Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! First post here! Also long time lurker. Also a veteran DL'er but will be heading to the world for the first time this May! My DBF and I scored a killer deal on a five night stay at CSR through Orbitz, but I realized later that a Standard is two queens, not a king like most hotels I've stayed at. Then i realized a king is a crazy upgrade price based on the website! I would really like a king because this is our two year anniversary trip and would like a more romantic feel to it, if not we can deal with a queen because we sleep in one at home lol. But is there a way we could request or get upgraded upon check in? If not, its okay, but I'm just wondering. Will also check in early, so I don't want to have too many requests considering we paid way less than rack rates. Thank you! :upsidedow

Hello! First post here! Also long time lurker. Also a veteran DL'er but will be heading to the world for the first time this May! My DBF and I scored a killer deal on a five night stay at CSR through Orbitz, but I realized later that a Standard is two queens, not a king like most hotels I've stayed at. Then i realized a king is a crazy upgrade price based on the website! I would really like a king because this is our two year anniversary trip and would like a more romantic feel to it, if not we can deal with a queen because we sleep in one at home lol. But is there a way we could request or get upgraded upon check in? If not, its okay, but I'm just wondering. Will also check in early, so I don't want to have too many requests considering we paid way less than rack rates. Thank you! :upsidedow

We have gotten upgrades here but we did not ask, we just got lucky. We have been upgrades to a preferred room and a lake view room. We have also been upgraded at other resorts too. You never know what may happen or whether to ask or not. We do ask for upgrades consistently when traveling and using chain hotels and have a fairly good rate of success. I might consider telling them it is your anniversary and you would love a king room if one is available at the same rate. Could not hurt to try.

I agree....At check in, ask politely if there would be any way that you could get a king size bed? We have 2 rooms reserved in May and I would love to get a king for DH and me! Good luck to you! pixiedust:

Awww Thank you for all the replies! I have a few more questions because I'm totally clueless and a worry wart! How would I go about notifying them its our anniversary trip? (Anniversary is technically five days before) and should I ask about upgrade early and call or wait until check in? Thank you again! :goodvibes

We're in very similar situations! We booked thru cheaptickets (owned by Orbitz), we're celebrating our anniversary and we plan on requesting a king. My plan is to let them know at check in that it's our anniversary, and politely ask if it's possible to get a king. If they don't have anniversary buttons, we'll just grab them at any of the parks at guest relations! I know they probably won't give us a king, and if I really thought my trip would be better with one, I'd pay the extra to book it, but there's no harm in asking!!! :goodvibes

I posted on this thread a question about the business class at CSR and haven't got any replies. Of course, I'm not a patient person either. :) We're needing 2 rooms as we're a family of six. We'll be celebrating our 30th anniversary. :) We are going during Thanksgiving week due to our youngest still being in high school. Anyone have thoughts on business class, crowds, and I guessing that we won't be dealing with conventions. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!! :)

I posted on this thread a question about the business class at CSR and haven't got any replies. Of course, I'm not a patient person either. :) We're needing 2 rooms as we're a family of six. We'll be celebrating our 30th anniversary. :) We are going during Thanksgiving week due to our youngest still being in high school. Anyone have thoughts on business class, crowds, and I guessing that we won't be dealing with conventions. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!! :)

I posted here about a month ago our thoughts if you'd like to check it out at post #3128 on this thread. Hope this helps :)

Thank you very much for your reply Hunclemarco. My concern is the bus situation during a busy week especially. Decisions decisions!!!

We stayed at CSR for the first time in December. We reserved a Standard room, and were lucky to get upgraded to a Junior Suite when we checked in!

A couple of days before, I faxed a nice letter to the hotel telling them that we were excited to be staying on property, and that we were celebrating my 50th birthday. I wanted to request a building near the main area of the hotel, so I put that request in but we did not specifically request an upgrade of any type.

I found a lot of helpful info at Buzz's Unofficial Coronado Springs Resort Website.

Pixie dust to you!

We stayed at CSR for the first time in December. We reserved a Standard room, and were lucky to get upgraded to a Junior Suite when we checked in!

A couple of days before, I faxed a nice letter to the hotel telling them that we were excited to be staying on property, and that we were celebrating my 50th birthday. I wanted to request a building near the main area of the hotel, so I put that request in but we did not specifically request an upgrade of any type.

I found a lot of helpful info at Buzz's Unofficial Coronado Springs Resort Website.

Pixie dust to you!

Wow, what a nice surprise! Did you get the fax number from Buzz's website?

Another king bed question, while we're on the topic...

Hi! :wave2: I'm normally a POR girl, but I'm super excited to stay at CSR March 18-22. We're staying at CSR because we're meeting our friends and their DDs down there, and that's the resort they picked. This thread has made me really excited about it! My question is this: we'd like to get connecting rooms if possible. Right now, we're booked in two standard rooms, but I REALLY want to change DH's and my room to a king (realizing, of course, that the price will be higher). So my question is this: anyone know if there are king rooms that connect to a regular 2-queen room? If not, we'll deal with the queens, but I'm crossing my fingers that someone can help me answer this once and for all. TIA!

Pixie dust to you!

Oh my goodness! I guess I'll have to give that a shot! Thank you! Did you handwrite it or type? (Gosh, I am SO type A! haha) What a wonderful pixie dust story. :)

Hi, I was wondering about the bathroom sliding doors & how well they quiet down noise from the bathroom.

I am in early stages of planning a trip with my wife & son (he'll be 2 at the time of trip).

Obviously, we'll be heading back to the room for naps with him and he'll generally sleep more than my wife & I do. So, I am wondering if my wife or I wanted to make use of "the facilities", to what extent will the noise from the toilet/sink/shower be blocked by the doors?

TIA

Well, they are nice heavy doors, but you'll still be able to hear some of the noise coming from the vanity area. There is a regular door to the shower and toilet, so if you plan on a shower, and close both the bathroom door and the wooden door, you'll be good. Whenever anyone has a concern about noise at a resort, I always suggest a white noise ap. Before we all got smart phones, I always took a portable white noise machine to drown out my neighbors coming back really late, people at the pool or kiddos having a lot of fun next door. It makes a huge difference for us!!! :goodvibes

Well, they are nice heavy doors, but you'll still be able to hear some of the noise coming from the vanity area. There is a regular door to the shower and toilet, so if you plan on a shower, and close both the bathroom door and the wooden door, you'll be good. Whenever anyone has a concern about noise at a resort, I always suggest a white noise ap. Before we all got smart phones, I always took a portable white noise machine to drown out my neighbors coming back really late, people at the pool or kiddos having a lot of fun next door. It makes a huge difference for us!!! :goodvibes

Thanks. Now I just have to weigh whether the door in the room is more important than the smaller grounds at POFQ

Thanks. Now I just have to weigh whether the door in the room is more important than the smaller grounds at POFQ

Well, I love CSR, and have our 5th stay coming up in August, but it is a large resort. We stayed at POFQ last January and we loved the close proximity to everything, and the boat to DTD. We also loved walking over to POR to see Bob Jackson perform! He's so much fun!!! Both resorts are really nice, it just depends on what works best for you. Have a wonderful time! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter