Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait until we hear exactly what happened - i think the speculation here is pretty pointless. It's fine saying what you would or wouldn't do in the situation - but we can't possibly guess what happened based on the posted videos and pictures. They aren't long enough to surmise if it was taking on water before, if there was already water, if someone panicked and got out early etc - I just know if it WAS taking on active water, I'm out.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/08/splash-mountain-ride-vehicle-sinks-at-magic-kingdom-guests-evacuated/
A few more details in this report. Particularly interesting is the fact that the nose of the boat is capable of going underneath the boat in front of it. Enough said, IMO.
It would make sense if the boat In back is submerged and the one in front is not. Pretty sure the sunk boat went under the other one after the people got out since you don’t see that in the posted pictures.

Prices on ad ons such as ph and plus are dirt cheap compared to what one would expect. Its why Disney didnt flinch on offering refunds.

yes, but their worth is much higher. Having fun with family right now so don’t have time to recalculate actual worth but this is much lower. Just an informational heads up for optimistic folks like me not to go into it thinking they are giving back full value. 😂

It would make sense if the boat In back is submerged and the one in front is not. Pretty sure the sunk boat went under the other one after the people got out since you don’t see that in the posted pictures.

I'm aware of whats in the pictures and I don't disagree with you regarding the timing of what was shown, but I'm making a different point. If a boat is weighted down with guests, continues to take on water, and has the ability to be pushed under the boat in front of it, what do you suppose might happen to those guests if they stay in boat? From a safety and common sense standpoint, I'm not even sure why this is being debated. Until I saw the photo, I for one had no idea that channel was deep enough to allow a boat to actually submerge under another.

yes, but their worth is much higher. Having fun with family right now so don’t have time to recalculate actual worth but this is much lower. Just an informational heads up for optimistic folks like me not to go into it thinking they are giving back full value. 😂

Yeah, my son called to have the park hopper plus portion of his 7 day ticket refunded and only got $30-something back. Neither of us could recall what it actually cost to add them on as he bought the tickets over a year ago, but we're pretty sure it was more than that. It appeared to us that Disney simply refunded the difference in what he paid vs what a ticket costs today (after 2 price increases since he purchased the ticket). I could understand that logic if park hopping and water parks were still available and someone simply changed their mind and wanted them removed. But as you paid for something that Disney cannot provide, they should have refunded the actual cost of those things when the ticket was purchased. Oh well.

At the end of the day - like you said - it's not worth spending vacation time fighting with them over it. I imagine their system isn't set up to do handle it the way we'd like so my son just took the refund they gave him and moved on.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Yeah, my son called to have the park hopper plus portion of his 7 day ticket refunded and only got $30-something back. Neither of us could recall what it actually cost to add them on as he bought the tickets over a year ago, but we're pretty sure it was more than that. It appeared to us that Disney simply refunded the difference in what he paid vs what a ticket costs today (after 2 price increases since he purchased the ticket). I could understand that logic if park hopping and water parks were still available and someone simply changed their mind and wanted them removed. But as you paid for something that Disney cannot provide, they should have refunded the actual cost of those things when the ticket was purchased. Oh well.

At the end of the day - like you said - it's not worth spending vacation time fighting with them over it. I imagine their system isn't set up to do handle it the way we'd like so my son just took the refund they gave him and moved on.

That was what I was worried about. We'll probably save our park hoppers for next year and buy new non-hoppers if we do actually get to go this year.

$60 to upgrade to park hopper. (regardless of how many days you have tickets for).

Absolutely not ok. But I get the money isn’t worth it you guys fighting them for, it’s just a crappy move on their part.

Have any of the parks hit the new capacity levels yet to where people are being turned away? Not sure if the weather in FL over the weekend had a huge impact on test, but numbers in FL are down. Makes me wonder as numbers in Fl drop will people start hitting the parks and what the parks actual max levels may look like?

Have any of the parks hit the new capacity levels yet to where people are being turned away? Not sure if the weather in FL over the weekend had a huge impact on test, but numbers in FL are down. Makes me wonder as numbers in Fl drop will people start hitting the parks and what the parks actual max levels may look like?
So far they've been selling tickets at the entrances everyday so they haven't hit capacity

You get out, lose your balance, fall in to the ride mechanism and get crushed. That CM was right.
This is a tricky situation that happened. In the past guests have gotten out of the log for various reasons with dire consequences. Disney is very safety conscience. The water was shallow and I probably would have listened to the CM. But since I wasn’t there I can’t criticize others actions.

This is a tricky situation that happened. In the past guests have gotten out of the log for various reasons with dire consequences. Disney is very safety conscience. The water was shallow and I probably would have listened to the CM. But since I wasn’t there I can’t criticize others actions.
Mickey Blog reported that the water is rumored to be 6 feet deep in the area where the log sunk, according to sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter