Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have reservations at WL for 7/25-8/1. They have not been changed as of this morning. Does that mean it won’t happen... no.

the way I read that screenshot was as they may start accepting NEW reservations at those particular resorts on the days. I base that off of the sentence:

“With that in mind, we are looking forward to the next phase and plan to make the following hotels available for Guest booking starting next month

Isn’t the WL side of the resort opening to guest stays before the parks open?
DVC is opening. The same thing is happening at Jambo House though that DVC is opening later than others.

I have reservations at WL for 7/25-8/1. They have not been changed as of this morning. Does that mean it won’t happen... no.

the way I read that screenshot was as they may start accepting NEW reservations at those particular resorts on the days. I base that off of the sentence:

“With that in mind, we are looking forward to the next phase and plan to make the following hotels available for Guest booking starting next month

Isn’t the WL side of the resort opening to guest stays before the parks open?

Only CCV rooms are opening at WL right now. The hotel side is not open and from this list, it isn’t yet slated for an open date.

Only CCV rooms are opening at WL right now. The hotel side is not open and from this list, it isn’t yet slated for an open date.
Aren’t CCV within the main resort? Just like one wing? Or am I misremembering? I don’t know why they aren’t opening. But Disney probably has their reasoning

Long time lurker, but I had a light bulb moment thinking about this new park reservation system. I feel like Disney is using this system to prevent a free-for-all and to avoid having to cancel guests themselves. I think that we will see huge variations in Park Availability depending on where you are staying and what kind of tickets you are using. This is based on an assumption that majority of people will cancel their resort reservations if they can't get into a park.

For example, if your reservation is at a resort that won't be open, then park availability will be limited to the open resort availability for the other resorts you could be moved to. If you are reserving parks with a DVC resort reservation, you may see much more availability since you already have a place to stay.

AP holders without resort reservations may be allotted park reservations from an entirely different pot, so they won't even be affected by booking later than the resort guests. For example, Disney may designate a certain percent of guests to be APs each day.

I thought about this because of some comments I saw about the 2021 Military Salute tickets. They aren't usually released until September (assuming they will be renewed for 2021). That would put them at a huge disadvantage for park reservations for 2021, unless Disney reserves a certain percent of park availability for those guests. The owner of the website (not sure if I am allowed to mention it) responded to a comment by saying that he can't say much, other than that Disney knows about special ticket holders and will not allow this system to be a free for all.

This system gives Disney so much more control over their guests, where they go, who they consist of, etc. I would not be surprised if people see wide differences in availability depending on where they are staying and how they are booked.
This sounds way beyond the IT groups capability :P

Not sure if this question has already been addressed, but is it realistic that there are enough open rooms to accommodate the people who have active reservations being moved into those open rooms without people being canceled by Disney?

Not sure if this question has already been addressed, but is it realistic that there are enough open rooms to accommodate the people who have active reservations being moved into those open rooms without people being canceled by Disney?
We don’t know. It depends on how many they want in these open resorts and how many have canceled.

I would imagine because of how moves will take place. For instance you may have MOST people booked at a value have their reservation walked to POP but a handful may have to be moved to CBR due to any number of reasons. Its more of a case by case basis situation than prior announcements.

Also If they move value to for example SSR or OKW they can sell POP for the price sensitive people (I`m one of those) once it will open to book again (we know later in the summer). In this coming years I`d imagine the demand for values will be higher. Someone might can afford a value but not a mod or deluxe.
Selling a values is still more many than not selling a deluxe :)

Back in the days (2010) when they refurbished POR and they were overbooked people get moved to SSR and OKW.
It`s all depends how many value guest kept their reservation.

Aren’t CCV within the main resort? Just like one wing? Or am I misremembering? I don’t know why they aren’t opening. But Disney probably has their reasoning

Yes. But since CCV is its own condo association they had to open them. I am sure if Disney and DVC could have found a way to keep them closed like they could Jambo, they would have.

So, you have BRV and CCV open at the WL spot. I am betting it has to do with not overcrowding that’s resort either. CR is opening for a deluxe so that is a much bigger property to move deluxe guests too...with the walking to MK, it would help with transportation as well!

Yes, CCV is in the main Lodge building. I have no clue why they wouldn't open the resort side in the same building. Perhaps it's to help lower capacity for the restaurants, pools, etc.?

I would assume, if the resort opening list is correct, they will have enough space to accommodate everyone. I would hope anyway!

So next month people can call and book packages with tickets and make reservations for parks, but I can’t call and add tickets to my already reserved room for December.

By the time tickets are able to be added for people like me, they won’t have any park availability.

Only for 2021...no one will be getting 2020 reservations with tickets before you are able to get tickets.

I haven’t seen anything but is there any info or rumors on the water parks opening?

Also, I have the platinum plus AP which I was going to activate in August. Still not sure what I’m going to do. Any suggestions on activating it? I’m torn to just go to my dvc resort and make a resort vacation instead of “wasting “ it with not being able to park hop or use water parks. Or would everyone expect some extension of months on it?

Trying to play catch up, I’ve been away for work, can park reservations be booked through the app tomorrow, or website only?

Bingo! Today we should begin the consolidation of guests. Again, if you don’t want to be charged, flexibility is going to be super super important, even if you’re disappointed with your new resort. Also, plans for POR, POFQ, AKL, WL and the All-Stars are still up in the air and will be determined when they see what demand looks like for beyond September.
So weird because TAs were telling people at POP that they would be moved on Monday.

Yes. But since CCV is its own condo association they had to open them. I am sure if Disney and DVC couod have found a way to keep them closed like they could Jambo, they would have.

So, you have BRV and CCV open at the WL spot. I am betting it has to do with not overcrowding that’s resort either. CR is opening for a deluxe so that is a much bigger property to move deluxe guests too...with the walking to MK, it would help with transportation as well!
Ah ok makes sense. Just wondering what to do about my May 2021 reservations. I also wanted to book AKL for April - but now wondering if I will have to book Poly or CR instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter