Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is the right place to post this. I have DVC reservations for April 2021. My AP was due to expire August 17, 2020, so my 60 day renewal window opened yesterday and I was planning to renew. It looks like they extended my expiry date to December 12, 2020 sometime today before the Park Reservation announcement. Now I am being told by MDE tech support (after a two hour wait) that I can't renew my AP until October so my tickets won't cover my April 2021 stay and now I can't make Park Reservations for that stay. Currently on hold for a supervisor but not very hopeful. Any suggestions?
Hey! Twinsies! I was transferred to "ticketing" three times. I am trying for Christmas. I was also just extended and pushed out of my renewal window.
Let me know what they tell you please! So frustrating!

Just read on a FB page that someone had reservations in August at Pop and when they called the CM told them Pop isn't part of the initial reopen and they would have to pay the difference to change to an open resort...FWIW
That’s pretty consistently been the case with date changes. Perhaps we don’t have the whole story here.

Must you be eligible through your workplace to do so? I’m a business owner so no connection there :(
I believe so. I registered years ago and my login info is still good. There is an option to add your company as a business owner but it says they will get back to you in a few days with info, so wouldn’t help in this situation! Maybe you know someone with an affiliation they would be able to make a purchase for you...I know it’s a long shot, just trying to help!

Actually - the report was "correct" and reported by multiple sources and on the local news - it was correct that the governor said that apparently. Scott Gustin pointed out that governor's statement was inaccurate.
States and anyone else that currently adds antibody and positive current case numbers together need to stop doing it. It makes no sense and just adds to confusion like this. Report the numbers separately.

OK so for pre-paid annual passes, we have two options: the extra 30 days, or a 'partial refund.' As of closing day March 16, I was 101 days into a one-year pass. My pressing questions:
  1. If I choose the refund for my pass, will I be refunded a prorated unused portion for the 264 days left, or only for the 117 days they are closed? If I get the 264 day balance, I'll go with that. If I only get 117 days, I'll take my chances with the extra 30 days.
  2. They said they'd give out refund directions 'in July.' Right now I have a cancel-able week at the Swan in Sept, so I'm tempted to reserve my park days on Monday morning like everyone else. However, if I do that, will Disney rescind the offer to provide a refund if I change my mind by the time they provide the refund directions? (In other words I don't want to limit my option to a refund, but I don't want to wait until July to make Sept park reservations either.)
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

My question: I had already opted for the partial refund of 117 days. I intend to renew my pass when it expires in December. I definitely don’t want the remainder of the pass cancelled. I’m hoping the 117 day refund request is not translated by Disney to mean I want the whole thing refunded.

Desperately trying to catch up.

Sorry if this sort of question has been asked previously, I have a DVC booking for next April, and a 14 day ultimate ticket bought directly through Disney (i'm in the UK), I am assuming that is everything I need to make park reservations on Monday (or whenever the window opens, if its rolling). I don't have any emails as of yet, so a little bit unsure.
Sounds right to me. As long as your resort and tickets are linked to your MDE, you should be good.

I believe so. I registered years ago and my login info is still good. There is an option to add your company as a business owner but it says they will get back to you in a few days with info, so wouldn’t help in this situation! Maybe you know someone with an affiliation they would be able to make a purchase for you...I know it’s a long shot, just trying to help!
My MIL has a connection through her work so I do appreciate the idea! Going to ask her about it.

edit: are there tickets available too or just APs?

Last edited:
I hope this is the right place to post this. I have DVC reservations for April 2021. My AP was due to expire August 17, 2020, so my 60 day renewal window opened yesterday and I was planning to renew. It looks like they extended my expiry date to December 12, 2020 sometime today before the Park Reservation announcement. Now I am being told by MDE tech support (after a two hour wait) that I can't renew my AP until October so my tickets won't cover my April 2021 stay and now I can't make Park Reservations for that stay. Currently on hold for a supervisor but not very hopeful. Any suggestions?
Same situation. Curious what they'll say.

That’s pretty consistently been the case with date changes. Perhaps we don’t have the whole story here.
I do think the deluxes will open relatively soon. There are the people at BC/YC who have been moved to Poly (not DVC) at the end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter