Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, which is good in some ways but also can understand passholders upset if a day is full for the passholder allotment but not for the dialy ticket allotment and they can't book but someone with "just" a daily ticket can book

I wonder if they will ever meet them. Like if even day of thee are still "daily ticket slots" left but no "passholder slots" seems reasonable to let passholders use one of those other slots but maybe easier to just keep always separate
You would think eventually at a month to two weeks out from the date they would want to move them to pass holders and the hotels to keep local pass holders happy at give people an incentive to fill their hotel rooms.

Yeah, two points about this:

1. It's Sunday. Sunday is always under-reported; and
2. This shows that the "data dump" line was garbage.

Wait for Tuesday. That's when things are going to be really really bad.
FL really needs to report hospitalizations & deaths. If those aren’t going up, there is a good chance the virus is weakening so more ppl having it isn’t as relevant.

Testing happens 7 days a week and weekends are pretty popular because people aren't working. Deaths usually dip during the weekend because the death counter person is off but I haven't noticed that with case counts.
Okay your term “death counter person” invoked a reaction in me that about sums up 2020 for me.

But can we take a minute to appreciate how messed up life is that someone on a Disney planning board says “because the death counter person is off” and no one hardly blinked at that.

Last edited:
Testing happens 7 days a week and weekends are pretty popular because people aren't working. Deaths usually dip during the weekend because the death counter person is off but I haven't noticed that with case counts.
Yeah, two points about this:

1. It's Sunday. Sunday is always under-reported; and
2. This shows that the "data dump" line was garbage.

Wait for Tuesday. That's when things are going to be really really bad.
Yup. I want the numbers down as much as anyone. No one wants to see increases, but facts are stubborn things and we might as well face them. To me, time would be better spent doing what it takes to make things better instead of trying to figure out justifications for why these numbers aren’t showing exactly what they are showing. I just don’t see how Disney opens under these conditions. I don’t see how the other parks stay open.

The percentage of positive has dropped less than 1% since Thursday. With the huge number of tests being done, that number should be going down significantly, and it’s not.

There is no way to spin this as good news and it minimizes the real risks when you try.
I’m not trying to spin it as good news. I’ve stated numerous times we’re headed in the wrong direction. Im stating facts, not opinions or fear like others.

Okay your term “death counter person” invoked a reaction in me that about sums up 2020 for me.

But can we take a minute to appreciate how messed up life Is that someone on a Disney planning board says “oh well the death counter person is off” and no one hardly blinked at that.

Oh my, did this ever hit home for me and bring some perspective to all this. Thank you.

But can we take a minute to appreciate how messed up life Is that someone on a Disney planning board says “oh well the death counter person is off” and no one hardly blinked at that.
I have no idea how that ended up in my post, auto correct, should have been data entry. Edit nevermind, I see you were quoting somebody else who said almost the same thing as I did but instead of using "data entry" used "death counter."

I’m not trying to spin it as good news. I’ve stated numerous times we’re headed in the wrong direction. Im stating facts, not opinions or fear like others.
You continually post about how the percentage of positives is low, when the real amount it’s down is insignificant and the fact is, with the number of tests being done, it should drop like a rock. The more testing, the lower the pop’s should be for any indication that this isn’t a real spike in cases. That’s spin.

I’m not posting fears either. Acknowledging reality is not fear.

You continually post about how the percentage of positives is low, when the real amount it’s down is insignificant and the fact is, with the number of tests being done, it should drop like a rock. The more testing, the lower the pop’s should be for any indication that this isn’t a real spike in cases. That’s spin.

I’m not posting fears either. Acknowledging reality is not fear.
The positives was low weeks ago and I posted such. Recently I’ve posted the opposite. Just trying to keep it real. I don’t spin.

I think when the media is showing numbers of cases, it should be more precise and deconstructed.
How many testing were done.
Of those numbers. How many positives.
Of those positives. How many were sick at home. How many went to the hospital.
Of those going to the hospital. How many were treated. How many were hospitalized. How many were in the ICU.
Then the picture is clearer.

I dont mind making reservations for the parks, and that wouldn’t deter me from re-upping my AP. Its the park hopper option that cause me not to renew. Right now, at this moment, its hard to imagine Park Hopping coming back in the near future, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they come back in some form before the end of the year. Not a free-for-all Park Hopper, but an additional park added to your reservation where you can go to 2 parks in a day, rather than just 1. Obviously that cant happen just yet with how the park hours are set, or the low capacity, but maybe by late September, October we could see something where you’re not confined to just 1 park
I can’t see park hopper coming back before Jan. They may raise the capacity at parks in Sep/Oct, but that is as far as they will go, imho.

I think when the media is showing numbers of cases, it should be more precise and deconstructed.
How many testing were done.
Of those numbers. How many positives.
Of those positives. How many were sick at home. How many went to the hospital.
Of those going to the hospital. How many were treated. How many were hospitalized. How many were in the ICU.
Then the picture is clearer.
ALL of this information is made available by the state of Colorado on an easily navigable website. Does the state of Florida have one? And if not, why? DeSantis isn’t exactly winning any transparency awards here, and that isn’t the media’s fault.

Yup. I want the numbers down as much as anyone. No one wants to see increases, but facts are stubborn things and we might as well face them. To me, time would be better spent doing what it takes to make things better instead of trying to figure out justifications for why these numbers aren’t showing exactly what they are showing. I just don’t see how Disney opens under these conditions. I don’t see how the other parks stay open.
If they’re right and the issue (if at least a big part of it) really is crowded bars/nightclubs with no social distancing and no masks, the numbers may go down now that they’re closed. As for Disney, the only way I see them not opening is if contact tracing begins to point to cases coming from Universal and the other open parks. If that doesn’t happen, I think they’ll open on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter