• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KatMark, we'll be there at the same time. My trip is a sort of surprise too - and I don't know how to pull it off - maybe you can help!

My cousin will be there with her family that week for her daughter's band trip. My cousin went to WDW with me in 1986 when we were in high school, she hasn't been back since, I go 2, 3 or 4X a year. I half jokingly planned to take my kids that week, but with wrestling they can't get away, so we dropped it. My cousin was so disappointed that we weren't going, she's super stressed about being there & not really knowing anything about WDW.

I booked a 3-nt trip last week to go when they're there, with another one of my Disney pals. I haven't told my cousin, I want to surprise her - but have no idea how! She has a planning meeting tonight at school & she'll get their itinerary which she will give to me. I'm hoping to maybe find out exactly when/where her daughter's band is playing, and just show up - but finding them will be like finding a needle in a haystack. The only person in the family that texts is the daughter - so I won't be able to contact her while she's performing, so I will have no way of knowing exactly where my cousin is watching the parade/band.

They're staying offsite so I can't meet them at their hotel, I'll be relying on Disney transportation. Any suggestions how to surprise them in WDW?

Tara -- When I'm up here in PA, and my brother would go to WDW with his family, I would make him call me from the park just so I could "hear" the sounds and music, etc. and feel like I was "there" with them.

I wonder if you could have your cousin CALL (not text) you while she's waiting after she gets in her spot to watch the band. While you're chatting, casually ask her where she's standing to watch -- suggesting that maybe you could possibly get her to a better viewing spot. (obviously don't let her hear any background noise of where YOU are since you'd be relatively close) Then sigh - and say you wish you were there to see her band perform, etc. and then show up and surprise her a few minutes later!!

Maybe even get a photographer to capture her surprise, or just hand your own camera to someone before you get close enough for her to see you!!

Have fun!!

Oh yeah good idea, I didn't even think to call her! Hopefully she will pick up, you know how loud it can be in WDW. My friend coming along with me will be staged somewhere with my camera to capture it - hopefully!

I have a friend that works in WDW, I was thinking of telling my cousin that my friend wanted to come see the parade with the band, so to keep checking her phone for me to call & get their exact location, so that my friend could meet my cousin.

What Philly 'burb are you in? DH works in Newtown Square.

Hey KatMark, we'll be there at the same time. My trip is a sort of surprise too - and I don't know how to pull it off - maybe you can help!

My cousin will be there with her family that week for her daughter's band trip. My cousin went to WDW with me in 1986 when we were in high school, she hasn't been back since, I go 2, 3 or 4X a year. I half jokingly planned to take my kids that week, but with wrestling they can't get away, so we dropped it. My cousin was so disappointed that we weren't going, she's super stressed about being there & not really knowing anything about WDW.

I booked a 3-nt trip last week to go when they're there, with another one of my Disney pals. I haven't told my cousin, I want to surprise her - but have no idea how! She has a planning meeting tonight at school & she'll get their itinerary which she will give to me. I'm hoping to maybe find out exactly when/where her daughter's band is playing, and just show up - but finding them will be like finding a needle in a haystack. The only person in the family that texts is the daughter - so I won't be able to contact her while she's performing, so I will have no way of knowing exactly where my cousin is watching the parade/band.

They're staying offsite so I can't meet them at their hotel, I'll be relying on Disney transportation. Any suggestions how to surprise them in WDW?

I have to agree with Ilivetogo's suggestion...I think that is your best bet. I hope you are able to surprise them.

Are you there when I am? If so and you see me, please say hello.

What building should I request if I want to be close to the fitness center?

I have to agree with Ilivetogo's suggestion...I think that is your best bet. I hope you are able to surprise them.

Are you there when I am? If so and you see me, please say hello.

I think we overlap - I'm there Tues PM 12/11 - Friday am 12/14. Short & sweet! I won't be at CSR much, we're doing commando style this time since it's so short. We were just there last month & had a relaxing trip, but not this one. Go go go!

I'll have to look at your trip report for pics of you so I can be on the lookout!

I think we overlap - I'm there Tues PM 12/11 - Friday am 12/14. Short & sweet! I won't be at CSR much, we're doing commando style this time since it's so short. We were just there last month & had a relaxing trip, but not this one. Go go go!

I'll have to look at your trip report for pics of you so I can be on the lookout!

Boo....we miss you; we fly home the morning of the 11th.

And I meant to say earlier -- congrats on being a wrestling mom; it's the greatest sport in my opinion. :)

Boo....we miss you; we fly home the morning of the 11th.

And I meant to say earlier -- congrats on being a wrestling mom; it's the greatest sport in my opinion. :)

Ah darn. Well there's always next time! That's my motto anymore - don't stress over missing something - there's always next time!

Are you a wrestling mom too? DS15 has been doing it since age 4 & is wrestling off next week for a spot on the high school team...stress! He wrestles year round, off season too. DS12 has the 75lb spot on the Middle School team by default - he's the only kid on the team under 75lbs! Its going to be a tough year for both of them, one is moving up from MS to HS, the other fom youth to MS. But hey that's just how it goes.

Ah darn. Well there's always next time! That's my motto anymore - don't stress over missing something - there's always next time!

Are you a wrestling mom too? DS15 has been doing it since age 4 & is wrestling off next week for a spot on the high school team...stress! He wrestles year round, off season too. DS12 has the 75lb spot on the Middle School team by default - he's the only kid on the team under 75lbs! Its going to be a tough year for both of them, one is moving up from MS to HS, the other fom youth to MS. But hey that's just how it goes.

Although my son no longer wrestles, I will forever be a wrestling mom. Our youngest wrestled from 4th grade through college; he now coaches a varsity high school team in Dubuque, Iowa, and also runs the kids program. I know the stres you feel...but when they do well, it is awesome. I will try to find my "wrestling mom" prayer and send it to you by PM. I do love the sport and we try and go and watch our son coach whenever we can.

Good luck to both of your kids!

Jan. 17 – Feb. 1, 2013: Dig Site feature pool slide will be closed for refurbishment. The Pool will remain open.

Phew... I get there on Feb 22. I wanna try the slide! lol

longhorns2 said:
Phew... I get there on Feb 22. I wanna try the slide! lol

We just returned (last night!) from our one-week stay at CSR. AMAZING. My son went down the slide at least one billion times. :) It was a blast!!

We just returned (last night!) from our one-week stay at CSR. AMAZING. My son went down the slide at least one billion times. :) It was a blast!!

So glad to hear that you enjoyed it and :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for your son and the slide.

4 more days for us.

KatMark said:
So glad to hear that you enjoyed it and :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for your son and the slide.

4 more days for us.

While you're there can you do me a favor? Call the bounce back number 8844 (I think that's it!) and see if they are offering a bounce back. And if so, can they tell you how long that offer will be available? I'm traveling in feb with hopes of a bounce back in October! Thank you!

We are 12 days from arrival and am curious about what the weather is like...I've been checking accuweather and it is looking like mostly 70s during the day but how chilly is it at night? We are from Michigan so going to florida in december is very foreign to us...just not too sure what to pack :confused3 Any help would be appreciated...starting to get clothes and suitcases out!

While you're there can you do me a favor? Call the bounce back number 8844 (I think that's it!) and see if they are offering a bounce back. And if so, can they tell you how long that offer will be available? I'm traveling in feb with hopes of a bounce back in October! Thank you!

Sure will.

longhorns2 said:

We just got home Wednesday night- we booked a bbo for Coronado Springs( the reason I am now on this thread) but for us- the last day for the bbo was 9-26-13 so we booked it starting on that day to have it go into October. Things might change from resort to resort- or times that are traveled- we stayed at Riverside this time- hopefully this will help you!!

scrap_heaven said:
I would love more info on this? Where can I find out about this?

Find out about the business class? This thread had done details a few pages back. Sorry- on phone and harder to link! Oh wait, it might be on the previous thread.

Basically it's like a club level, but at a moderate. Special club lounge, food, video games for kids, drinks. Opening in January for regular guests who book thus level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter