Comparison of Weather For WDW and DLR

Were you there at 4am? That's typically when those temps are reached. By 9am things tend to warm up a little. I'll admit that 50 degrees feels pretty darned cold even when you're coming from negative temperatures but I'd like to set everybody at ease. It will never and has never reached 34 degrees during anybody's visit to Disneyland. Never

I also took a look at those videos and I'm a little confused. Granted channel 4 is a Chuck Henry away from being a joke. What do they have to do with Disneyland's weather? Long Beach and Point Mugu are not even in the vacinity of Anaheim. In fact they're Long Beach and Point Mugu are over an hour away from each other. Tejon is close to 4000 feet so it's no mystery why they have snow. Really, I don't see anything too out of the ordinary for the places their mentioning.

Long Beach can be a little rougher weather wise because they're on the coast. I have a friend who lives on a boat in San Pedro. Water spouts are rough and can rip up a sail but you'll notice they didn't bother closing Disneyland because you're plenty far away from there.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/monthly/USCA0027?month=-1

Here is the weather history for Anaheim last month. Those tempuratures don't really do much dipping until about midnight and even then you're still a few hours from those observed lows.

"Feels like" and "is" are two very different things. We need to be sure we're giving the people that come here as detailed a diagram as possible of what to expect rather than just painting them a picture. Experiences are all different.

Hey. I think that is the same link I already posted.
It might be "possible" for someone to be at Disneyland with temps at or below 34 degrees. The record lows for November, December and February are 33, 32, and 30. However, the only people that would be in the parks at those times would be employees. Or maybe, but probably not, people on new years eve. But not likely. Of course, it has been cold enough to need coats and hats at Disneyland before...even without freezing temps. I'm a wuss.

(p.s. your post has a few typos.) :lovestruc

Mrs. Bee - is an English teacher!! They are the only ones that dog other peoples spelling!!

I wore a disney T shirt, a disney winter sweat shirt, a muffer, my sea world heavy winter coat, and a hat and gloves. Plus a Poncho to stop the wind from cutting thru.

Nope. Not an english teacher. Not even close.

And you never responded....why exactly did you post those videos? I'm still confused by that.

Mrs. Bee - is an English teacher!! They are the only ones that dog other peoples spelling!!

I can always count on my WIFE to correct my spelling. She was being funny with that little piece. This is a message board. It's not for picking fights. A wise crack here and there breaks up the monotony of information.

We're all here because we love Disneyland. I've been several hundred times, I'm an addict I know, and I love to help people with their trip planning and occasionally poke fun at know-it-alls who don't necessarily know it all. They know a lot but some people know more and they need to accept that certain people on these boards are like the freaks over at Mouseplanet who go every day and know all the cast members by name.

I try very hard not to be one of those people. I've managed to keep the Disney souveniers in my office down to a healthy zero. I still know every ride spiel (my wife hates it) and can walk the park blindfolded but I try to quietly enjoy my experience. Then there are those "other" people. They know more than most people should know. You've seen them. They truck their pins around and show them to whoever isn't smart enough to get up from their bench after it's invaded. "This one was discontinued due to a typo on the back and only 17 weren't destroyed." Of course sometimes you just can't escape. They're behind you in line and insist on destroying as much "magic" as possible. Am I ranting? I think I'm ranting. I need to stop that. I also need to stop working and have some dinner.

I can always count on my WIFE to correct my spelling. She was being funny with that little piece. This is a message board. It's not for picking fights. A wise crack here and there breaks up the monotony of information.

We're all here because we love Disneyland. I've been several hundred times, I'm an addict I know, and I love to help people with their trip planning and occasionally poke fun at know-it-alls who don't necessarily know it all. They know a lot but some people know more and they need to accept that certain people on these boards are like the freaks over at Mouseplanet who go every day and know all the cast members by name.

I try very hard not to be one of those people. I've managed to keep the Disney souveniers in my office down to a healthy zero. I still know every ride spiel (my wife hates it) and can walk the park blindfolded but I try to quietly enjoy my experience. Then there are those "other" people. They know more than most people should know. You've seen them. They truck their pins around and show them to whoever isn't smart enough to get up from their bench after it's invaded. "This one was discontinued due to a typo on the back and only 17 weren't destroyed." Of course sometimes you just can't escape. They're behind you in line and insist on destroying as much "magic" as possible. Am I ranting? I think I'm ranting. I need to stop that. I also need to stop working and have some dinner.

I love the people in line that start telling us "insider" info. They are so excited to tell us little tidbits about the park. I never quite have the heart to say, "yeah. I already know. I'm an AP holder." I just smile and pretend it's something new to me. But it's slightly annoying after a while. Just because I have a fanny pack doesn't mean I'm a "tourist." :upsidedow

I almost forgot to mention that my wife wears a Disneyland fannypack. That's right. Fannypack. No pins though. Not yet anyway.

Anyone else beginning to wonder if Mrs.Bee and Quest4fun are married and just messin' with us? :lmao:

Married.
And there's nothing wrong with a fannypack.
Keeping on topic of weather....I wish I had a waterproof pack for those rainy days.

Married. I proposed and everything. You can see me in photos with said wife in her other, friendly posts.

I'm the one with the beard.

Anyone else beginning to wonder if Mrs.Bee and Quest4fun are married and just messin' with us? :lmao:

I was wondering the same thing, Dangermouse.

They state they are "married"....can we confirm if to each other?

It's definitely gotten livelier the last few days. :tongue:

Were you there at 4am? That's typically when those temps are reached. By 9am things tend to warm up a little. I'll admit that 50 degrees feels pretty darned cold even when you're coming from negative temperatures but I'd like to set everybody at ease. It will never and has never reached 34 degrees during anybody's visit to Disneyland. Never

Well, since you don't live here, you don't exactly know, do you? Were you there? I live inland from DL and it was a very cold January. There was 3-5 feet of snow in the mountains even below 5000 feet. I know, I was in it. There is still snow below 5000 feet that hasn't melted off from over a week ago. That is unusual.

It has been in the 30s - even mid thirties- in the am when I go to work in recent weeks. I have a thermometer outside my front door and in my car- and they both register that. Not every "weather station" is entirely accurate. So while a temp of 34 is unusual, it most certainly is not impossible.

Well, since you don't live here, you don't exactly know, do you? Were you there? I live inland from DL and it was a very cold January. There was 3-5 feet of snow in the mountains even below 5000 feet. I know, I was in it. There is still snow below 5000 feet that hasn't melted off from over a week ago. That is unusual.

It has been in the 30s - even mid thirties- in the am when I go to work in recent weeks. I have a thermometer outside my front door and in my car- and they both register that. Not every "weather station" is entirely accurate. So while a temp of 34 is unusual, it most certainly is not impossible.

So where exactly do you live?
When you say there is snow below 5000 feet...I don't think that includes place like Disneyland that are at what elevation? I don't know but I'm sure it's a LOT lower. EDIT - just googled it. Anaheim, elevation 157 feet. Yeah.
FYI: quest4fun may not live there now but he lived in orange county for most of his life (up until last march.)

Okay...so my husband (quest4fun) accidently posted his response under my name. So everything written below is from him....

I lived in Southern California for close to 30 years until I moved last March so I think I know a thing or two about the weather does and what the weather did plus I still have an office in Irvine so I'm not completely detached from my former home. I did not live inland from Disneyland. I lived less than 10 minutes away up until my recent move I had lived within earshot of their fireworks since 1985 so I think I have a pretty good feel for how cold it gets there and how cold it has gotten.

On extremely cold days the Grapevine will experience snow below 3000 feet. Snow below 2000 feet is unusual. I recall a light powdering in Malibu recently but then again Malibu's hills near the 1700 feet mark so in rare circumstances the air could be cold enough to allow for snow.

No doubt it was cold. My old pickup truck had a thermometer on the window that registered 25 degrees one morning in Orange. That didn't mean it was 25 degrees though. I know what 25 degrees feels like. It's just a tad colder than 34 degrees and I can say with some certainty that no Disneyland guest will every feel it dip below 40 degrees unless they manage to stay in the park until 3am when those sub 35 degree record temps were hit.

I just want people to know that yes you will have cold days at Disneyland but you will never freeze at the park as Anaheim's low tempuratures do not creep into the 30's until well after 1am.

I'm not blowing smoke. This is a scientific fact. There's this great thing called the Old Farmer's Almanac that gives incredibly accurate weather history since they keep track of national weather centers. You can check weather around Fullerton Municiple Airport and John Wayne Airpors. You'll see some very reasurring temperatures.

It simply doesn't get that cold during Disneyland's operating hours. Weather from the coast to the mountains is very different.

What makes me an expert on Anaheim? I worked for the Arrowhead Pond (now Honda Center), Anaheim Chamber of Commerce, several Disneyland are Hotels (there's a manager at Red Roof Inn that looks like Santa Claus), and Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle as their system administrator. I know the city as well as if not better than Disneyland. I'll have to figure out which I know more about. Probably Disneyland now that I think of it.

Oooh. Experts. :worship:

Well, then I'll just bow out, thanks. I'm sure the poster about it being 34 degrees will be glad to know it was not, indeed, 34 degrees.

Someone sounds bitter. I'm sorry for that.

Thank-you Silly Little Pixie! I have been to DL at least 6 times. 2003 was Jan 1 thru 7. New Years Day was nice weather we went to the park in the evening in just sweat shirts. That whole trip we had good weather.

Nothing like this time. It was just plain flippin' miserable!! Sunday Jan 27th was the absolute worst. I admit it was abernant weather for DL But that does't mean it wasn't cold enough to freeze the bee knees.

Even the locals thought it was bad enough to stay home.

Trey thanks for the information. You are still the one I look to for facts and touring techniques! I am not an expert on much of anything. But I do remember the good old days on disboards, especially the Disneyland side when discussions never got so nit picky.

Thank-you Silly Little Pixie! I have been to DL at least 6 times. 2003 was Jan 1 thru 9. New Years Day was nice weather we went to the park in the evening in just sweat shirts. That whole trip we had good weather.

Nothing like this time. It was just plain flippin' miserable!! Sunday Jan 27th was the absolute worst. I admit it was abernant weather for DL But that does't mean it wasn't cold enough to freeze the bee knees.

Even the locals thought it was bad enough to stay home.

I don't doubt that it was cold. Even thought I currently live in weather that gets below zero...I still get cold in weather all the way up to 50 degrees. To me, if I'm going to be walking around in it all day, 45 doesn't feel that much different than 25. But does that mean it was 25 degrees out? No. It just means I was flipping cold in 45. Will I say to the hubby, "brrr...I'm freezing" even though it's technically not freezing out. Yes. Will he laugh because it was 0 degrees back home? Yes. That was WDW two weeks ago. I'm not doubting that it was cold out and not fun to be in.

Trey thanks for the information. You are still the one I look to for facts and touring techniques! I am not an expert on much of anything. But I do remember the good old days on disboards, especially the Disneyland side when discussions never got so nit picky.

I'm not being nit picky. Someone stated it was 1 degree above freezing at Disneyland. I thought it sounded odd so I looked it up on a few weather sites. I came back and corrected her. Everyone else seems to think that all those weather sites (weather.com, accuweather.com, wunderground.com) are wrong. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter