Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all absolutely ridiculous. When you are the hotspot there is no need to limit ppl coming in form anywhere per se. You (hotspot) state are the problem not the other way around.
If you are in a hot spot do you really want addition ppl coming into your area possibly carrying the virus adding to your your already stretched health services work load. you can not hope the limit the spread if you do not control movement.

To keep this on topic has it already been mentioned that the UK Disney web site is not allowing you to purchase 2020 park tickets. Seems Disney doesn't want overseas visitors

I wonder if this true.

"Tokyo Disney Resort is well-known for its seasonal events, covering the entire year with reasons for Guests and Annual Passholders to come back often with unique entertainment, food, and merchandise offerings. But in the wake of COVID-19 safety precautions, the Tokyo Disney Resort announced today that they are canceling almost all special events at both parks through March 2021."

And if it is true, I wonder if WDW wIll follow?

I wonder if this true.

"Tokyo Disney Resort is well-known for its seasonal events, covering the entire year with reasons for Guests and Annual Passholders to come back often with unique entertainment, food, and merchandise offerings. But in the wake of COVID-19 safety precautions, the Tokyo Disney Resort announced today that they are canceling almost all special events at both parks through March 2021."

Yes it’s true, it’s a possibility that WDW will cancel all after hours events, they haven’t said anything about Christmas events yet, but halloween has already been cancelled. Ray I also wanted to say I saw your pictures in another thread they were great very thorough and well taken.

i don’t have a answer for the USA opening borders to overseas visitors, that’s a complicated issue that I don’t have a answer for.It’s not locals only they are pretty much advertising nation wide here. Why would Disney sell tickets to European visitors if they can‘t even come to the states yet. If they did I’m sure they’d be criticized for it at this time.
As an overseas DVC owner I have a November booking one of our party has turned 3 since our original March booking so now requires a ticket, now I'm not too concerned but what there is the outside possibility that if we are being put to the back of the que by the time tickets are made available to us the park reservations have all been taken by the people who had access to tickets before us. Of course this is all dependant on travel restrictions being lifted.
Maybe Disney should have been clearer with there 2020 ticket announcement and DVC shouldn't have sent me an email telling me I could get tickets.

As an overseas DVC owner I have a November booking one of our party has turned 3 since our original March booking so now requires a ticket, now I'm not too concerned but what there is the outside possibility that if we are being put to the back of the que by the time tickets are made available to us the park reservations have all been taken by the people who had access to tickets before us. Of course this is all dependant on travel restrictions being lifted.
Maybe Disney should have been clearer with there 2020 ticket announcement and DVC shouldn't have sent me an email telling me I could get tickets.
They definitely should have been more clear and they shouldn’t be emailing either. I feel your pain, your braver than me, if I didn’t live in the U.S. I wouldn’t visit anytime soon.

They definitely should have been more clear and they shouldn’t be emailing either. I feel your pain, your braver than me, if I didn’t live in the U.S. I wouldn’t visit anytime soon.
When we rescheduled in March, November seemed a long way away and I honestly thought we would all be coping better by November. From an outsiders view it doesn't appear the U.S. is coping that well (willing to accept its just the way media are portraying it) and now I think it's only 30/70 that we will be going.

I get what you’re saying and you’re probably not trying to paint everyone who is actively choosing not to go with the same brush, but at the same time it feels a lot like telling those of us who are refusing to go right now for virus related reasons (or those who don’t like limitations and rules that the virus has made necessary - not people angry with Disney for those decisions) that without us WDW is going to be a better experience.

There are a lot of us who are staying away for one reason or another who are happy and friendly and maybe even fun when we’re in WDW. Maybe it’s less pleasant without us there, lol :ssst:

Thanks for this. I’ve been trying to find a way to respond to that insulting post and couldn’t manage to do it in a way that wouldn’t score me a few points. I probably take it too personally after having dealt with a little boy crying his eyes out because he’s being disappointed again then reading that WDW is going to be a better place because he and his family won’t be there.

I wonder if this true.

They still may follow suit, but I do think Tokyo (in geneal, not Disney), is trying to be more strict on things because they really want to be able to have the olympics next year

I really hope this hasn't been answered previously, I'm low on time to catch up with all posts...

Has Rider Switch been addressed yet? We are traveling with a 2 year old and rider switch was so helpful on our previous trip.
Yes rider switch is available as well as DAS card usage, same procedure for both too
Annnnd it’s gone from the app
I saw it in March and then again late May

So what happens if the rumors end up being true and the governor does change the states that need to quarantine to a policy similar to NY and all of a sudden this weekend 18 states are on the list?
I was thinking the same. The tristate people will be happy and many others will be mad. I would be worried if I was in one of the bad states right now. Unless he just lets everyone in no matter where your from. Who knows. We shall soon find out.

I maintain that VQ make a whole lot of sense for this scenario we’ve found ourselves in. People keep saying that Disney needs people in lines and out of walkways and stores and this is true, but does nobody remember how your BG would get called for RotR and you still had a good wait in a line at times?

That is why I think they’d be so helpful if crowds get heavier than we saw today. Control for Disney, not lessened waits for the guests. No lines spilling out, and no clusters waiting to join a line that has hit the end of its queue.

I have been on to say how they need to utilize the queue space BUT if the lines are going to spill out of the queue space then it makes sense.

I recall one mention that with social distancing the queue for RotR can hold 1.5 hours of people. If there is a desire for people beyond that then I think it makes sense to use a VQ for calling you room for you to get in the 1.5 hour queue

I don't think it makes sense, now, to use VQs instead of regular queues

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see virtual queues come in to play. Disney was wise to have several days of tightly controlled previews so they could data collect. They know how many people went it, they have logs of wait times, from a math perspective its easy to then extrapolate into which rides need it, which don't, and at what levels of attendance (which they have compliments of their park reservation system).

The one thing that has struck me from the start of all this is how unevenly it treats its guests. It's only my opinion but it seems in a effort to spread themselves as wide as possible and gain access to every possible buck they have got themselves in a mess by having too many pricing points and different levels of perks. If you follow this thread it seems if at one stage or another everybody has felt marginalised at some point, from DVC owners, Annual pass owners, Dinning plan purchasers and now it looks like overseas visitors. I understand there was never going to be a solution that suited everybody but it would look better if we were all in the same boat, it seems Disney's selling structure has meant they cannot possibly find a solution that looks evenhanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter