Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people get out and the boat starts moving, then they could be knocked in to the water and the current. The boat didn’t fully sink so they would have gotten wet but no worse than that.

I think most people would panic if the boat started taking on water and sinking. What if there was a small 40” child sitting in there? Wouldn’t take much water to be pretty high up on a small child in seated position. When Jungle Cruise started sinking, they didn’t tell people to stay seated when they got up and started standing on the outside of the boat.

This CM did not act appropriately, acting like the guests should have stayed in a sinking log. This is ridiculous.

Everyone LOVES to jump to conclusions. This is their training, the cm doesn't make up the rule. It's a safety hazard cause they can fall into the ride mechanism itself. They are not going to drown if they stay in the log but they might fall and injure themselves if they fall from the side and into the canal. I know it seems scary, obviously no one wants to go through that but I would trust the cm who operates the ride about safety issues

Everyone LOVES to jump to conclusions. This is their training, the cm doesn't make up the rule. It's a safety hazard cause they can fall into the ride mechanism itself. They are not going to drown if they stay in the log but they might fall and injure themselves if they fall from the side and into the canal. I know it seems scary, obviously no one wants to go through that but I would trust the cm who operates the ride about safety issues

My issue is that the guests are already out of the vehicle and she is admonishing them for getting out. They’re not in the boat while she’s telling them to stay in. What is the point of how she is speaking to them? They got out because their log was taking on water and they were scared. Are they supposed to get back IN the water filled log at that point?

Last edited:
My issue is that the guests are already out of the vehicle and she is admonishing them for getting out. They’re not in the boat while she’s telling them to stay in. What is the point of how she is speaking to them? They got out because their log was taking on water and they were scared. Are they supposed to get back IN the water filled log at that point?

Not to mention, its not a safety issue when they are already standing alongside the boat. She talks to them as if they should have known to stay in the sinking boat...how would they know this?

Not to mention, its not a safety issue when they are already standing alongside the boat. She talks to them as if they should have known to stay in the sinking boat...how would they know this?

Exactly. You remain in the vehicle even if it’s taking on water and you have no idea how deep the water is?

The scary part is if you look at one of the photos of the log, the front row became fully submberged. Could easily be up to a 40” child’s neck, even head because they’re sitting. Still stay in the vehicle then?

And what if you couldn’t get a small child out of the restraint? Yikes. Really scary.

While I don't know just where this happened, the area could be dangerous for non-trained people to be. A couple of years ago my niece was a CP and her attractions were BTMR and Splash. She told us that there are various spots around the trough that present hazards and they are trained on where to walk and what to avoid. They are also trained in evacuation procedures for guests. I have no doubt this CM was doing what they felt was the safest for the guest.

I LOVE CM’s and typically I will defend them no matter what bc i do trust that they are trained in these situations- but if anyone thinks I’m going to look at my terrified 5 year old and say “don’t worry - it’s safer in the boat” while the water is inching closer to his head & I’m not physically able to grab him or hold onto him- not happening.

Exactly. You remain in the vehicle even if it’s taking on water and you have no idea how deep the water is?

The scary part is if you look at one of the photos of the log, the front row became fully submberged. Could easily be up to a 40” child’s neck, even head because they’re sitting. Still stay in the vehicle then?

And what if you couldn’t get a small child out of the restraint? Yikes. Really scary.
Wow! Even the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea "submarines" didn't go fully submerged.

I LOVE CM’s and typically I will defend them no matter what bc i do trust that they are trained in these situations- but if anyone thinks I’m going to look at my terrified 5 year old and say “don’t worry - it’s safer in the boat” while the water is inching closer to his head & I’m not physically able to grab him or hold onto him- not happening.

I love CMs too - I was one! I almost always lean in defense of CMs.

This CM is being argumentative over whether the guests should have gotten out after they were already out. The CM should have used a little more common sense - of course a guest is going to evacuate a log that’s significantly taking on water when they have no idea how deep the water is.

Instead of arguing with them about what they should have done, she should be working the next step - how to fix it. She’s acting like the log filling up is no big deal. Very bizarre.

Hmm, kinda scared to go on splash now... guess they're going to be redoing this ride at a good time if it's starting to deteriorate this badly!

Maybe they were told to stay in the boat through speaker once the cm at the video controls saw what was happening. We can't know the whole story from a 10 second clip

Maybe they were told to stay in the boat through speaker once the cm at the video controls saw what was happening. We can't know the whole story from a 10 second clip

Or we could just look at the situation for what it is. A boat's sinking, you get out. The family is already out, there is literally 0 to gain from what the cm said. Its not like they were going for a stroll when they got out.

Is tHiS tHe fUtuRe of NiGHtiME enTerTaiMeNt budget costs?
Yes.
It was being talked about before if Disney is holding off advertising because of perception, just saw they’re “hosting” influencers, according to one influencers posting who flew in from a hot spot, so there’s that. 🙃
No reason to waste a lot of $$$ advertising. Ads wont attract guest subject to quarantine coming and/or going. Won't attract guests concerned about health flying. Unhappy about modified experiences. Mask issues.

We are on our 5th day here (and just moved to our second resort). So far, most reported experiences have been true for us too. Both Raglan Road and Beaches & Cream were a little sketchy with physical distancing, crowding and, well, sanitary practices. Topolino’s did a fantastic job of it all though. Biergarten today!

Wait times are wildly over.stated. We haven’t waited 50% of stated times. At DHS on Saturday, rope drop was crazy but inside park it didn’t seem bad. We didn’t get a 10 am rioters big, got one at 2 pm but were not called because of extensive down time. I despair of riding it at this point. We did ride every other ride in park twice and had leisurely lunch and left at 3:30 so felt like a productive day.

I wasn’t a sky liner believer but we loved them during our Riviera stay. We loved everything about Riviera, in fact. We would buy there in a minute if they loosened the restrictions.

So happy to see CM feeling empowered to enforce mask rules. Compliance ok but people will try to get away with whatever they can which is disheartening.

Lastly, I was disappointed that we were only offered $47 each to remove ph plus from our 10 day plus flex tickets bought in 2019. Bad form on Disney’s part, IMO. GR manager was ver nice and sympathetic but hands were tied.

We are on our 5th day here (and just moved to our second resort). So far, most reported experiences have been true for us too. Both Raglan Road and Beaches & Cream were a little sketchy with physical distancing, crowding and, well, sanitary practices. Topolino’s did a fantastic job of it all though. Biergarten today!

Wait times are wildly over.stated. We haven’t waited 50% of stated times. At DHS on Saturday, rope drop was crazy but inside park it didn’t seem bad. We didn’t get a 10 am rioters big, got one at 2 pm but were not called because of extensive down time. I despair of riding it at this point. We did ride every other ride in park twice and had leisurely lunch and left at 3:30 so felt like a productive day.

I wasn’t a sky liner believer but we loved them during our Riviera stay. We loved everything about Riviera, in fact. We would buy there in a minute if they loosened the restrictions.

So happy to see CM feeling empowered to enforce mask rules. Compliance ok but people will try to get away with whatever they can which is disheartening.

Lastly, I was disappointed that we were only offered $47 each to remove ph plus from our 10 day plus flex tickets bought in 2019. Bad form on Disney’s part, IMO. GR manager was ver nice and sympathetic but hands were tied.

Prices on ad ons such as ph and plus are dirt cheap compared to what one would expect. Its why Disney didnt flinch on offering refunds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter