Credit for Mousekeeping Rumor

This is about eliminating employees to save healthcare costs...to boil it down simply.

I'm not commenting on whether that's good or bad...but that has been a primarily focus for 20 years.

Interesting to see how it goes...but my opinion is their payoff amount is of course way too low...but I'd expect nothing more...or less...in this case.

I think its a great idea, but it doesn't go far enough.

They should set the base rates at $100/$200/$300 respective of their resort level (or some will argue there's no levels, just location)

Then, just upcharge for stuff:

AC: $5/per night per 1 degree below 78
Toilet: $1/per #1, $2/per #2
Fridge: $5/per night plugged in
Shower: $5/per 3 min session
Bed: $15/per night of use
Lights: $5/Hour
Talk to resort staff: $5 per occurance
Pool Use: $10 per day
Take picture of resort: $1 per picture

Everyone wins!

They should set the base rates at $100/$200/$300 respective of their resort level (or some will argue there's no levels, just location)

Everyone wins!

...my favorite

Everyone wins!

What about #3? Too many churros and Dole Whips you never know what's gonna happen...

This is what I can see happening: $15 dollar resort fee to cover , ME, pool, wi-fi, busses, housekeeping and whatever else they want to say it covers that is already covered by the room rate. Then they will offer you to give up housekeeping for refund of $15 dollars per night. Now they can say all that stuff that the resort fee supposedly pays for is "Free" and they get to not pay the housekeeper.

This is what I can see happening: $15 dollar resort fee to cover , ME, pool, wi-fi, busses, housekeeping and whatever else they want to say it covers that is already covered by the room rate. Then they will offer you to give up housekeeping for refund of $15 dollars per night. Now they can say all that stuff that the resort fee supposedly pays for is "Free" and they get to not pay the housekeeper.

Only nit pick..

It will be $29.95 resort fee, with a $15 credit for not having cleaning service.

So they get to not pay people, and they get an extra $14.95.

And people will be thrilled.

Only nit pick..

It will be $29.95 resort fee, with a $15 credit for not having cleaning service.

So they get to not pay people, and they get an extra $14.95.

And people will be thrilled.

I love this thoughtline

So they can't do a straight "1 for 1" swap...for two reasons:

1. It makes it too obvious it's just a price increase...and even some dopes paying $281 for port orleans will catch on eventually.
2. It allows the current management to hit their pipe and do what they can't say no to: "generate revenue"

Last edited:
Surely Housekeeping is part of the costs of running a hotel, and therefore, part of what I am paying for? I suppose, if you are happy to get that back as gift cards and not receive it then fine, but, I have questions.
a) will it impact on the longer term use of rooms, higher level of wear and tear, etc (small issues can be easily fixed and housekeeping ensures a level of care for the room) - thus causing longer term price rises?
b) Will it impact negatively on what is generally seen as an acceptable level of housekeeping?
c) Will staff be negatively impacted?
d) What will be the impact on bugs? More in rooms if trash emptied less frequently?

Personally, I love housekeeping on holiday, it's nice to come back to a clean room, made bed. I do try not to leave the room in a mess, but, coming back to it all pristine is part of what I like about not being at home!

Surely Housekeeping is part of the costs of running a hotel, and therefore, part of what I am paying for?

It was before we all went through the looking glass..

It's complicated and goes beyond the park segment...but the priorities and the practices have shifted and I'm afraid will never go back.

Most of the time I stay with DVC, so we already don't have daily housekeeping.

This September, my friend and I are staying at a resort. And we will have it. But I'm not sure why I need it. We are two mature (old) woman who just aren't that dirty. We pick up after ourselves and we have no problem pulling up the covers on our own beds and straightening up our stuff. We could easily have what would be DVC housekeeping coverage and we wouldn't miss the daily visit. If they offer it to us, with some type of credit, I am sure we would jump on it.

Can someone copy/paste for me? Can't see that link at work
It says guests are being given a $20 gift card per day of their stay if they opt out of house keeping. Guests can still request toiletries and towels but they wouldn't get full service cleaning.

It says guests are being given a $20 gift card per day of their stay if they opt out of house keeping. Guests can still request toiletries and towels but they wouldn't get full service cleaning.

But it highlights that they are proposing the "dvc model"...and that is code for labor reduction...which is one of main reasons why we have DVCs all over the place: eliminating labor.

This has been a core goal of disney management since the early 90's and it's the "man behind the curtain" for a lot of what goes on in the day to day decisions.

And it covers why "why don't they build _____ new hotels?" Threads that grow like weeds around DIS...

I've said it before and it's time again: labor is the biggest issue in Orlando, Disney has no desire to be a Hotel operator if they can preserve/grow their profits otherwise, and these things shouldn't be questioned. Outsourcing is a real possibility simply for this. They don't want the people on the books or the guaranteed labor costs...that was the main fallout after the "disney decade".

This proposed policy leads directly back to this...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter