Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Good to know. I have never stayed at OKW so I was unaware of the line situation for the boats. That’s okay buses will be fine. I’ll just be happy to be there and to try a new resort.
We will be there Monday as well! I totally forgot they had boats but we've also never been to this resort and we'll still enjoy it:D

They did reduce the price but only ~18%

So Adults are now $62 vs $75 and kids are now $37 instead of $45

And it is open for dinner time too but they are only using one menu now (listed as lunch)
Just keep in mind, it's $62 per adult plus tax & gratuity....prepaid.

I was interested for dinner possibly, but really just isn't worth it for reduced experience + uninteresting (to me) menu "options".. but, I've been there for B, L, D previously so it's not a "bucket list" item anymore... happy for those that are able to experience it though!

So disappointing, I really think we are canceling our Halloween trip. Just not worth the money for such a reduced experience.
Well, its official, we are postponing indefinitely. Even with the new discounts bringing the price of our Halloween trip in line with what we would have paid in August, we just can't justify the trip with the drastically reduced hours and offerings plus the hassle of strict mask compliance. Once the restrictions ease up we will be ready to go back, I just wish I knew when that was. I usually start planning the next trip soon after we come back from Disney and now I don't even have that to look forward to. :sad:
I'll be watching the board closely to see how things unfold....

Just keep in mind, it's $62 per adult plus tax & gratuity....prepaid.

I was interested for dinner possibly, but really just isn't worth it for reduced experience + uninteresting (to me) menu "options".. but, I've been there for B, L, D previously so it's not a "bucket list" item anymore... happy for those that are able to experience it though!

yeah, I did my price out "test" for one adult and one child and you can see the total cost (with tax and tip) below - comes to $123.26

Definitely still pricey but for those not interested in the princesses but that would like to eat int eh castle once (bucket list type thing) then at least it is some savings I guess

Thought it was noteworthy to report that Disneyland Hong Kong is expected to reopen soon! And the construction barriers have been removed from the new castle. Inside the Magic has a short report on it.
https://insidethemagic.net/2020/09/hong-kong-castle-construction-tm1/The new castle looks so pretty! I can't wait to go back, if only the borders weren't closed... I think for them it has been a good thing to have the park closed to do such a big rework on their castle.
castle-of-magical-dreams-630x430.jpg

And because this Saturday the Disneyland Hotel in Hong Kong celebrates its 15th anniversary, guests staying at the hotel will receive some small gifts :)

Looked at booking Cinderella’s Royal Table...

Advance payment is still required and the price hasn’t changed (I think? $77/person). Yeah, gonna get right on that Disney:rotfl2:

[ETA: price has dropped by 18% per @TheMaxRebo ]
Its now $62 for adults, the same as BOG, so Im wondering if the Princesses will be now just waving from the balcony... sort of like Beast just walking thru the room and waving

yeah, I did my price out "test" for one adult and one child and you can see the total cost (with tax and tip) below - comes to $123.26

View attachment 525292

Definitely still pricey but for those not interested in the princesses but that would like to eat int eh castle once (bucket list type thing) then at least it is some savings I guess
I like to get a nutella fruit waffle or the pumpkin spiced waffles and have a $10 meal castle adjacent
:D
honestly I've only eaten there once, for my DD 8th birthday she had the most expensive croissant I have ever paid for and she did play with her fruit so I guess worth it?
Bit again people did rent out the tents in tomorrowland for more than a room at the CR so it'll get booked

I like to get a nutella fruit waffle or the pumpkin spiced waffles and have a $10 meal castle adjacent
:D
honestly I've only eaten there once, for my DD 8th birthday she had the most expensive croissant I have ever paid for and she did play with her fruit so I guess worth it?
Bit again people did rent out the tents in tomorrowland for more than a room at the CR so it'll get booked

So many things at WDW are overpriced - and I feel like there are way more egregious things to overspend on compared to getting eat inside Cinderella's Castle while my kids are entertained by princesses, and wishing ceremonies, etc. At least it is something unique and "only at Disney", etc ... At least to do once

Well, its official, we are postponing indefinitely. Even with the new discounts bringing the price of our Halloween trip in line with what we would have paid in August, we just can't justify the trip with the drastically reduced hours and offerings plus the hassle of strict mask compliance. Once the restrictions ease up we will be ready to go back, I just wish I knew when that was. I usually start planning the next trip soon after we come back from Disney and now I don't even have that to look forward to. :sad:
I'll be watching the board closely to see how things unfold....
Yesterday I cancelled my trip too for mainly the same reasons as you. I most likely won't go back until the end of 2022

So many things at WDW are overpriced - and I feel like there are way more egregious things to overspend on compared to getting eat inside Cinderella's Castle while my kids are entertained by princesses, and wishing ceremonies, etc. At least it is something unique and "only at Disney", etc ... At least to do once
Also, you each get a wand or sword and a wishing star to take home. That is a big bonus to my kids and counts as one of their souvenirs, meaning I am spending less elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter