Cookies from cake mixes?

PoohBearLovinMama

DIS Veteran
Since the search function isn't working :rolleyes: I have to start a new thread about this. So I was going to make some cookies today and I can't quite remember what the exact measurments are. Is it?

1 box cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup of oil
bake at 350 for 7 or 8 mins

TIA!

so here's the original poster's thread..
Cookies from cake mixes! Super Easy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is holiday time!!! These recipes are sooo yummy & easy to do. It is only limited by your imagination of variations to combine.

1 pkg dry cake mix (any flavor, any brand!)
2 eggs
1/2 cup of oil

Mix these ingredients together (INSTEAD of the usual ingredients listed on the box for making a cake.) You will get a very stiff mix instead of batter. This is right.

Roll into balls, flatten slightly onto greased cookie sheets.
OR: Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 for 7 to 10 minutes.

Yellow cake mix cookies are easy to frost and decorate. :D

TIP: The moister type cake mixes (the ones with the pouches or pudding) tend to have big "rocks" in them lol. Two things I have learned along the way...put the cake mix through a sifter, just like flour, (but not absolutely necessary,) and if you are using chips, like chocolate or butterscotch, etc., it is much easier to get an even dispersion of chips through the mix if you put the chips in the bowl first. Same applies for nuts or any other additive. The mix dusts the chips and disperses them better.

TIP: when storing them, or any cookies, even hard store bought ones...put a slice of bread in the air tight container and it will keep the cookies soft, or make the hard cookies soft.

OPTIONAL CREATIVE VARIATIONS: (I got from others online )

Double Chocolate cake mix with white chocolate chips (or M & Ms.)

Yellow cake mix cookies with a 1/2 bag of Heath Brickle (toffee) Bites, or Butterfingers, they are SO good!!!

Red Velvet cake mix with cream cheese frosting

Orange cake mix and chocolate frosting

Lemon cake mix with some chopped walnuts

Spice cake mix with diced apple in it

If you really want to impress someone, use chocolate cake mix, and roll the balls in powdered sugar. When you flatten them, they get a cracked look and when they're done they look like some delicate thing you'd get at the bakery. (Lemon or strawberry cake mix works great too, with the p. sugar.)

Chocolate cake mix and adding some peanut butter to it

For chocolate chip brownie cookies from a brownie mix, add a tablespoon of cinnamon to cover the artificial chocolate taste and a teasp. of vanilla.

Add 3 Tbl. of unsweetened cocoa to boost the chocolate taste in chocolate mixes, or 1 square of unsweetened chocolate.

Butter pecan cake mix, add some walnuts and coconut and a touch of maple syrup. Add some water (just a touch) as it is very thick. Cook a bit longer because of all the add-ins. Shows how really creative one can be in adding ingredients.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter