Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is wild thinking, but is there any chance the whole BC/BWV thing has anything to do with Ratatouille?

The International Gateway is a straight shot to the France pavilion, so maybe they are wanting to control those crowds at IG, so that there isn't a social distance unfriendly swarm toward RAT?

My guess is no, and that the already open Pop is probably a bigger issue for numbers at IG than the resort side of BC and BW combined.

I think it’s just the simplest explanation, they’re not yet open and there’s not enough reason for Disney to open them by the original date.

Right now Disney is down a lot of their more expensive experiences and events, leaving the spending coming largely from new ticket sales, merch, food, and resort stays. They’re also probably missing a lot of the very spend-y guests, who will spare no expense for their big Disney trip.

*raises hand* Childless Millennial with Add-On Itis who always does dessert parties, After Hours, tours, etc. here. I think the state quarantine orders are having a massive impact on this population since many of us are out of state APs. I also think the lack of CL is huge to this group.

I thought of you! CALL NOW!!! :rotfl:

I just shot my TA an email and she's really fast about getting back to me so we'll see lol. Even if I don't get some crazy pixie dust like that staying in one of the DVC rooms shouldn't be too bad, it might even be better as a solo guest (omg can you imagine a solo in the bungalows. I would do cartwheels through the whole place lol)

The CDC guidance is very clear - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html

"I think or know I had COVID-19, and I had symptoms" - 10 days or no symptoms and two negative test 24 hours apart
"I tested positive but had no symptoms" - 10 days or two negative test 24 hours apart"
"I have a weakened immune system..." longer than 10 days
"I have been in close contact with someone with Covid" - 14 days

*close contact is defined as any individual who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes

Not advocating or advising either way, just clearing up the confusions as to what the CDC states now, it was updated back in the beginning of June. Some states have their own rules as well.
Yes but that's not what I've seen now from 2 different posters just today. People think that instead of 14 days (mostly after people have traveled and are attempting to isolate) you can just take 10 as if the CDC reduced the time from 14 days down to 10 days. That's not what the CDC updated and this is the confusion/misinformation that is JUST recirculating around. There numerous news stories from the past few days to the last few weeks. That's why it's becoming an issue right now as it is circulating around news stories. It's irrespective of a state's quarantine. People just hear 10 days and apply that if their state isn't requiring a 14 day requirement.

As I was typing that she got back to me lol (told you she was fast). Apparently it's looking like I may be moved to CR...or interestingly, YC, but they're currently working with Disney right now and she will keep me updated. It seems as if Disney is looking to move those guests similar to what happened with the folks who were moved from BC to the Poly. Maybe because it's an agency booking? I wasn't booked on an exclusive rate though like the BC group, just the normal Disney AP discount. I wonder if they're just handling all guests thru the agency as a group.

I have to admit, if it's CR I may end up cancelling. Not sure I'd dig that for 6 days with no fireworks.

I know this is wild thinking, but is there any chance the whole BC/BWV thing has anything to do with Ratatouille?

The International Gateway is a straight shot to the France pavilion, so maybe they are wanting to control those crowds at IG, so that there isn't a social distance unfriendly swarm toward RAT?
No chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter