Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is new. They updated it on DTA this morning. They changed the dates for Poly and AoA and BWI and BC are closed indefinitely:

As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

We are committed to reopening Disney Resort hotels, though at this time we have decided to adjust the reopening dates for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort due to the current environment. With this in mind, the planned reopening dates for additional Disney Resort hotels will be as follows.
  • July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline.
Uh oh. Well since I check in to the Poly on August 24th (not in a Villa) this should be interesting 😅 I've been wanting to try out Riviera, we shall see if I can weasel my way over there.

My 2020 trip rebooking extravaganza really keeps me on my toes.

For those who have returned already from WDW, are you planning to get tested regardless of whether you have symptoms or not? If so, how many days after you return are you getting tested? I think if I do end up going in Sept (stuck with a non-refundable DVC rental) I will be taking over a week off after my trip and will get tested a few days after I get home. I don't want to be the asymptomatic person who brings it back to my workplace from a hotspot...
Currently in my area they aren’t testing non-symptomatic people because the labs are backed up again. I would have got tested about 5 days after getting home, which would be today, but I can’t since I don’t have any symptoms. I am self quarantining though just to be safe.

Not opening boardwalk and beach club surprises me because DVC members are staying there already. It’s not like they are staying completely closed.
Yeah, those are weird ones. Only thing I can think of is if it’s to limit the amount of people entering Epcot through the International Gateway? Or so they can limit the usage of the friendship boats?

I could also see them keeping Stormalong Bay closed indefinitely now since BC won’t be opening fully.

Not opening boardwalk and beach club surprises me because DVC members are staying there already. It’s not like they are staying completely closed.

My DVC rental is at BWV in Sept - guess it will be super quiet if I do end up going! I do think it's odd that they are keeping the main resort closed indefinitely.

They could’ve even kept Yacht Club closed and opened Beach Club since that has DVC which is open. Disney could then take their time to clean up after the NBA. Just interesting to see how they are going about things.
Unless they needed YC open for the pet friendly deluxe availability? Only thing I can think of with that move.

that's what I was thinking

Do we have any idea when YC opens, they'll open the restaurants too? Been wanting to try Ale & Compass

There is a whole block of "Magical" deal people at the Poly during a time it is now closed, many of whom were moved there from initial bookings at the Beach Club. I'm interested to see where that block gets moved. I don't know how large it is but I imagine it is a decent size. My guess would be Yacht or CR?

Also I just realized I have to redo my ADRs again now *cries*

Demand must have fallen off a cliff with no EP hopping?

(If so that’s sad as I was hoping they’d do something about allowing hopping to EP. if that’s the reason they aren’t opening then this signals they aren’t gonna do anything about that 😔 )

I’m confused. This is what the travel agency we tend to use posted... either they made a big oops or ...?

Attachments

• F780A793-7BC7-4517-912D-4C9B4252F7FF.jpeg
    F780A793-7BC7-4517-912D-4C9B4252F7FF.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter