Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Now, I haven't seen it much here, but on some of the FB groups I'm in, I've always been amazed at the people that will go sick. Stomach flu? Colds? Positive for influenza? Oh well, we're still going!
Yeah that’s insane to me. When I don’t feel good, the last thing I want to do is walk 5 plus miles a day around a theme park in the heat. And, ppl who drag their sick kids out infuriate me more!

exactly, don't send an email telling people to call if you don't have the info. She tells me that she's sorry but this is all unprecedented, and I agree, it was in March, April, May but once you give an opening date you should have an idea on how to proceed, we are still waiting on the "info coming in early July" for refunds and cancelations

It's been a week since my email to them and nothing so far outside of the instant reply.

30+ mins on hold Friday until I gave up. I refuse to call anymore. Do I just continue to email?

I guess customer service towards APs has been effectively cut?

Yeah that’s insane to me. When I don’t feel good, the last thing I want to do is walk 5 plus miles a day around a theme park in the heat. And, ppl who drag their sick kids out infuriate me more!
Yeah it was bad enough the one time the Mrs. got sick after a F&W Brunch to get her from Epcot back to Swan and Dolphin, I couldn't imagine "being a tough person" and stick it out like that. We had our son have a fever / cold on another trip, and it let the Mrs. and the daughter have a girls day out. Gotta be responsible but also find opportunities for part of your family to have a fun unexpected experience. They had a blast that day.

I guess customer service towards APs has been effectively cut?

It's frustrating for sure. I have to think that the plans for how to address the AP situation(s) could have been laid out in less than a week. In fact, I feel those plans were made and we are seeing exactly what their plan of execution was. What does that tell us? To me, it says the AP is devalued and moving forward isn't the revenue thrust that it once was.

No I don't know where the no shows came from. It does show that the pent up demand they claimed was there isn't.
I doubt there are many who got passes to go with no intentions of going, at least no more than any other AP event. I never read a single comment from anyone here who said they got a ticket and never intended on going. I'm sure there were some who got tickets and didn't go- clearly. I think it's more than reasonable to assume that a great many of them stayed home for the very reason I did. They didn't feel like it was safe to travel to a state with an out of control pandemic going on or they're local and still didn't think it was safe.

I'm not sure why this was deleted. It has to do with Disney AND theme parks due to Coronavirus. Interesting the difference in how Europe is handling it

It's frustrating for sure. I have to think that the plans for how to address the AP situation(s) could have been laid out in less than a week. In fact, I feel those plans were made and we are seeing exactly what their plan of execution was. What does that tell us? To me, it says the AP is devalued and moving forward isn't the revenue thrust that it once was.

Sadly I think you are correct. They want the higher spend per guest right now to get them through this time. I think they are putting their eggs in the wrong basket, though...

Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter