Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you can get connecting rooms where both rooms have 2 queen beds? I know this request is not a guarantee, I just just curious if connecting rooms were always one room with king/one room with 2 queens. TIA!:goodvibes

I am wondering this too. It never even occurred to me that there wouldn't be two queens connecting (for the most part). We have always gotten 2dbl/2queens when we connected before. Does anyone know for certain? THANKS!!!!

Good luck Amy&Dan!!!:cheer2:

Thank you, thank you!

I got it!!!!:woohoo:

I set the alarm for 5:00 and called around 6:00 (fell back asleep lol) and got right through and they did have the water view room on free dining. I absolutely cannot wait! I have tried the last two trips to get into CSR and it finally worked out.

This just shows me yet again, keep calling, stuff does open up.:)

Thank you, thank you!

I set the alarm for 5:00 and called around 6:00 (fell back asleep lol) and got right through and they did have the water view room on free dining. I absolutely cannot wait! I have tried the last two trips to get into CSR and it finally worked out.

WAY TO GO, AMY! So happy for you. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

WAY TO GO, AMY! So happy for you. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Kathy, it was a long and winding road!:rotfl:

You sent me good Karma this week, Dan also got a new job and starts tomorrow! And all he can think about is all the food he's going to pig out on at CSR!

You know I am thinking about you and sending you good Karma too for Mark's surgery. Just one more day until this is behind you guys.:hug:

Two questions:

1. Does every building have King Rooms?

2. Is Cafe Rix Located in El Centro?

ps. Looking forward to the poll for the September Dis Meet!

I know that each section has king rooms; my guess is that every building would have them (but not a lot of them).

I will be posting the poll sometime in the next couple of weeks.

We just returned from coronado and as we remember its beautiful,it speaks for itself. corky went out of her way to get us a room as we checked in 2 days early and at 4 AM.thank you AGAIN. We noticed many "cutbacks"on a few things from years ago like smaller mugs,smaller portions at the pepper market even lower quality of food then years before. roomservice has no cheeseburger or hot dog.fries at the market are horrible
Petty things but they are missing.and small refill mugs.the pepper market is a key part at coronado and they need to bring back the magic it had.

but just look at this picture from our room. ...nothing more to say.

coronado.jpg

Thanks for the beautiful picture...it is stunning. Unfortuantely, the PM has cut back on items available. I still think they are leaning towards changing this to a buffet at some point.

Does anyone know if you can get connecting rooms where both rooms have 2 queen beds? I know this request is not a guarantee, I just just curious if connecting rooms were always one room with king/one room with 2 queens. TIA!:goodvibes

Oh, and we officially switched resorts and are now staying at CSR! I have been looking at pictures all day and getting pretty excited for it. :woohoo:

I know that there are NO connecting rooms with a king bed in each room; my guess is that there are connecting rooms with both rooms having the two queen bes. I'm so glad you are giving CSR a try. :)

Same thing was happening to me yesterday...no availability for my dates...then today, they were available! :yay:

So, I called today and we have our reservation 'on hold' for a week. I can't wait...I'm calling back tomorrow to put the deposit down so that it will be official! :dance3:

Good luck...I'm sure you'll get it!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I will be back August 3rd for a birthday trip, first time ever at the World - and my beloved CSR - for my birthday! Yay!:cloud9:

Have a great birthday at the CSR, Daisy. :hug:

Okay, friends. I may not be able to post tomorrow or Thursday. Mark is having his back surgery on Wednesday (around 12:30) and will spend at least the night in the hospital and hoping to bring him home Thursday morning. I will hope to be back on Thursday night or Friday at the latest. But as we all know, there are lots of great people here on this thread who can help in my absence.

Okay, friends. I may not be able to post tomorrow or Thursday. Mark is having his back surgery on Wednesday (around 12:30) and will spend at least the night in the hospital and hoping to bring him home Thursday morning. I will hope to be back on Thursday night or Friday at the latest. But as we all know, there are lots of great people here on this thread who can help in my absence.

We are all saying prayers here for you! :hug: Hope everything goes well and Mark has a very speedy recovery! pixiedust:

Thank you, thank you!

Congrats! :banana: Have a wonderful time!

Best of Luck to you and Mark on a smooth surgery and quick recovery! Keep us posted and thanks for all your passion you share for CSR!:goodvibes

Ok so I haven't read the entire thread but do have a few questions. We are staying at CSR Sept 5-12....there are 6 of us traveling, 4 adults and 2 kids (5 & 1)...the last time I was at CSR it was just me and my BFF so it was easy but this is our first time with kids so we have questions.

1. We would like to stay in Casitas 3 - Both of us have put on our reservations (we have seperate reservations but they are linked in the system or so they said) - is it necessary to send a fax as well? If so, what's the fax number? We are really looking for Casitas 3, upper floor, joining rooms. BTW, we just booked standard rooms.

2. I need to send a package with diapers, baby food, etc ahead of time because I refuse to pack it. How do I go about doing that? Will I have to pay a "service fee" at the resort since it's a convention resort?

3. Does CSR have bed-rails avialable? When should I request those? Now or when I check in?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you, thank you!

So glad it worked out for you! I knew it would! :yay:

Good karma was on your side!

Have a blast!

I hope all goes well with the surgery!

Ok so I haven't read the entire thread but do have a few questions. We are staying at CSR Sept 5-12....there are 6 of us traveling, 4 adults and 2 kids (5 & 1)...the last time I was at CSR it was just me and my BFF so it was easy but this is our first time with kids so we have questions.

1. We would like to stay in Casitas 3 - Both of us have put on our reservations (we have seperate reservations but they are linked in the system or so they said) - is it necessary to send a fax as well? If so, what's the fax number? We are really looking for Casitas 3, upper floor, joining rooms. BTW, we just booked standard rooms.

2. I need to send a package with diapers, baby food, etc ahead of time because I refuse to pack it. How do I go about doing that? Will I have to pay a "service fee" at the resort since it's a convention resort?
3. Does CSR have bed-rails avialable? When should I request those? Now or when I check in?

Thanks in advance!

I can't answer your specific question about a holding fee, but have you considered ordering everything through www.gardengrocer.com? You could order all of your baby supplies plus other items that can come in handy such as bottled waters, snacks, etc. Garden Grocery has always provided us with excellent service.

Oh wow! I'm wishing Mark a speedy recovery!!! :flower3:

We are all saying prayers here for you! :hug: Hope everything goes well and Mark has a very speedy recovery! pixiedust:

Thank you. :)

Best of Luck to you and Mark on a smooth surgery and quick recovery! Keep us posted and thanks for all your passion you share for CSR!:goodvibes

Thanks for the good wishes. It is easy to be passionate about CSR as much as we love it.

I hope all goes well with the surgery!

Thank you. :hug:

Oh wow! I'm wishing Mark a speedy recovery!!! :flower3:

Thanks, DaniB!

I will be having a good friend here from the DIS posting an update after Mark's surgery tomorrow on my PTR (which is linked in my signature).

Prayers for a safe and successful surgery for Mark!:hug:

Officially starting a new job on the 26th...gave the new boss the vaca dates and hopefully all will work out as planned...really looking forward to CSR and with a new position to come home to it will make the trip all the better!

Thanks in advance!

I have shipped to resorts before and suprised not many people do this,It makes for a much better flight,more so with kids in strollers.
ship it to the resort and the business center will hold it. UPS ... 2nd day air worked out nice for us many times write "hold for arrivel date and name" on the sides of the box with a sharpie marker and the front desk will have it sent to your room. ...love disney staff,they make it very nice to do things like this,there the best. !

First off, I am praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! Thanks so much for this thread and for sharing your vast CSR knowledge with the rest of us!!!

First off, I am praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! Thanks so much for this thread and for sharing your vast CSR knowledge with the rest of us!!!

I just requested building 4 in the Casitas. The CM told me that most people request buildings 8 or 9 in the Cabanas. Please reassure me that I'm not making a mistake and putting us in the wrong place!
Here's my logic...
We have no plans to eat at the food court, although DH will probably head over there to fill our mugs for us in the mornings while the girls and I are getting ready. I want to be as close to the bus stop as possible for those early morning EMH and late nights. I don't even mind a parking lot view, as maybe we can see when a bus is coming and then rush to catch it at El Centro if that's even possible (just looking for the silver lining here ;).) We have 2 kiddos but only have 1 planned visit to the big pool/play area. When we were looking at the pics, DD8 said "I want to lay in one of those hammocks and stay THERE!" when she saw this pic:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/TinkMePicture7.jpg
So, am I messing this up or does it make sense for what's important to us? TIA

You picked a beautiful resort,Its big,I would use the resort map for a area you want to request a room for your stay. (pool or lobby area) also there are quiet pools in areas of the resort as a option to the "dig site" ...resorts beautiful ...and big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter