Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds way beyond the IT groups capability :P

I know you are partially joking, but I am not sure that it is.

A system performs much better with more smaller sets of data than one big huge set of data. Separating park reservation allotments into categories would improve system functionality and allow more control by Disney.

Bingo! Today we should begin the consolidation of guests. Again, if you don’t want to be charged, flexibility is going to be super super important, even if you’re disappointed with your new resort. Also, plans for POR, POFQ, AKL, WL and the All-Stars are still up in the air and will be determined when they see what demand looks like for beyond September.
Thanks for info. Since we are booked at POFQ and it is not on the list, when and how will we be notified of a change in our resort?

Last edited:
I haven’t seen anything but is there any info or rumors on the water parks opening?

Also, I have the platinum plus AP which I was going to activate in August. Still not sure what I’m going to do. Any suggestions on activating it? I’m torn to just go to my dvc resort and make a resort vacation instead of “wasting “ it with not being able to park hop or use water parks. Or would everyone expect some extension of months on it?
If you're just activating it now, I wouldn't expect any extension beyond the current closure period unless WDW closes again.

Water parks will probably not reopen until some time in 2021 imo.

Personally, if I had an inactivated Platinum AP, I would wait until this nightmare is over before activating it. If you have an upcoming DVC stay, I recommend buying tickets when they become available, and reserving the parks at that point.

Ah ok makes sense. Just wondering what to do about my May 2021 reservations. I also wanted to book AKL for April - but now wondering if I will have to book Poly or CR instead

It is very possible that when they open bookings for 2021, they will take for all. This is based on 2020 right now.

IMO, I would be very surprised if by next year, all are not back open.

I wouldn’t be surprised if WL is the last deluxe to open due to the in-process refurbishment when they got closed. Might decide to finish that before re-opening.

Interesting...
Non DVC Resorts currently being refurbished:
  • All Star Music
  • Art of Animation (almost done)
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • AKL Jambo House
Resorts with announced refurbishments:
  • All Star Sports
🤔

Is there any other verbiage that goes along with this HUB announcement? It’s still very vague to me. It says available “for guest booking”. It doesn’t say opening, guest bookings, guest stays, etc. As usual, ambiguous and oddly worded.

About the ability to reserve park from tomorrow/26/28 June until 26/09/21 in case you have ticket...

Why would they allow on the 24th to upgrade to a package for 2021 If they won`t let you reserve your park straight away?
Would be silly to make a lot of EXTRA people call in this already busy times....

Thanks. Follow up question. they changed the expiration on my 6 day tickets to 9/2021 they now say ”any 6 of the valid dates.” So to me that means I can use a day or 2 and then 3 months later use another couple of days.... essentially turning my 6 day ticket into 6-1 day tickets. When they changed the expirations on these did they also get rid of the “after first use“ expiration?

It sounds that way from the wording on the tickets in MDE. From my 9 day park hopper:
Screenshot_20200621-104822_Disney World.jpg

Booked for Riverside this Sept. disappointed to see that not on the resort list. Won’t be too thrilled if we get moved to CBR. We will see, but if that happens, may just move our trip to 2021.

About the ability to reserve park from tomorrow/26/28 June until 26/09/21 in case you have ticket...

Why would they allow on the 24th to upgrade to a package for 2021 If they won`t let you reserve your park straight away?
Would be silly to make a lot of EXTRA people call in this already busy times....

I think the info given out about only 2020 park reservations initally was for the first few days so not to overload...once the 24th hit, it would be all.

However, it seems more info is coming out, even from TAs, that they will open for all, even Monday. With Disney, it is subject to change and maybe some miracle happened with their IT that makes them believe it won’t crash Monday morning.

I made no plans and expecting it to take hours to get my August dates.

Eek I'm super busy today and no time to back read. It is assumed all mods that aren't opened will be moved to a mod that is open at that time?

Booked for Riverside this Sept. disappointed to see that not on the resort list. Won’t be too thrilled if we get moved to CBR. We will see, but if that happens, may just move our trip to 2021.
Same boat - booked at POFQ - I wonder if we will be told anything tomorrow about being moved, or if Disney is just planning to hold us in limbo for the time being?

Why wouldn't they publicly announce that resort opening info? Seems pretty important for people to know before tomorrow morning when the park reservation system goes live.

I believe they said for people with reservations at resorts that may not be open initially to book their park reservations with their current room, and then when its time to be moved, they’ll do so when the time comes and you’ll already have your park reservations in tact

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter