Closing Time!

Apparently our name isn't on their list of new members to update. the agent was very nice but told me to call back next friday because that's when that physical list gets updated. but if they told you that a few days ago and then you got your email, maybe i'm ok?
if i get the email next week, it's fine, but then i'm definitely going to call them to have them add my points on ASAP. i was just going to let it ride once i got my activation code, but im seeing now that everything is taking longer than it was for the people who closed even a week ahead of us.
Maybe call your title company and ask when they sent it to Disney this way you will know if you should call next Tuesday. disney said they received mine on the 17th from Disney. so next day after the deed was logged.

Maybe call your title company and ask when they sent it to Disney this way you will know if you should call next Tuesday. disney said they received mine on the 17th from Disney. so next day after the deed was logged.
Yes, I think that will be my next step. I’m assuming they sent it on the 17th but maybe we lost the weekend or something. If I get them next week, it’s fine. But I know how important that seventh month mark is and I really don’t want to miss it. Especially since we are trying to get a room at either Boulder Ridge or copper creek just as Christmas decorations are getting put out.

Yes, I think that will be my next step. I’m assuming they sent it on the 17th but maybe we lost the weekend or something. If I get them next week, it’s fine. But I know how important that seventh month mark is and I really don’t want to miss it. Especially since we are trying to get a room at either Boulder Ridge or copper creek just as Christmas decorations are getting put out.

To be fair 4-6 weeks is the standard MA say. Thats the issue when you buy resale, you have no real idea when its going to be.

The benefit of direct is that your points are loaded within a few hours. Ive waited 6 weeks before now and I have 35 contracts, 1000 direct points / 3000 resale. People that closed after you may well be added before you.

You have no idea when it was sent to Disney and where in the pile it is.

Resale is never quick........

we wanted to stay at BLT and we are at the 6 month time frame so not happening. I went on a waiting list and booked OKW just in case. I called and while the lady was having someone load the points she helped me with all that.

Can anyone tell me what the actual closing process involves? We’ve signed our closing docs, the sellers have signed and money has been sent. What does the title agent do now? Is it just a case of sending the papers somewhere (by post or email?), or is there more to it? Just trying to get an idea of how long it might take and when/if I should chase things up. Thank you.

Wow… I’m so sorry that it’s taking so long.
We are past our 7 month window at this point and have watched the availability we wanted fall off a cliff. I’m just hoping we get SOMETHING when our points finally show up.
I know MA has a ton of new resale to work through and I also know the site says they’re closing for some training next week.
Hopefully a big chunk of us get our access and points next week.
I received my activation code but not the email providing my contract and club numbers.

I was told it might be a few days

Can anyone tell me what the actual closing process involves? We’ve signed our closing docs, the sellers have signed and money has been sent. What does the title agent do now? Is it just a case of sending the papers somewhere (by post or email?), or is there more to it? Just trying to get an idea of how long it might take and when/if I should chase things up. Thank you.
Short version is title/escrow will "close" and send the deed to be recorded (usually 1-7 days). Once recorded, the title company notifies DVC. According to "current" timeframes - you are looking at just over two weeks for DVC Admin to set up your membership and/or contract once received (you will receive two emails from DVC then - with your setup info), allow a day or two for DVC Services to put the points in that account.

I mention "current" timeframes, because that's why we all follow this Closing Time thread - to see if timeframes are increasing or decreasing for current transactions.

Last edited:

Are you notified after sellers return closing docs? I’m waiting to wire money until they do and requested cammy at mason let me know but she never said she would. I don’t want to hold up the process but also don’t want to let the money go weeks before I have to (if they drag their feet like they did on the initial paperwork).

Are you notified after sellers return closing docs? I’m waiting to wire money until they do and requested cammy at mason let me know but she never said she would. I don’t want to hold up the process but also don’t want to let the money go weeks before I have to (if they drag their feet like they did on the initial paperwork).
I've never been told by Cammy when docs came back (and I've asked), she has sent me emails saying we are closing in 3 or 7 days (been told both), which I assumed meant seller docs were returned. She has always closed the day she indicated, and recorded the deed the next day. But I would call for an update if you are on a tight timeline.

Short version is title/escrow will "close" and send the deed to be recorded (usually 1-7 days). Once recorded, the title company notifies DVC. According to "current" timeframes - you are looking at just over two weeks for DVC Admin to set up your membership and/or contract once received, then a day or two for DVC Services to put the points in that account.

I mention "current" timeframes, because that's why we all follow this Closing Time thread - to see if timeframes are increasing or decreasing for current transactions.
Thanks. We’ve been told we should close next week so sounds like that’s realistic. I feel like we’re so close but I’m struggling to be patient!!

Wow… I’m so sorry that it’s taking so long.
We are past our 7 month window at this point and have watched the availability we wanted fall off a cliff. I’m just hoping we get SOMETHING when our points finally show up.
I know MA has a ton of new resale to work through and I also know the site says they’re closing for some training next week.
Hopefully a big chunk of us get our access and points next week.
thanks - it's not even taking that long and i know resale takes a while. i don't mind waiting but when i see others who closed at the same time get their info, it makes me a little antsy!

it also doesn't help when others on the board criticize my impatience...i feel like 90% of the posts on here are about people stressing about how long everything is taking! i don't think i'm any different than most of the people in this thread.

like others have said, the closing itself typically takes a few days. right now, it's at least two weeks between closing and getting the first of two emails from disney. but one thing i'd tell others now is you can't really go by what the people immediately ahead of you are experiencing because it seems like there was this giant wave of contracts passing mid february on and it's been bottlenecking diffent parts of the process!

I've never been told by Cammy when docs came back (and I've asked), she has sent me emails saying we are closing in 3 or 7 days (been told both), which I assumed meant seller docs were returned. She has always closed the day she indicated, and recorded the deed the next day. But I would call for an update if you are on a tight timeline.
So they will schedule the closing even if you haven’t wired funds yet? I was wondering if they would be waiting on the funds to send an email with a closing date, if not, that would be a great signal to go ahead and do the transfer.

Thanks for your help and I apologize for all the questions.

So they will schedule the closing even if you haven’t wired funds yet? I was wondering if they would be waiting on the funds to send an email with a closing date, if not, that would be a great signal to go ahead and do the transfer.

I believe they schedule Closing when Everything (money and all docs, perhaps something from title insurance company?) has been received. So your money would have to be there for them to schedule closing. Some people wait until the seller has also returned documents (seller needs to have a deed notarized, buyer has something notarized only if getting a loan). It is not easy to get "when" seller has returned the documents from the title/escrow companies lately - but I think that is a function of how super busy they are.

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title: Mason Title & Escrow Company
Offer made: 2/11/2023
Offer accepted: 2/11/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/27/2023
Closing docs received: 2/28/2023
Closing docs returned: 3/1/2023
Closing: 3/15/2023
Deed recorded: 3/15/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/29/2023
Points in account:3/30/2023

I did not contact them to get points added, but when I looked last evening they were there. A night of stress as the 2023 UY points were all in 2022 meaning they'd expire and I'd have none until 2024. Definitely not what I'd paid for. But when I contacted chat this morning first thing they were able to correct it as they had just been entered in the wrong year by Disney as I'd hoped. Now to get ready to book my trips!

Update - contract was added to my current account without any email from Disney. big thanks to the people on this board for alerting me that this could even happen! now i will sit and wait for my points to be added :P

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/9
Offer accepted: 2/9
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/24 (14 days)
Estoppel Issued: 2/24
Closing docs received: 3/11 (15 days)
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Closing: 3/15 (2 days)
Deed recorded: 3/16 (1 day)
Contract Showing on Membership: 3/31 (15 days)
Points in account:

My sellers returned their documents this week and I was not notified. I wouldn’t expect you will get notified either. So I would call in, or just wire your funds in readiness. I lost a couple of days which I’m hoping is no great shakes in the overall scheme of things.

I would call Mason up, they were super helpful when I did.

Thanks for asking this. We are at the same point and I have no idea what comes next.

Short version is title/escrow will "close" and send the deed to be recorded (usually 1-7 days). Once recorded, the title company notifies DVC. According to "current" timeframes - you are looking at just over two weeks for DVC Admin to set up your membership and/or contract once received (you will receive two emails from DVC then - with your setup info), allow a day or two for DVC Services to put the points in that account.

Thanks for this! I wonder how long after money is sent and things are signed it will actually close.

I asked Cammy to let me know as well. I didn't hear for about a week so I just dropped an email to ask and then she let me know they had returned them the day before. If I hadn't emailed her, I do wonder if she would have let me know or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter