Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathy, good luck to you and Mark tomorrow, you guys are in my prayers, I'll be logging in for Nicki's updates!:grouphug::flower3:

Does anyone know if the beds are bolted to the walls? During our first stay at the CBR the beds could move and we pushed it against the wall so my son didn't fall out. Those toddler bed rails just don't work for him and even at his age he still can fall out of bed! He's a mover. Last three trips we just pushed chairs along the bed and he even kicked those away. Didn't fall because it woke me up. (Light sleeper!). It doesn't look like there are two chairs in the rooms at CSR. Can anyone answer the bed question or know if there are two chairs? We might have to ask for extra pillows incase he falls to the floor!

Prayers for a safe and successful surgery for Mark!:hug:

Thank you, friend. I've missed you...haven't seen you around inh awhile.

Officially starting a new job on the 26th...gave the new boss the vaca dates and hopefully all will work out as planned...really looking forward to CSR and with a new position to come home to it will make the trip all the better!

Congratulations on the new job! I hope it all works out with the dates for you too.

First off, I am praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! Thanks so much for this thread and for sharing your vast CSR knowledge with the rest of us!!!

I just requested building 4 in the Casitas. The CM told me that most people request buildings 8 or 9 in the Cabanas. Please reassure me that I'm not making a mistake and putting us in the wrong place!
Here's my logic...
We have no plans to eat at the food court, although DH will probably head over there to fill our mugs for us in the mornings while the girls and I are getting ready. I want to be as close to the bus stop as possible for those early morning EMH and late nights. I don't even mind a parking lot view, as maybe we can see when a bus is coming and then rush to catch it at El Centro if that's even possible (just looking for the silver lining here ;).) We have 2 kiddos but only have 1 planned visit to the big pool/play area. When we were looking at the pics, DD8 said "I want to lay in one of those hammocks and stay THERE!" when she saw this pic:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/TinkMePicture7.jpg
So, am I messing this up or does it make sense for what's important to us? TIA

Castias 4 (and 5) are our favorites. It takes me (age 52) five minutes to walk to El Centro from there and about eight minutes to the main pool. Casitas w4 is right by the quiet pool; there is a hammock outside Casitas 5. The picture you have the link for is, if memory serves me correctly, is the fountain in Casitas 2 or 3. There is a fountain in all of the Casitas sections.l

Kathy, good luck to you and Mark tomorrow, you guys are in my prayers, I'll be logging in for Nicki's updates!:grouphug::flower3:

Thanks again, Amy.

Does anyone know if the beds are bolted to the walls? During our first stay at the CBR the beds could move and we pushed it against the wall so my son didn't fall out. Those toddler bed rails just don't work for him and even at his age he still can fall out of bed! He's a mover. Last three trips we just pushed chairs along the bed and he even kicked those away. Didn't fall because it woke me up. (Light sleeper!). It doesn't look like there are two chairs in the rooms at CSR. Can anyone answer the bed question or know if there are two chairs? We might have to ask for extra pillows incase he falls to the floor!

I'm not really sure if the beds move or not. There is only one desk chair. However, there are two leather ottomans in each room.

I just requested building 4 in the Casitas. The CM told me that most people request buildings 8 or 9 in the Cabanas. Please reassure me that I'm not making a mistake and putting us in the wrong place!

Here's my logic...
We have no plans to eat at the food court, although DH will probably head over there to fill our mugs for us in the mornings while the girls and I are getting ready. I want to be as close to the bus stop as possible for those early morning EMH and late nights. I don't even mind a parking lot view, as maybe we can see when a bus is coming and then rush to catch it at El Centro if that's even possible (just looking for the silver lining here ;).) We have 2 kiddos but only have 1 planned visit to the big pool/play area. When we were looking at the pics, DD8 said "I want to lay in one of those hammocks and stay THERE!" when she saw this pic:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/TinkMePicture7.jpg

So, am I messing this up or does it make sense for what's important to us? TIA

I say stick to what you want! If that location meets all your needs, stay with it.

Our family requested Cabanas 8 because we would prefer to be closer to the pool with the kids. I think we would use the pool a lot. Plus we plan on eating breakfast at PM.

we are booked for Nov. 28th to Dec. 5th.

We can't wait, this is our first time at CSR (Have stayed at WL(and loved it), but FD has made this trip affordable) the pictures look beautiful I hope we love this too.

I'll be praying for Mark today at 12:30 for a successful surgery and quick recovery. I'll be praying for you too Kathy...I know how nerve wracking it can be!

Katmark, good luck to your husband on his surgery today. Hope it is a success and a quick and speedy recovery.

I had a question for those of you that have stayed before and made a room request. Have you most often been able to get in the area you requested? I am requesting Casitas 3 for our trip and wasn't sure how likely it would be that we actually got it. If they put us in Ranchos for example, would it be rude to ask to be switched to Casitas or Cabanas since we won't be at the Dig Site pool (no kids so we will probably just go see it once)?

Thanks, we are looking at some cost cutting for our trip now. Maybe driving and going with free QS at a value and cutting a night or 2 off the stay, don't want to give up on this trip just yet! Appreciate all the help and advice you gave!
Still praying over the surgery.

we are booked for Nov. 28th to Dec. 5th.

We can't wait, this is our first time at CSR (Have stayed at WL(and loved it), but FD has made this trip affordable) the pictures look beautiful I hope we love this too.

We are going to be there at the same time!! I plan on booking either today or tomorrow. We will be there from Nov 27 - Dec 5th. Which area are you staying in? I am going to request for the Cabanas. I like the beachy feel. Any suggestion on which building? I think being closer to the bus stop and/or pool is better with my 4 year old and baby. Not sure how often we will be eating at the PM or Maya grill.

I had a question for those of you that have stayed before and made a room request. Have you most often been able to get in the area you requested? I am requesting Casitas 3 for our trip and wasn't sure how likely it would be that we actually got it. If they put us in Ranchos for example, would it be rude to ask to be switched to Casitas or Cabanas since we won't be at the Dig Site pool (no kids so we will probably just go see it once)?

That's totally fine. On our last trip, I requested cabanas. We were placed in Casita 2, which hadn't been refurbed at that time and which is pretty far from the Dig Site. I asked if we could have a room in the cabanas section instead, or a renovated room close to the Dig Site, and they moved us to Cabana 9A. If they have availability, they have no problem switching the room. I think they either didn't see our request or didn't have one available when rooms were assigned, but they were able to find the perfect spot for us. :goodvibes

For those of you not following my PTR where Nicki, my very best friend here on the DIS, has been updating on Mark's surgery, here is what I posted just a few minutes ago:

To all of you that have continued to send your prayers and thoughts and love--Mark and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

I am finally home for the night (I did sneak home while Mark was in recovery to let out the dog but didn't go on the computer). The good news is the surgery went well. He's "achy" and his throat is raspy and he can't swallow...but that is to be expected. His bones are strong and he will only have to wear the collar while out of the house ... for about six weeks. I was getting a little panicky because it was only supposed to take 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours. We went to the cardiologist early this morning and he gave us some "not so good news." And, the longer the surgery took, the more I started to panic (it doesn't help that it was the same hospital my dad died in).

The not so good news is that Mark will have to go in for angioplasty and a stent put in. His front artery is not getting sufficient blood because of a blockage. The doctor said it is not major, but it needs to be done. He already has one stent from his heart attack ten years ago.

I'm going back to the hospital around 10 a.m. and promise I will update again tomorrow.

Thanks again to all of you -- I love my DIS friends. :hug:

We are going to be there at the same time!! I plan on booking either today or tomorrow. We will be there from Nov 27 - Dec 5th. Which area are you staying in? I am going to request for the Cabanas. I like the beachy feel. Any suggestion on which building? I think being closer to the bus stop and/or pool is better with my 4 year old and baby. Not sure how often we will be eating at the PM or Maya grill.

We put in for cabana's as well, hope to get 9B or 8A for the same reasons, close to bus and pool. We have a 6, 4 and 2 year old so it will make it alot easier on us. Haven't got Maya Grill on our reservation list (heard mixed reviews) will probably give the PM a try though.

I'm glad Mark came through the surgery well, Kathy. Hope you both got some rest last night. Still sending prayers your way for his speedy recovery and for your strength in caring for him. :hug:

Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter