Come over - A Perfectly Pompous TR (Updated: Boarding pass from the pool please!)

Can I please be Cruella DeVille? Please??? God, how I would love to be paid to be nasty and snarky at people. Now THERE'S a job I'd excel at! :laughing:

Of course my dearest Nancy. Although I would choose Ursula. She's too funny. I adore Halloween at WDW. Great time of year. Just adore it. And that parade - hot. That parade is HOT.

:rotfl: There goes Lisa - park touring "ninja style" again :rotfl:

One can dream. :lmao:

:scared1: CHEATING? Oh, I don't think so :laughing: I think it was more like....eavesdropping :laughing:

Of course it was eavesdropping. :laughing::lovestruc AND CHEATING!!!!

Now if you actually write it down. :laughing:

I also used to catch them necking on the couch when I was in high school (eww, then... aww, now).

At first I must have read too quickly.

Then I had a moment - "hey wait, wai- wai - wait!!!!" :lmao:

Funny Kat. So funny. And I'm sure - absolutely NOT FUNNY at the time. :rotfl:

Also, quick story. My parents. They annoyed the heck out of their children by weekends away, HUGE social life (still is in their seventies), vacations without us, "make yourself scarce" when friends were over. You know - not fair! Laughing. All this while giving us attention and love and family outtings/vacations (mostly camping).

That is so awesome -- I love hearing stories like that and can only hope that DH and I get there one day. We're 13 years strong, which seems a miracle in itself considering that we married when I was 18 and he was 21. :love:

1995?

101_3161.jpg

2003?

101_3557.jpg

101_3075.jpg

Isn't it amazing how fast time passes? From babies to young adults in the blink of an eye.

One especially. So I have work for some of you. Here's the flower. it's not the pink one you've been seeing. It's a pink and white one. Yes, it would be nice if I knew the names of flowers. At the front of the mansions.

100_5576.jpg

It was an extreme close up and it and I was in love. :love: That kind of picture that you take it and then you turn around and exhale - or sigh I simply can't remember :lmao: - and smile cause it's such a turn on. Just igmore me if you think I'm the strangest girl you've ever sort of met.

I see this, and I think trip from Dec 2008 when E (3DisneyKids) was RUNNING those stairs while Liz and I were fast asleep. :laughing:

Such a tease you are!! I was so excited to get back on and read more.

As for your smiles - I type mine in word - from having WDW internet disconnect me while typing a post for a live TR:headache:!!! - So I type in word - then copy and paste and read over - insert smiles and submit - that way if the evil fairy in the computer throws me off - I've only lost the smiles and can redo them easier than retyping words - I also insert pics easy this way!!!

So the last day.....popcorn::

Let's just say that I take last days VERY SERIOUSLY.

VERY.

I'm serious. :lmao:

It all happened about six or seven years ago - I just happened to try out a late flight home. Like seven something. I loved it. :love: And it changed my way I think about that the last day.

Since then - that day of the vacation - well some of the BEST days. I no longer treat - let's use LD - I no longer treat LD as the black sheep of my vacation family. LD is equal or better than any other of those vacation moments. You know milk it for all it is worth.

So what was up this time?

I couldn't do the seven something flight. I was outnumbered. Remember we were flying back into PIT not BUF. So drive home. They all said nope to my idea. So we compromised and had about a 4:30 flight. (All of us were on the same flight.

So what to do?

KIDANI! :dance3: 76 degrees. KIDANI! :dance3: Pool, water play.

First I needed to check out of this -

100_5259-1.jpg

To go enjoy this -

100_5594.jpg

ME was picking us up at 1:35 pm. I was not going to miss a moment of 76 and sunny.

So for the first time ever - EVER - I actually checked out our DVC unit before 10:59:59. :lmao:

And we checked our bags and walked to Kidani.

GLORIOUS. It was early and it was already busy. :confused3 Okay. :3dglasses The lounge search is on. So we found a great spot and I jumped on in.

101_1379.jpg

The rest of the family met us there and the fun began. Except for Isaac the party pooper who wasn't really into it. :rolleyes:

100_5632.jpg

But Marc Robert was - and we hit the slide. And hit the slide. And hit the slide.

101_1376.jpg

HEAVEN. :cloud9: I love me a slide. Especially since a DVCer at VB schooled me on how to go faster. She told me the tight arms down on your back was male fastest BUT the pike sitting up and over touching your toes was a women's secret.

Okay then.

I thought she was one crazy woman!!!!

OMG. She so wasn't. :rotfl2: She's brilliant. IT WORKS. Like crazy fast - one has flickerings of going right over the side.

And fun in the pool. They were so frustrated that I couldn't get this up in the air shot. It's not easy.

100_5635.jpg

Um whoops. :rolleyes1

100_5637.jpg

But this is cute!

100_5639.jpg

But the star of Kidani - besides the pool bar :rolleyes1popcorn:: - is the play area. What fun!

I think I"m going to shut up and just let the pictures tell the story on that one.

Are you the gatekeeper?

100_5600.jpg

For those who don't know what it does -

100_5602.jpg

So I called over victim #1!!! (where the heck is the evil smilie?)

100_5641.jpg

And we passed the gatekeeper and into the play area.

Up next: the rest of the play area and hot tub school.

Life is funny, eh? YOu just never know who is going to affect your life so wonderfully. I honestly never might have bought as weird as that sounds - without that wake up call from a pompous stranger. And now he gets repaid by me annoying him every once in awhile.

I believe you meant to say "without that wake up call from a PERFECTLY pompous stranger." And yes, you're correct - I'm being repaid very generously!:rotfl:

Love your amazing photos and fabulous trip report - keep up the good work!

Best wishes,
David

Such a tease you are!! I was so excited to get back on and read more.

As for your smiles - I type mine in word - from having WDW internet disconnect me while typing a post for a live TR:headache:!!! - So I type in word - then copy and paste and read over - insert smiles and submit - that way if the evil fairy in the computer throws me off - I've only lost the smiles and can redo them easier than retyping words - I also insert pics easy this way!!!

Yes, I know BUT

Dopeygirl 76 half the fun of the smilies is to push them while you're laughing. :lmao:

Or shocked. :scared1:

Or in love. :love:

Or sarcastic. :rolleyes1

AT THE TIME.

I don't know if I can do smilies after the fact. :surfweb:;) ;)That's kind of like - well - I'll shut up.

You're killing me.

Don't try to interrupt my addiction. :laughing:;) with your intelligent suggestions.

I believe you meant to say "without that wake up call from a PERFECTLY pompous stranger." And yes, you're correct - I'm being repaid very generously!:rotfl:

Love your amazing photos and fabulous trip report - keep up the good work!

Best wishes,
David

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :3dglasses

Okay the magnificent play area. :love:

Because I have a ridiculous issue with honesty :sad2:- I'm telling you in advance that I'm posting some old vacation photos to give you an idea of the layout fo the land.

First there are three boys to watch out for - that could get you at any moment. Or not.

101_1390.jpg

I told you!

101_1394.jpg

And then there are these shady pails.

101_1393.jpg

They're certainly not well balanced individuals.

And there's a firiing station. One person is well covered . The other - not so much. You'll see.

And there's a tube and a waterfall area.

101_1400.jpg

And a climbing area.

Okay now onto this vacation.

Here is Jean and Marc Robert's fun in pictures.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

100_5648.jpg

Like they didn't know!

100_5649.jpg

Oh the water guns. Jean's not after Marc Robert right here in this picture. She's after a young girl she doesn't even know!

100_5650.jpg

No, no sympathy for that girl. THAT GIRL had spunk and a lovely competitive edge to her. (I LOVE THAT!). She probably started this water war.

They were both trying to take each other out!!!!:rotfl2::love:

100_5625.jpg

100_5651-1.jpg

THAT LOVELY COMPETITIVE GIRL is probably getting Jean here! Good shotl.

100_5645.jpg

100_5657.jpg

Me I can't seem to get any good photo angles. I kept getting wet every single time I tried.

It fooled them again? :lmao:;) Come on!

100_5661.jpg

100_5662.jpg

100_5655.jpg

100_5613.jpg

100_5679.jpg

100_5621.jpg

100_5678-1.jpg

Well it became that time. :confused::scared1::sad2:

It was almost one and our ME bus was coming at 1:35 pm.

We had to leave this -

100_5677.jpg

100_5629.jpg

And we weren't exactly dressed for the occasion. :laughing:

We left the rest of them relaxing at the pool in perfect day glee. And by the way this woman (SIL Cheryl) five times as pretty as this picture shows.

100_5633.jpg

So off to Jambo. We ran in - changed in the bathroom. I ran to Mara - CREDITS! FOOD! . Jean ran to get the luggage.

And we made it to the bus stop in enough time to get a comb through my hair and on the ME bus.

Back for a minute -

But just before we left Kidani - with minutes to spare - we decided to take a dip in the hot tub.

It ended up to be me, Jean, Marc Robert and a complete preschool and middle school. :lmao:

Now for my last soapbox :lmao:-

Let's not forget we had twelve year old Marc Robert in there. However, it saddens me that some things can't be adults only. And not for the reason you're thinking. I love kids. Love them. But I truly believe we're robbing them of something very precious: to look forward to being an adult and its perks AND delayed gratification. I know, I know - WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT - IT'S A HOT TUB!!!!:rotfl: But stay with me.

I played tennis my whole youth. And in our club - you were not allowed as a youth or child to play at night. At a certain time OR when the lights came on - OFF THE COURT . And it was strictly enforced. OFF. And we hated it! It SUCKED. But my goodness we couldn't wait to be 16. 16 meant playing under the lights with all the adults. I remember to this day the feeling of "I'm here" "It's here" this bonus of getting older on the tennis courts. I just think we have truly robbed this generation. It seems we have to open op everything to them so young. Like "NO" is so bad.

Yes a hot tub moment took me there. It's my brain - you can't have it! :3dglasses:lmao:

So back to the hot tub and the school. It was hysterical because of one little boy. Let's call him David - I have no idea what his name was. He was brilliantly at that lovely stage of wonderment about everything. Lovely. :lovestruc

Hi!

Hi!

I'm five - how old are you? (yes I know - I let it slide)

42. (me)

48. (Jean).

You're YOUNGER than HER?

OMG. :scared1::rotfl::lmao:

Yes, isn't that funny? (what really came out of my mouth)

Do you NOT KNOW the difference between my thin whiter than white skin and black skin. Black don't crack little five year old so give me a break, would ja? (What I thought!) ;)

I refrained.

He wasn't too good at the age guessing anyway. There's not a carnival job for him! ;) He thought Marc Robert was 20 (he's 13). I suspect anything over 5 is 20. :goodvibes

And it became a mini classroom somehow. Us and about ten kids. :lmao:

But it can't last. :surfweb: It's getting that time. So we said, "we gotta go!"

Little David and friends "Why?"

"We have to get a bus to the airport to fly home."

Little David "But I don't understand why you HAVE to go!"

(THOUGHT IN MY HEAD: I don't know why. We just have to. :goodvibes)

And there is the thing about vacations. THEY END. :sad2:

But hey we are on the DVC boards! .So YOU know what THAT means. Isn't life grand?

Oh DVC how I love thee. :love:

Ta da. THE END. :goodvibes

Lisa

I would completely milk the last day too. Love the great snowball fight pic!

:thumbsup2

Love the snakes Lisa. I don't mind old pics,lol.

:lmao:

Thanks Amiee. :goodvibes:lovestruc

And thanks to everyone that followed. And a special thanks to those who interacted with me. It makes it so much easier to keep going. SO MUCH. :lovestruc

I'm afraid to stop. It's REALLY scary how much crap I've been avoiding for the past week and a half. :scared1::lmao::rotfl:

Oh well! :goodvibes

And Happy Easter. American Bunny is calling my name!

Couldn't agree with you more about the adult areas. Team Goddess chased a few kids away, lol.

It is so sad for a trip to end. But then again, there is planning for next time. Thanks for letting us in on your journey. What good fun was had by all it seems. Can't wait for the next one, EH.

That is so awesome -- I love hearing stories like that and can only hope that DH and I get there one day. We're 13 years strong, which seems a miracle in itself considering that we married when I was 18 and he was 21. :love:

Isn't it amazing how fast time passes? From babies to young adults in the blink of an eye.

OMGoodness Crystal. 18 and 21. WOW.

All the best to you both. :goodvibes

And yes it amazing how quickly time goes. Just amazing.

what makes you think I didn't write it down? :confused3 I did indeed write it down. I just don't know where I put it :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

YOu know Nancy this week they came out with a study that says IT'S GOOD to drink wine in the morning. :confused3 :lmao:

I see this, and I think trip from Dec 2008 when E (3DisneyKids) was RUNNING those stairs while Liz and I were fast asleep. :laughing:

OMG. Of course. :lmao:

Let it be known that I like to sleep in on vacation. :3dglasses

It is so sad for a trip to end. But then again, there is planning for next time. Thanks for letting us in on your journey. What good fun was had by all it seems. Can't wait for the next one, EH.

Thanks CJ.

Last night you were a vampire model - don't ask. :lmao:

From dolphins to ELANDS to vampires - you sure get around, EH? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter