Criminal Minds -- DIS Official Thread 1 (SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE this show! I'm so excited we have new episodes, I've been DVRing the old ones on A&E. :goodvibes

Is MGG actually on crutches?

Yes:
As for Reid, we learn that he will be on crutches for a while, but is going to be just fine. If anyone notcied, Reid was sitting in most of this episode. Little bit of trivia for you: the storyline of Reid getting shot was a last minute add-in when Matthew Gray Gubler had to have numerous knee surgeries this summer. His most recent one? Last week. So don’t expect to see Reid up and moving for a while, but we know this means he most definitely isn’t down and out.

Also:

I’m especially excited to see what the writer’s do with Shemar Moore’s broken leg he suffered last month when he was hit by a car. We know Derek Morgan is the toughest member of the team so to see him down may be difficult.

I spent a lot of time with my eyes closed last night. It was a little gruesome for me. I can look at mutilated bodies all day but the getting to that point is what I can't watch.

The first thing I thought when I saw Reid on crutches is that in real life he must have broken something or had surgery. It's the same thing when a character in a show gets pregnant.

I thought yesterday's episode was one of the best ones ever. It was gory but we are watching a show about an FBI unit that tracks serial killers so I don't mind the realism.

I was mostly happy that there was no carver angle and Hotch seemed back to normal. I'm sure it will crop up from time to time but I don't want it to overshadow every show.

I spent a lot of time with my eyes closed last night. It was a little gruesome for me. I can look at mutilated bodies all day but the getting to that point is what I can't watch.

Yeah, and they even covered the bodies so we wouldn't have to see much and it was still gruesome. :scared:

Did anyone else think that that pretty black woman that Morgan was interested in looked exactly like the female profiler they brought in to cover for J.J. when she went on maternity leave? I thought it was the same woman at first. :confused3

popcorn:: popcorn:: Does anyone else see the Jaycee Dugard/ Garrido inspired, type storyline tonight? popcorn::

I guess I don't know that story.

Interesting that Morgan is taking Hotch's place.

That's that real life incident in the news a few weeks ago where the girl who was kidnapped at age 11 was found alive, 18 years later, living in the backyard with her rapist/kidnapper and she had two daughters with him. They all lived in his backyard all this time.

I hope Morgan won't be stuck behind a desk now. Although, someone mentioned earlier he was in a real life car accident, so maybe this coincidentally works out, if he is stuck sitting in a chair a lot.

It will be strange to have 2 members of the team hobbling around on crutches. :eek:

That's that real life incident in the news a few weeks ago where the girl who was kidnapped at age 11 was found alive, 18 years later, living in the backyard with her rapist/kidnapper and she had two daughters with him. They all lived in his backyard all this time.

I hope Morgan won't be stuck behind a desk now. Although, someone mentioned earlier he was in a real life car accident, so maybe this coincidentally works out, if he is stuck sitting in a chair a lot.

It will be strange to have 2 members of the team hobbling around on crutches. :eek:
Oh, okay, I know who you are talking about now. I didn't know the names because I don't watch the news a lot. Usually just when I am walking on my treadmill in the morning.

It's amazing how these shows mirror real life, especially the ones that are done before a similar real life story hits the news.

I started watching this show recently because of Shemarrrr aka Derek. :goodvibes Then when I saw "Hodge" on there I really wanted to get into watching it. :happytv: I started watching it on Tues, then it was on Sundays and thats when I saw an episode where Hodge came home and someone was in his apt and I thought he got shot???? :scared1:I so wanted to see what happened next but couldn't find it on TV. So was that a finale and I now missed it. Can anyone fill me in? But now that it sounds like its getting so gory, not sure if I will keep watching. But still want to know what happened on that episode. Thanks

I saw in a magazine recently that Hotch is the same guy that played Greg in Dharma and Greg. I never caught it. He looks so much older on Criminal Minds.

Oh, okay, I know who you are talking about now. I didn't know the names because I don't watch the news a lot. Usually just when I am walking on my treadmill in the morning.

I figured you'd know which case I was talking about when I described it. I don't normally know the names of these insane nutcase stories either. ;)

I started watching this show recently because of Shemarrrr aka Derek. :goodvibes Then when I saw "Hodge" on there I really wanted to get into watching it. :happytv: I started watching it on Tues, then it was on Sundays and thats when I saw an episode where Hodge came home and someone was in his apt and I thought he got shot???? :scared1:I so wanted to see what happened next but couldn't find it on TV. So was that a finale and I now missed it. Can anyone fill me in? But now that it sounds like its getting so gory, not sure if I will keep watching. But still want to know what happened on that episode. Thanks

Yes, that was last season's finale. The start of this thread starts off where that episode left off.

Basically, some serial killer named "The Carver" had stopped killing 10 years ago, so the FBI couldn't track him once he stopped killing.

He started killing again last season. I missed a few episodes, but for some reason he obviously has a thing for Hotch and showed up in the finale in Hotch's room.

This season started out very gruesomely, as we saw him stab Hotch several times :scared1: and possibliy torture him in other ways. You can go back to the beginning of this thread to read our speculation & reactions. :crazy2:

I saw in a magazine recently that Hotch is the same guy that played Greg in Dharma and Greg. I never caught it. He looks so much older on Criminal Minds.

I remember the first time I saw Thomas Gibson (Hotch.) It was on Chicago Hope. He starred in it with Mandy Patinkin, (Agent Gideon in the older Criminal Minds episodes.) They both played doctors on Chicago Hope. Gibson was much younger and his character was a loose wildcard. Very intense and a lot of depth. He was great. You knew this guy had real acting range. :thumbsup2

It really shocked me when he was cast as Greg. :eek: That character was flat & one dimensional. Jenna Elfman (Dharma) got all the credit & popularity from that show. Sure, Gibson made a lot of money off the show, but he never got to showcase his intelligence or acting range.

I'm glad to see him playing a deep, intense, intelligent character again, although Hotch doesn't have much emotional range. It is several levels above playing Greg and he's getting the acting respect he deserves. :thumbsup2

I remember the first time I saw Thomas Gibson (Hotch.) It was on Chicago Hope. He starred in it with Mandy Patinkin, (Agent Gideon in the older Criminal Minds episodes.) They both played doctors on Chicago Hope. Gibson was much younger and his character was a loose wildcard. Very intense and a lot of depth. He was great. You knew this guy had real acting range. :thumbsup2

It really shocked me when he was cast as Greg. :eek: That character was flat & one dimensional. Jenna Elfman (Dharma) got all the credit & popularity from that show. Sure, Gibson made a lot of money off the show, but he never got to showcase his intelligence or acting range.

I'm glad to see him playing a deep, intense, intelligent character again, although Hotch doesn't have much emotional range. It is several levels above playing Greg and he's getting the acting respect he deserves. :thumbsup2
Yeah, I like him and the character he plays. It just seems to age him so much! Just like the job would in real life.

My current favorite is a tie between Garcia (she just sounds like so much fun!) and Reid.

Yes, that was last season's finale. The start of this thread starts off where that episode left off.

Basically, some serial killer named "The Carver" had stopped killing 10 years ago, so the FBI couldn't track him once he stopped killing.

He started killing again last season. I missed a few episodes, but for some reason he obviously has a thing for Hotch and showed up in the finale in Hotch's room.

This season started out very gruesomely, as we saw him stab Hotch several times :scared1: and possibliy torture him in other ways. You can go back to the beginning of this thread to read our speculation & reactions. :crazy2:

Thanks for the update. And very interesting theories on this thread as to what happened on that episode. I remember seeing Thomas Gibson on Dharma and Greg, too. I like him much more on this show. VERY SEXY! :love:That manly serious character. I now see him name as Hotch on the show, so that will be easy to remember as Hotch = Hot. :rolleyes1And I too am watching them on A&E to get caught up.

Anyone watching tonght? The Reaper is back. :scared1: I can't believe they would show a new episode on the biggest travel night of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter