Crowd Level Early October

Version 6

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys

Looking at booking our second trip to Aulani for next October (4th-7th).

Just curious about what kind of crowds we are likely to face at this time. Our previous trip was in early January, and the crowds were very manageable.

Are crowds at this time (a Tuesday to a Friday) likely to be problematic?

That is the week of Hawaii’s fall break. We were at Aulani during this year’s break and it was crowded on the weekend, less so from Tuesday on. There were A LOT of kids - way more than usual! It wasn’t hard to find pool chairs throughout the day but we’re not picky. Hotel staff mentioned the resort was sold out for most nights that week but they were only operating at a 75% capacity. I personally didn’t find the crowds to be problematic - waits at Ulu Cafe were acceptable, we were able to sign up on the spot for the make your ears activity, and we never waited more than a couple minutes to grab a tube for the lazy river.

If you’re looking for a quieter experience, you might want to try booking the week before.

Thanks for your feedback.

Our options would be either the dates set out above OR, the weekend before (so from Thursday 29th to Sunday 2nd). Which do you think would be better for crowds?

Also, what's it really like at a busy time? What are we looking at for lines for the waterslide for instance?

I would keep the 4th-7th.

I’m horrible at estimating wait times, but I’d guess we waited about 10-15 minutes for the slide? Probably less ... I’m impatient and hate waiting in lines. Our family has been to Aulani every other month since they reopened last Nov. and I feel like the line for the slide is always about the same wait, no matter how busy the resort is. The time of day affects the line more so than the overall resort crowd level. During busier times, you will wait a couple minutes for a tube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter