Costco Cancellation Experience?

OnTheRoadAgain

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about booking with Costco. I usually book everything myself separately, but they have a good price for tickets and the Carousel Inn. I can't seem to get a lot of information on their cancellation policy (guess I could call, but I respect DISers experience more).

Do I need the trip insurance if booking only a room with tickets? Is there a penalty when cancelling with travel insurance? Is there a penalty when cancelling without insurance or do you just eat the entire cost?

Thanks.

I am thinking about booking with Costco. I usually book everything myself separately, but they have a good price for tickets and the Carousel Inn. I can't seem to get a lot of information on their cancellation policy (guess I could call, but I respect DISers experience more).

Do I need the trip insurance if booking only a room with tickets? Is there a penalty when cancelling with travel insurance? Is there a penalty when cancelling without insurance or do you just eat the entire cost?

Thanks.

With a Costco package you can cancel outside of 30 days with no penalty. I have done this several times without a problem. They say it will take 1 - 2 billing cycles to see the credit on your statement, but in reality it has been only a few days for me. I believe cancellations within 30 days are subject to a $200 fee (plus any airfare change fees, if applicable).

I am not familiar with booking with travel insurance. I personally didn't bother. The chances of me having to cancel in that 30 day window are slim, and it would only be $130ish more if I did have to.

Thanks so much! Was the info on the final confirmation page before payment?

If I remember correctly it was in the terms and conditions part that was a separate scroll down area before completing the transaction.

My experience with Costco travel was not for Disney but a Hawaii trip. Three days before we were supposed to travel, my DH came down with shingles. Costco went ABOVE AND BEYOND to help us out! Love them!! Sadly, I cannot say the same about the airline we were booked with.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter