Costco Cancellation Experience?

OnTheRoadAgain

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about booking with Costco. I usually book everything myself separately, but they have a good price for tickets and the Carousel Inn. I can't seem to get a lot of information on their cancellation policy (guess I could call, but I respect DISers experience more).

Do I need the trip insurance if booking only a room with tickets? Is there a penalty when cancelling with travel insurance? Is there a penalty when cancelling without insurance or do you just eat the entire cost?

Thanks.

Zbugz

Thinking about In n Out Burgers and Sunshine
I am thinking about booking with Costco. I usually book everything myself separately, but they have a good price for tickets and the Carousel Inn. I can't seem to get a lot of information on their cancellation policy (guess I could call, but I respect DISers experience more).

Do I need the trip insurance if booking only a room with tickets? Is there a penalty when cancelling with travel insurance? Is there a penalty when cancelling without insurance or do you just eat the entire cost?

Thanks.
With a Costco package you can cancel outside of 30 days with no penalty. I have done this several times without a problem. They say it will take 1 - 2 billing cycles to see the credit on your statement, but in reality it has been only a few days for me. I believe cancellations within 30 days are subject to a $200 fee (plus any airfare change fees, if applicable).

I am not familiar with booking with travel insurance. I personally didn't bother. The chances of me having to cancel in that 30 day window are slim, and it would only be $130ish more if I did have to.

Zbugz

Thinking about In n Out Burgers and Sunshine
Thanks so much! Was the info on the final confirmation page before payment?
If I remember correctly it was in the terms and conditions part that was a separate scroll down area before completing the transaction.

Misskitty3

DIS Veteran
My experience with Costco travel was not for Disney but a Hawaii trip. Three days before we were supposed to travel, my DH came down with shingles. Costco went ABOVE AND BEYOND to help us out! Love them!! Sadly, I cannot say the same about the airline we were booked with.....

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES