Comparison of Weather For WDW and DLR

I'm not being nit picky. Someone stated it was 1 degree above freezing at Disneyland. I thought it sounded odd so I looked it up on a few weather sites. I came back and corrected her.

To me, that right there is being nit picky! :confused3 And then to go on and on about it, and turn what was supposed to be an informative thread into a debate about whether it was *actually* 34 degrees out or just felt like 34 degrees out...just seems nit picky to me!

But, like you said, whatever floats your boat! :)

I'm not being nit picky. Someone stated it was 1 degree above freezing at Disneyland. I thought it sounded odd so I looked it up on a few weather sites. I came back and corrected her. Everyone else seems to think that all those weather sites (weather.com, accuweather.com, wunderground.com) are wrong. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Um, you asked people what they did for a living. You "corrected" people. To me that is picking apart what people have to say. And yes I know this is a message board and we are all supposed to post what we think. However, there are times when even if you know or feel you are right, pointing that out again and again begins to feel nit picky.

Now I am sure this latest comment of mine will generate another from you and I respect that. However, I am done with this because I think its silly. And I don't have a husband that posts who can continue on my behalf so I promise I won't bother you again! I just still miss the old days I guess when discussion centered around the fun of Disney and how best to capitalize on that, not a discussion of how many times we have been and who is truly the best qualified to comment.

Have a great day! Oh, and what floats my boat is planning my Disney trips. So that is what I'll do and hopefully Trey's threads can help me along the way as they always do!

I love that all of you are the ones who keep dragging things ON AND ON by attacking me. Do you expect me to not respond and stand up for myself?? I didn't realize that stating FACTS from weather websites was being nit picky. SO SORRY! I thought others reading this thread might want to know the facts so they aren't afraid of making a DL trip in January.

And I can't imagine these boards every being all candy and flowers and hunky-dory with people like you around. Amazing.

As far as asking what someone did for a living...that is a valid question. I was curious because of all the charts and time put into it. Maybe he does something related to weather and whatnot. So sorry again. I'll try not to be curious about other people.

Anything else further you'd like to say to/about me or my husband...feel free to send me a private message.

P.S. my husband never posted anything "on my behalf." He posted his own thoughts on stuff. I told him about this thread and he felt the need to comment on stuff. Get over it.

Okay, I'm the "cork in the screw" here.

I just returned from the most miserable trip "weather wise" To San Diego, drizzly, cold cold, at Sea World. {Sweat Shirts and layering were not cutting it!! I had to buy a coat at sea world, it was water resistant and warm. And my best friend the entire trip!!}

DL Was near freezing temp 34, and raining sideways, 5ft into the store by the fire station. Believe me when I say that Ponchos were no help, my face, hair and ears were full of rain, my knees were soaked down to my shoes. I gave up and went back to the hotel Sunday Jan. 27, 2008 I was so cold I had to turn the heat on high and let it blast away.

Our Dates were Jan. 24, at Sea World, DL Jan 25, thru 31st. Friday was very cold but not raining, Saturday it started raining in the night. It would look nice at 8:00 am from the room but by 10am it was raining, big BLACk clouds would sit over DL.

Of course, on the 31 our last day, it stopped raining but we were only in the park for 3 hours before needing to get to the airport, but it was still cold.

That week ended up being a huge winter storm, and being outside in it sucked. Anything between the 40's and 50's can feel like it's freezing, especially factoring in the wind chill and rain together.

Sorry you had a rough trip!!

Question to all....

Would you rather be at Disneyland in 40/50 degree weather? Or 90/100 degree weather? (Let's assume that neither has any rain or anything. Just partly sunny weather with those temps.)

Dear nitpicking arguers:

The first time I ever went to Disneyland, in 1987, I froze my whatsis off. I don't know what the temperature was, but it was freaking cold.

The last time I went to Disneyland, in 2007, it was freaking hot. I sweated clear through all of my unmentionables.

I'm sure if I remembered the exact dates and times of my trips, there would be someone to tell me that I couldn't possibly have been so hot or so cold.

But if I wanted to hear how wrong I was, I would start a conversation with my 17 year old.

:)

Question to all....

Would you rather be at Disneyland in 40/50 degree weather? Or 90/100 degree weather? (Let's assume that neither has any rain or anything. Just partly sunny weather with those temps.)

Since no one else wants to answer it...I'll answer it myself...haha.

I'd rather visit Disneyland when it's cold out. You can always put on layers of clothes and a coat/gloves/hat/scarf. When it's hot, there's only so much you can take off. Going into air conditioned buildings helps but you can't spend all day inside. The only upside of a super hot day is going on Grizzly River at DCA. LOVE that ride....especially if it's hot out. In general, I just don't like getting all sweaty. And typically if it's hot out, that means the UV index is going to be high. I'm a redhead. I burn easily. Reapplying sunscreen every couple hours is a hassle. And then I stink like sunscreen all day long.

I just always loved going to Disneyland on a cold day/night. Then when it gets dark out...we'd get hot chocolate or mochas and cookies from Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street. We'd sit and listen to the piano guy (although the guy we loved isn't there anymore.) Sometimes we'd watch fireworks or just people watch. There was something extra fun about it when it was cold and we were drinking hot beverages. I'm weird, I suppose.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Hot vs. Cold in the parks?

Dear nitpicking arguers:

The first time I ever went to Disneyland, in 1987, I froze my whatsis off. I don't know what the temperature was, but it was freaking cold.

The last time I went to Disneyland, in 2007, it was freaking hot. I sweated clear through all of my unmentionables.

I'm sure if I remembered the exact dates and times of my trips, there would be someone to tell me that I couldn't possibly have been so hot or so cold.

But if I wanted to hear how wrong I was, I would start a conversation with my 17 year old.

:)

I would have to agree with your hot statement. I was there on that wonderful 108 degree day last year. What a fun day that was.

I have also been there it was very cold. Very very cold. I wore gloves and a hat. That being said, I would never just start throwing temperatures around based on how I thought it felt then insist I'm right.

People come to these boards for truthful answers to very valid questions and we must answer them as accurately as possible.

Yes. It gets very cold at Disneyland. No need to put a temperature on your post. People are going to check.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Hot vs. Cold in the parks?
Hands down I would rather go to DLR when it is hot. Especially when I have a nearby hotel.

With regard to WDW, I am not so sure. The hotels are not as close and the heat is much more oppresive IMHO. I have never been to WDW when it is cold, but I have been to Florida at all times of year including later this month. So I can't say for sure. But I suspect I would still take a hot day at WDW over a cold one.

I would have to agree with Hydroguy on this one. I would rather go when it is hot. On hot days, mornings are pleasant, evenings are delightful, and hot, hot afternoons just mean more margaritas by the pool. On cold days, its COLD. I can crawl into bed and drink hot chocolate at home. :)

For me...I am miserable when it's hot. Summer is my least favorite season. Spring is a close second. I love love love Winter and Fall. Snow and cool/cold temps are heaven for me! Haha. So yeah...it's no surprise I prefer the parks when it's colder. WDW last month the temps were in the 50's and 60's most of the time but also in the lower 70's a little. The 60's were great. But in the middle of the day, I even found the 70's to be a bit warm for my liking...haha. I guess I'm weird.

Cold and Rainy cause it scares everyone out and I can have DLR all to my self!!!

I thought October was to hot and humid in WDW. If I wanted to do water parks I would do October again, or trying another less oppressive month. But other wise I would do it in Nov or Dec cause the weather was actually nice.

Cold and Rainy cause it scares everyone out and I can have DLR all to my self!!!

I thought October was to hot and humid in WDW. If I wanted to do water parks I would do October again, or trying another less oppressive month. But other wise I would do it in Nov or Dec cause the weather was actually nice.

Rain at disneyland is great. Low crowd levels....woohoo! Too bad a poncho is useless.
WDW in January was lovely. If we ever get a chance to go back, that's when we'd go. And the crowds weren't too bad either.

I would rather go to DL when it's hot out, although we're a family of swimmers and like to swim everyday when we're visiting DL. Plus, considering where we live, we like to vacation where it's warm.

In all the times we've been to DL, we've never had a rainy day, but the thought of an empty park sounds very intriguing.:scratchin

We visited WDW in late January 2007 and the weather was very pleasant, about 65-75 degrees everyday we were there, plus the crowds were low. It was awesome! We're going to WDW again this year, December 7-14, and I'm hoping for 70-80 degrees, but we'll be prepared for anything from cold to sweltering.:thumbsup2

Well....never been to Disneyland, but have been to WDW for the last five years in August. So, I guess if we like that, we will have no problem with D.L. this summer, right?? I would much rather be at WDW when it is hot, then if it is cold. Last February we were at WDW and it was freezing (for Florida) at night, but the days were warm. Still my DH complained that is was too cold for WDW and he would rather be there when it is hot!! We do love to swim though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter