Closing Time!!

I called back today and got the activation code. Having logged on to my account, I just need to learn how to use it. I don't have any plans to use points until next June (and will probably wait until the 7 month mark), so I have a little time.

Grand Floridian
Broker: Buy and Sell DVC
Closing: Duncan

Offer made & accepted 8/3
Sent to ROFR: 8/4
Amended: 8/9
Resent back with signed amendments: 8/10
Passed ROFR:8/18
Received closing docs: 9/18
Sent closing docs back: 9/20
Buyer Documents received: 9/22
Seller Documents received: 9/21
Closed: 10/18
Deed Recorded: 10/23
Points loaded ???

87 days and counting.....

My broker just informed me the sellers documents are at First American and they are processing my closing, I am officially stalking my email bad right now :magnify:

I can’t even get my person from First American to tell me if they got my contract and large check (I did not finance) I sent last week. It was suposed to be over night mailing. My response to the email I sent was “we get lots of FedEx documents” when we go through them all we will let you know. I dare not ask if the seller has returned their documents yet lol!

I can’t even get my person from First American to tell me if they got my contract and large check (I did not finance) I sent last week. It was suposed to be over night mailing. My response to the email I sent was “we get lots of FedEx documents” when we go through them all we will let you know. I dare not ask if the seller has returned their documents yet lol!
I would call them instead of e-mail. Also, insist on speaking to a person who will help you and to not be put in voicemail. We just closed with First American every time I called they would put me in voicemail first and they never call you back, so I would just call right back and insist on a person and then they would get me somebody who would actually answer my simple questions about the status of my closing.
Also, our broker was Fidelity and they always knew the status when I would call them instead. They get some kind of either daily or realtime report from First American. Good luck!

I would call them instead of e-mail. Also, insist on speaking to a person who will help you and to not be put in voicemail. We just closed with First American every time I called they would put me in voicemail first and they never call you back, so I would just call right back and insist on a person and then they would get me somebody who would actually answer my simple questions about the status of my closing.
Also, our broker was Fidelity and they always knew the status when I would call them instead. They get some kind of either daily or realtime report from First American. Good luck!

I experienced the “no call back” after calling First American already. I had a question about buying from a foreign seller and taxes. I ended up calling Bonnie at Fidelity (she is awesome!) and she answered the question. I also had to call Fidelity to get my contract because it didn’t get emailed to me by First American, it must have gotton blocked or something. It was sent to them a week before I called so that was wasted time. I am glad I finally called or I would have never known that the contract was ready to sign. I didn’t know I could talk to someone else besides my assigned person at First American. I will make sure I get a person and not bother with the voicemail next time. I have been trying not to call and bother them, but after the contract problem I am thinking I need to stay on top of it and not worry if they think I am a pest lol!

Home: AKV
Offer made and accepted: 9/21
Sent to ROFR: 9/22
Passed ROFR: 10/4
Closing docs received: 10/20
Closing docs sent back: 10/20
Closing: 11/1
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Officially closed! Now to wait for my deed to show up on the website. I randomly looked at the sellers name to see if I could find my unit before it swaps to me... pretty sure they have 12 DVC properties, wonder if they are just professional re-sellers lol

Home: BWV
Offer made and accepted: 9/14
Sent to ROFR: 9/15
Passed ROFR: 9/22
Closing docs received: 10/18
Closing docs sent back: 10/19
Deed recorded:11/1
Points in my account:

Home: BWV
Offer made and accepted: 9/14
Sent to ROFR: 9/15
Passed ROFR: 9/22
Closing docs received: 10/18
Closing docs sent back: 10/19
Deed recorded:11/1
Points in my account:

Where and what do you put in to search for you deed on the site? Mine still hasn't been added I don't think and I closed today too.

If you click on search official records and then I put my info in the Search either party (last name, first name). It is also very specific- my last name has an apostrophe but it was filed with a space so if I search with the apostrophe, it won't show up. What broker did you use?

Where and what do you put in to search for you deed on the site? Mine still hasn't been added I don't think and I closed today too.
If you click on search official records and then I put my info in the Search either party (last name, first name). It is also very specific- my last name has an apostrophe but it was filed with a space so if I search with the apostrophe, it won't show up. What broker did you use?

The Timeshare Store and my title company was First American.

The Timeshare Store and my title company was First American.
Ok- I was just wondering bc I've used Fidelity (First American) and DVCResaleMarket (Magic Vacation) and both times I was notified early in the morning that I closed and my deed showed that it was filed at pretty much the same time. I wasn't sure if some companies notify you of closing prior to the deed being recorded.

What is the usual time for the seller (out of the country) to sign and return the contract? Almost two weeks now.

What is the usual time for the seller (out of the country) to sign and return the contract? Almost two weeks now.
I think that answer depends on if the seller has easy access to someone who can help notarize the documents. Foreign sellers would most likely go to the US embassy in their country and get the papers notarized, and if its easy to get an appointment then it should be fairly fast.

Ok- I was just wondering bc I've used Fidelity (First American) and DVCResaleMarket (Magic Vacation) and both times I was notified early in the morning that I closed and my deed showed that it was filed at pretty much the same time. I wasn't sure if some companies notify you of closing prior to the deed being recorded.

Ya no idea, still no deed on the site for me. It's weird because it seems like almost everyone in here sees the deed on it the same day they're told it closed. Oh well I just have to have patience I guess!

Ya no idea, still no deed on the site for me. It's weird because it seems like almost everyone in here sees the deed on it the same day they're told it closed. Oh well I just have to have patience I guess!

Do you know for sure that the title company have received the sellers documents? My deed was recorded around the day after the sellers documents was received.

Do you know for sure that the title company have received the sellers documents? My deed was recorded around the day after the sellers documents was received.

2 days ago my broker stated that they had the sellers documents at the title company and were working on closing. I got an email from First American yesterday morning stating we had closed and the transaction was finalized.

2 days ago my broker stated that they had the sellers documents at the title company and were working on closing. I got an email from First American yesterday morning stating we had closed and the transaction was finalized.

I would guesstimate that the recording is just around the corner then. Have you called and asked when they expect to record the deed?

I would guesstimate that the recording is just around the corner then. Have you called and asked when they expect to record the deed?

Ya my guess is that unlike most I was told about the closing before the deed being recorded is all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter