Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying here in August and was just wondering if anyone has used Garden Grocers and if they incurred a delivery charge?
I've read that if it gets sent to the business section you incur a charge but if it gets sent to the operations desk you don't. GG have said that they don't use a delivery shipper (FEDEX,UPS etc) and that they deliver themselves..I just don't know which part they would deliver to.
So if anyone has used them, did you get charged? Thanka

I'm staying here in August and was just wondering if anyone has used Garden Grocers and if they incurred a delivery charge?
I've read that if it gets sent to the business section you incur a charge but if it gets sent to the operations desk you don't. GG have said that they don't use a delivery shipper (FEDEX,UPS etc) and that they deliver themselves..I just don't know which part they would deliver to.
So if anyone has used them, did you get charged? Thanka

My experience in November --
We got there and I asked at check in where to get my grocer delivery. He was totally confused and referred me to the business center. I panicked about having to pay a fee, and they were closing in five minutes. So we ran there, and they said there was NO way the delivery would go there as they have no fridge. So we went back to the front desk and told to check with the desk just off the entry. I can't remember it's official title. (Remembered -- Bell services) But our GG delivery was there. NO charge to get it. And they offered to take it and us and our bags to our room via a golf cart. That was totally worth tipping since we had ordered a lot of water and pop and that walk would have been long.

My experience in November -- We got there and I asked at check in where to get my grocer delivery. He was totally confused and referred me to the business center. I panicked about having to pay a fee, and they were closing in five minutes. So we ran there, and they said there was NO way the delivery would go there as they have no fridge. So we went back to the front desk and told to check with the desk just off the entry. I can't remember it's official title. (Remembered -- Bell services) But our GG delivery was there. NO charge to get it. And they offered to take it and us and our bags to our room via a golf cart. That was totally worth tipping since we had ordered a lot of water and pop and that walk would have been long.

Brilliant! Thanks for replying :)

Good Morning! My Mom is determined to surprise my boys (twins who will almost be 13 when we go in November) with this trip. Like, the day of. We pulled it off for their 7th birthday, but now I'm not so sure we can do it. DH is staying home this trip.
Anyway... I think I can surprise them with Coconino Cove. Do you need your key/MB to enter? Just thinking we can walk by it and they'll start with "we wish we could go in there!" Then I can say, we'll try it!
Before I booked at CS I was asking the kids what their ideal hotel would be (we've stayed at Pop, ASMov, ASMus, BC Club Level, Contemporary, Caribbean Beach, SAratoga Springs, and AofA (std and suites). They said "some place different with that "free food room" and a pool slide. I know it's not as much stuff as BC Club Level, but it's enough for them! We are RD people so it will help with the mornings for sure.

Been lurking for a while... Leaving a week from tomorrow for 7 days at CSR! Super excited to be so close to go time :)
Can anyone confirm if there are lines for hanging wet clothes in the bathrooms?

I read it somewhere in the early stage of planning and can't remember if CSR was the resort or not. TIA! And thanks to all who contribute - it has been a huge help in planning.

Been lurking for a while... Leaving a week from tomorrow for 7 days at CSR! Super excited to be so close to go time :) Can anyone confirm if there are lines for hanging wet clothes in the bathrooms? I read it somewhere in the early stage of planning and can't remember if CSR was the resort or not. TIA! And thanks to all who contribute - it has been a huge help in planning.

Just checked in today and yes there at lines in the bathroom! Have fun!!!

Thanks a bunch! Enjoy your stay!!!

Thanks! We stayed here in 2001 and it was just OK. The remodel is beautiful, the rooms are very nice, I love the dark wood. The bathroom doors are super helpful, but my one tip would be that there needs to be some sort of latch? They don't stay together very well when you close them. Even though these are doors, I feel like the Port Orleans curtains were more private. So far no issues with transportation. I do miss the boat to Downtown Disney.

We did get some Pixie Dust yesterday..... For the first time ever....EVER.... our rooms were ready at check-in! YAY!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:
We arrived about 1115AM and when we checked in all 3 of our rooms were ready. First time we've been able to go to the rooms and relax for a bit first! I told my DH that this was God's way of making up for not having a boat to take us to Puck Express.....

Good Morning! My Mom is determined to surprise my boys (twins who will almost be 13 when we go in November) with this trip. Like, the day of. We pulled it off for their 7th birthday, but now I'm not so sure we can do it. DH is staying home this trip.
Anyway... I think I can surprise them with Coconino Cove. Do you need your key/MB to enter? Just thinking we can walk by it and they'll start with "we wish we could go in there!" Then I can say, we'll try it!
Before I booked at CS I was asking the kids what their ideal hotel would be (we've stayed at Pop, ASMov, ASMus, BC Club Level, Contemporary, Caribbean Beach, SAratoga Springs, and AofA (std and suites). They said "some place different with that "free food room" and a pool slide. I know it's not as much stuff as BC Club Level, but it's enough for them! We are RD people so it will help with the mornings for sure.

Yes it is accessed with your Magic Band. Only guests with a Business Class room will have access.

My mom surprised my daughter with a trip to WDW in May for her 10th Birthday! We are going to be staying at CS :) and so excited - I just actually called and set up magical express for my daughter and I as we will fly in separate from my mom... :) so excited to try this resort it will be a girls only trip and though we will miss hubby a ton it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity :) thanks for all the info love reading it

I just wanna be sure that the athletic center gym is available for all guests who stay here? We stayed here 6 years ago but never even looked at the fitness center. I only ask because I know CS is a place where a lot of convention people stay at so just making sure it's not an extra cost to use? Thanks.

I just wanna be sure that the athletic center gym is available for all guests who stay here? We stayed here 6 years ago but never even looked at the fitness center. I only ask because I know CS is a place where a lot of convention people stay at so just making sure it's not an extra cost to use? Thanks.

It is! My DH and DD have used it all week!!

It is! My DH and DD have used it all week!!

Yes and it's actually fairly decent for a hotel fitness center. Accessible 24 hours with your Magic Band. After the attendants leave you have to use the parking lot side entrance with your Magic Band.

I just wanted to say thanks for the information on this thread. At the last minute before our cruise, we booked a one night stay for after our cruise.

Though I am not sure I will ever stay at CS again, the information here, especially about the buses, was very useful. I am so glad I read about how the buses picked up.

Now the CMs at the front desk well, that is just a whole other matter.

So excited as I just booked our 30th anniversary trip for my husband, myself, DS26, his girlfriend, DS25 and DS16 for Thanksgiving of this year. I've been reading up on CSR and the business class section which is what I booked. :cool1: This will be our first visit to CSR as we have stayed most recently at Pop. While we have stayed at the BC needing two rooms wasn't IN the budget. :) I'm thinking while we shouldn't experience a lot of conventions during this time frame it will be crazy due to Thanksgiving. We'll be arriving the 25th Tuesday and checking out Sunday the 30th. I'm hoping that I can book a few days after so my husband and I can have a few quiet days when the kids leave. Maybe then we'll splurged on a deluxe. ;)

Just booked Feb 12-15th! This will be our first time not staying business class (decided to do DDP instead) so I'm hoping we will get a good building..requesting Cabanas!

I just wanted to say thanks for the information on this thread. At the last minute before our cruise, we booked a one night stay for after our cruise.

Though I am not sure I will ever stay at CS again, the information here, especially about the buses, was very useful. I am so glad I read about how the buses picked up.

Now the CMs at the front desk well, that is just a whole other matter.

In 3 stays at CSR totaling 34 nights we have had nothing but outstanding service from the front desk staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter