Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be shocked if they reopen AoA on August 12 and Yacht Club on August 24. Beach and Poly, maybe due to the attached DVCs, but with current attendance levels being what they are, I don’t know why they would open more rooms than they need to. CBR will already be adding 1500+ rooms to a half-empty system this week.
This is new. They updated it on DTA this morning. They changed the dates for Poly and AoA and BWI and BC are closed indefinitely:

As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

We are committed to reopening Disney Resort hotels, though at this time we have decided to adjust the reopening dates for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort due to the current environment. With this in mind, the planned reopening dates for additional Disney Resort hotels will be as follows.
  • July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline.
Well I had Beach and Yacht flipped and I'm a bit surprised about Poly.

Presumably as long as they have DVC 1BRs available they can continue to keep the Family Suites at AoA closed. Currently there's good DVC availability until, well, November.

Hope they set the moth balls out at Port Orleans and the All Stars.

They could’ve even kept Yacht Club closed and opened Beach Club since that has DVC which is open. Disney could then take their time to clean up after the NBA. Just interesting to see how they are going about things.
I don’t know when it changed, but I see the October 22-26 Gartner IT Symposium is now a virtual only conference. (In May, Gartner was asking if I wanted to use my voucher to attend the Orlando event as the Symposium was going to be one of their first conferences since my cancelled March Dallas conference)

The IT Symposium normally blocks a huge number of Epcot area rooms and results in posts wondering why most Deluxe resorts “sold out” that week.

We were due to check into AOA on 8/15. Will they move me automatically without messing up my other reservations or do I need to call?
They might but I would definitely call. You might get through now before the news spreads to widely, otherwise I'd call tomorrow, mid-afternoon seems to be working well for people.

They might but I would definitely call. You might get through now before the news spreads to widely, otherwise I'd call tomorrow, mid-afternoon seems to be working well for people.
I agree and would call now.
I called in about 15 minutes ago after I read this and CM picked up after 10 minutes give or take (it originally said 3 minutes). I'm still on hold while she's doing something in the system.
Edited as typing: Ugh my phone cut out (not theirs!) and I was disconnected. We're having some work done on the house and I didn't think about the router getting bumped offline.

Edit #2: Now the high call volume message is playing, it said more than 25 minute wait time (not bad, but clearly picking up since a few minutes ago)

Edit #3: CM picked up 25 minutes on the button. He was on break when CMs got the message and hadn't even seen it yet but then confirmed these resorts will be further delaying openings.
I'm back on hold since it's not in the system yet, he's checking on something.

Last edited:
I called in about 15 minutes ago after I read this and CM picked up after 10 minutes give or take (it originally said 3 minutes). I'm still on hold while she's doing something in the system.
Edited as typing: Ugh my phone cut out (not theirs!) and I was disconnected. We're having some work done on the house and I didn't think about the router getting bumped offline.

Edit #2: Now the high call volume message is playing, it said more than 25 minute wait time (not bad, but clearly picking up since a few minutes ago)
I called. They can’t figure it out and said they will need to call me back. We have an accessible room. Ugh. I just want a place to sleep we can get into and none of our other reservations to change.

With Yacht Club still opening on 8/24, and Beach Club Villas open, they could open SAB. Beach Club hotel side doesn't have that many rooms... Between Yacht and BCV it will be fairly busy. Fingers Crossed.

Edit #3: CM picked up 25 minutes on the button. He was on break when CMs got the message and hadn't even seen it yet but then confirmed these resorts will be further delaying openings.
I'm back on hold since it's not in the system yet, he's checking on something.
What a time for the message to come through, mid-break 😂

What a time for the message to come through, mid-break 😂
I know. I felt so bad for this CM, it sounds like the CMs weren't given a heads up even if he wasn't on break :(
I'm on hold again, escalated to GS since the system won't let him do anything, he said he tried several different ways and rooms.

I know. I felt so bad for this CM, it sounds like the CMs weren't given a heads up even if he wasn't on break :(
I'm on hold again, escalated to GS since the system won't let him do anything, he said he tried several different ways and rooms.
That’s what happened to me but they took my information to call me back. He indicated that he thought the system would have to update first.

Well, Poly and AoA getting pushed back that far does not bode well for POFQ potentially reopening later this year. I knew the odds were slim anyway but the messaging (from our Dreams TA and the phone CMs) was always mixed so we were still a little hopeful for December. Guess it’s time to figure out what our plan B is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter