Closing Time!

Home Resort: OKW
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 2/17
Offer accepted: 2/17
Sent to ROFR: 2/20
Passed ROFR: 3/02
Closing docs received (buyer): 3/07
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/09
Closing docs returned (seller): 3/09
Closing: 3/16
Deed recorded: 3/16
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/30 (received 2 emails from Disney with info to set up acct)
Points in account: 3/31 (I called and talked to Raven in member services she had them loaded while we were chatting)

43 days!! not bad but felt like F O R E V E R!!!
congrats!!! i'm still waiting WAAAAAHHHH

Who was your closer at www.magicvacationtitle.com? We had Jessie. Wondering if I can expect a similar time table to you if we had the same closer.
we had jessie last year i think...this year was emily? closing was not an issue once we got our docs. we got the docs on a saturday, we and the sellers returned everything by tuesday. then we closed the next day and our deed was recorded on the thursday. but now it's over two weeks that we're waiting for disney to send our membership activation email!

we had jessie last year i think...this year was emily? closing was not an issue once we got our docs. we got the docs on a saturday, we and the sellers returned everything by tuesday. then we closed the next day and our deed was recorded on the thursday. but now it's over two weeks that we're waiting for disney to send our membership activation email!
Awesome. Thanks. We closed on the 22nd and the deed was recorded on the 23rd. So we’re only at day 9.

I also had Emily

In the past we've had Jessie for multiple contract they all have been consistently well done. Currently, we have Beth for two contracts, we've never had Beth before, she's very good at responding.

congrats!!! i'm still waiting WAAAAAHHHH
Maybe call Disney. I did call last week and they said they received my information from the title company on the 17th. So that is one day after when the deed was recorded. So it matters when they sent it to Disney. It wouldn't hurt to call and make sure they have the info.

I'm chatting with MS now and they're telling me 4-6 weeks after closing. Clearly that's not what we've been seeing in this thread!

The one thing everyone needs to remember with resale purchases is to have patience. We all want our points as soon as possible, but that's not how it works with resale. There are steps along the way that take time for each one to complete. This thread will help give you guidelines as to how long you might expect to wait. If your steps take less time to complete, then its a bonus but shouldn't be expected. DVC is doing the best they can with the amount of contracts coming their way on a daily basis.

I'm chatting with MS now and they're telling me 4-6 weeks after closing. Clearly that's not what we've been seeing in this thread!
I have always been able to get an email response from Membership Admin (who sets up the new Contract or Membership) within a day or two - last email to them (minor question) was 7 days ago, with no response other than the standard "we got your email" ... Admin appears overwhelmed. Member Services (who adds points) seems super on everything - I've seen points added in a day, where it used to take up to a week. As you say, we're still seeing closer to two weeks "so far" for new membership/contract adds, but it depends how much backlog they really have.

The one thing everyone needs to remember with resale purchases is to have patience. We all want our points as soon as possible, but that's not how it works with resale. There are steps along the way that take time for each one to complete. This thread will help give you guidelines as to how long you might expect to wait. If your steps take less time to complete, then its a bonus but shouldn't be expected. DVC is doing the best they can with the amount of contracts coming their way on a daily basis.
Agreed and I'm not trying to be a jerk. It's just hard to be patient when other contracts that were closed the same day as mine have their email and I don't yet. I personally still have some time, but we were really hoping to use these points at the 7 month window for our mid-November trip, which is in two weeks. I'm not being nasty or rude to anyone and I'm not asking to cut any lines. At the time we closed, the wait time was 7-10 days. I waited that and then some (on day 15 now) with anticipation of course, but no complaints. But now I see my closing buddies getting their email so I think I am justified in knowing where I stand with mine.

I waited that and then some (on day 15 now) with anticipation of course, but no complaints. But now I see my closing buddies getting their email so I think I am justified in knowing where I stand with mine.
If yours was sent to DVC a day later, or was simply further down the pile, that could add a day or two. You can try calling, but I think someone here said you can only reach Member Services, not Member Admin, by phone right now. Which rather makes sense if they are understaffed and trying to process applications without us calling to ask the status of our applications :(

If you need points by a certain date (and 7 months can be a biggie), I doubt anyone faults you for checking 5-7 days before - then you'd have time to get the points in place.

For me, I'm just spending the time reviewing "waitlist" rules and options for what I want ;)

I have always been able to get an email response from Membership Admin (who sets up the new Contract or Membership) within a day or two - last email to them (minor question) was 7 days ago, with no response other than the standard "we got your email" ... Admin appears overwhelmed. Member Services (who adds points) seems super on everything - I've seen points added in a day, where it used to take up to a week. As you say, we're still seeing closer to two weeks "so far" for new membership/contract adds, but it depends how much backlog they really have.
Yes, I'm sure they're overwhelmed with the number of contracts that are getting passed. If they tell me it's coming in the next few days, that's fine. I still have another few weeks before I really wanted to use them. But it seems like those who bought contracts a week or two before I did, so essentially the dates/people I'm following, had a shorter timeline than my group is currently seeing.

If yours was sent to DVC a day later, or was simply further down the pile, that could add a day or two. You can try calling, but I think someone here said you can only reach Member Services, not Member Admin, by phone right now. Which rather makes sense if they are understaffed and trying to process applications without us calling to ask the status of our applications :(

If you need points by a certain date (and 7 months can be a biggie), I doubt anyone faults you for checking 5-7 days before - then you'd have time to get the points in place.

For me, I'm just spending the time reviewing "waitlist" rules and options for what I want ;)
I'm actually on hold with MA now and apparently they can't seem to find my name so now i'm in full panic mode. I'm waiting for the agent to come back on the phone to tell me what this means but i really hope it isn't like they lost our closing paperwork?!

Did you ask if they show you exist in there. They told me the same thing a few days ago and then yesterday i got the emails from them so don't get to upset. I feel you may get your emails today.

I'm actually on hold with MA now and apparently they can't seem to find my name so now i'm in full panic mode. I'm waiting for the agent to come back on the phone to tell me what this means but i really hope it isn't like they lost our closing paperwork?!
Sorry just saw this... let us know what happens. Well this way you are on the phone trying to figure out what is going on. so i am glad that you didnt wait until next week. How frustrating.

Did you ask if they show you exist in there. They told me the same thing a few days ago and then yesterday i got the emails from them so don't get to upset. I feel you may get your emails today.
Apparently our name isn't on their list of new members to update. the agent was very nice but told me to call back next friday because that's when that physical list gets updated. but if they told you that a few days ago and then you got your email, maybe i'm ok?
if i get the email next week, it's fine, but then i'm definitely going to call them to have them add my points on ASAP. i was just going to let it ride once i got my activation code, but im seeing now that everything is taking longer than it was for the people who closed even a week ahead of us.

Apparently our name isn't on their list of new members to update. the agent was very nice but told me to call back next friday because that's when that physical list gets updated. but if they told you that a few days ago and then you got your email, maybe i'm ok?
if i get the email next week, it's fine, but then i'm definitely going to call them to have them add my points on ASAP. i was just going to let it ride once i got my activation code, but im seeing now that everything is taking longer than it was for the people who closed even a week ahead of us.
Wow… I’m so sorry that it’s taking so long.
We are past our 7 month window at this point and have watched the availability we wanted fall off a cliff. I’m just hoping we get SOMETHING when our points finally show up.
I know MA has a ton of new resale to work through and I also know the site says they’re closing for some training next week.
Hopefully a big chunk of us get our access and points next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter