cost or pushchairs

disneyfan1525

Earning My Ears
hi can any one help am due to travel to disney next september for two weeks with a 1 year old and was woundering if anyone had hired a pushchair and how much did it cost or would it be easier taking our own? thanks

Hi
Info on Disney stroller rental here. http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/StrollerRental.htm
$15/day. or a $2 discount if you buy for lenth of stay.
there are offsite companies that deliver to your hotel but still very expensive.(link within link above)
We took our own when DS was 3, no problems.
Another option is to buy there, Disney sell them for around $40 or even cheaper at Walmart. Cheapest on their site just now is this at $35 http://www.walmart.com/Baby-Trend-Lightweight-Sport-Stroller/ip/10996587 but they usually have a cheap one instore
Last option stroller swap thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1885802

Totally agree with Wayne's suggestion to buy one as they are so cheap. Years ago we went to Toys R us and bought one for $18.99 - I still remember the price as it was so cheap. We just left it at the hotel when we left.

Good luck

Tina

With a 1 yr old I would take one with you. Even if you buy a cheap one here just for the trip. You will want it at the airport both ends and at the hotel.

I took DD (at 9 & 15mths) and it was a lifesaver at the airport to be able to strap her in and know where she was!

We bought a silver cross pop for taking as it reclines nicely so she can nap in it. Its also easy to fold, fairly compact and lightweight for carrying on the buses too.

hi can any one help am due to travel to disney next september for two weeks with a 1 year old and was woundering if anyone had hired a pushchair and how much did it cost or would it be easier taking our own? thanks

Hiring is so expensive. I wouldnt reccomend a cheap stroller for a 1 year old they are not comfy, have little sun protection and often do not recline. Check out ebay for a baby jogger city mini. We have purchaced one for disney. the sun canopy is amazing, it has an incredible folding action, is small enough to go on trams etc easily and is a dream to push! I dont work for them LOL its just I was really impressed. My son will be able to slepp so well in this whilst protected from the sun. You tube has some great videos on showing the potential of the buggy
Claire.

we always take our own, you will be glad of it in the airport - we struggle to keep the kids together and carry the luggage so having the buggy to strap them into is a God send! :goodvibes
If you are staying in a Villa you might want to check whether there is one already there too, as the last few villas we have had there has been a stroller in the garage.

We have always taken our own. Firstly as we have always needed it at the airport and secondly they are comfier for your little one. :goodvibes

We took our own this summer - our daughter was 9 months old - it was no hassle at all and such a godsend in the airports. You give it up at the gate and get it right back at the luggage carousels - ours was not on the actual carousel though - strollers had been left in a pile on the floor - just be aware to check around for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter