Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t read to much into who is and isn’t getting e-mails. The communication was pretty clear that those with resort reservations AND tickets will be first to get a shot at park passes on 6/22. Yet, many on here have reported that they got the e-mail and do not have tickets while many others that do meet the criteria have not received the e-mail.

Disney communications are certainly lacking. What’s sad is that there are so many that don’t follow these boards but do meet the criteria to make park reservations and will likely miss out on the initial window because they do not get the e-mail.
I agree. It seems the email is worthless b/c it seems a lot of ppl got them who don’t qualify. My only concern is that whatever is keeping me from getting these emails will affect my eligibility on Monday.

Its not right to have allowed me to book room only with understanding I could buy tickets separately later. I was locked in at good rate.

Just feels slimy to all of a sudden only allow packages after the fact. Changes like this have NOTHING to do with pandemic.

Hello Farro! I would like to welcome you to the (not-so-very-exclusive) Club of those that will be Paying More For Your Disney Vacation than What You Had Reserved!

Our (not-so-very-exclusive) Club includes those who:
1. Had Free Dining cancelled! Now, with their new room discount, they’ll be paying hundreds more per night once they go to dinner! (Special mention in this category to the Pop Peasants that were booked with FD and had 4 Disney adults in their room)!

2. Booked a resort reservation before the parks opened and had to pay to move their vacation to DVC after the parks reopened! Yeah for the extra few hundred a night for Saratoga Springs!

3. Paid for APS to cover a certain number of trips, and now their plans don’t fit into the reopening extension!

So, welcome!

(All kidding aside, I’m sure Disney will reopen ticket purchases once they get a handle on how many reservations they already have for 2020-2021. If you are sure you do not want to update the reservation to a package, then, just wait).

I’m wondering where this rumor came from. Doesn’t make any sense to lock people into a specific time all the way through 2021. But, I’ve been shocked before at things that have been decided, soooooo....
I read it about 20 - 40 pages back but now I can’t find it. I was hoping it would work more like fast passes, which you can change when another time or attract becomes available.

I thought the AP limit was 14 days if you had a resort stay, is that wrong?
From the email sent to me and I posted earlier.
This seems to say that the entire stay gets reservations without a limit...

All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to three days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay.

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have DVC reservations for April 2021. My AP was due to expire August 17, 2020, so my 60 day renewal window opened yesterday and I was planning to renew. It looks like they extended my expiry date to December 12, 2020 sometime today before the Park Reservation announcement. Now I am being told by MDE tech support (after a two hour wait) that I can't renew my AP until October so my tickets won't cover my April 2021 stay and now I can't make Park Reservations for that stay. Currently on hold for a supervisor but not very hopeful. Any suggestions?

I get that the climate and information is ever-changing, especially today, and Disney Youtubers need to get the information out there “first”, but man, listening to the channels I follow, Fresh Baked, Touring Plans, Dis Unplugged, Provost all have videos from earlier today and much of the information they talk about has either been updated since then, or false to what it is today. I havent watched Pete’s video yet, but David from FB and Len from TP just seemed to want to get an initial video out there. Wish some of these guys would wait until later in the day since with every drop of information we’ve received over the last month, month and a half there has been a trickling effect of clearer information being given out throughout the day

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have DVC reservations for April 2021. My AP was due to expire August 17, 2020, so my 60 day renewal window opened yesterday and I was planning to renew. It looks like they extended my expiry date to December 12, 2020 sometime today before the Park Reservation announcement. Now I am being told by MDE tech support (after a two hour wait) that I can't renew my AP until October so my tickets won't cover my April 2021 stay and now I can't make Park Reservations for that stay. Currently on hold for a supervisor but not very hopeful. Any suggestions?
Hey! Twinsies! I was transferred to "ticketing" three times. I am trying for Christmas. I was also just extended and pushed out of my renewal window.

Just read on a FB page that someone had reservations in August at Pop and when they called the CM told them Pop isn't part of the initial reopen and they would have to pay the difference to change to an open resort...FWIW

I firmly believe that the phone CMs don't know any more about the Pop moving or not moving situation than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter