Closing Time!!

Still waiting for membership to be transferred. I got MS and asked to be transferred to MA. They said our info was received on the 19th (we closed on 10/16). They are currently processing paperwork received on the 17th. It will be official by the weekend! Yay!

The timeline for our BWV resale purchase through DVC Sales using First American Title:

Offer made/accepted: 9/14
Sent to ROFR: 9/15
Passed ROFR: 9/22
Closing docs received: 10/4
Closing docs sent back by both parties: 10/11
Closed: 10/12
Deed recorded:10/12
Called for login (points in account): 10/23

From offer to deed recorded - only 28 days, which I thought was pretty fast for resale. From offer to login call/available points - 39 days.

If they are working on contracts that they received on the 17th today, I'll start calling on my contract on Thursday, since they received the notification from American Title last Friday that the contract had been recorded in my name.

Where on the dashboard do I go to order membership cards? And can I get one with my Husband's name (online only has my name but we are both on the contract). I am guessing it just has mine since I have always been the one on our Disney login and I used the same email as I have always used for the My Disney Experience website. I am sad, I got white, I had hoped I would be in that small majority that had the issue and got blue!

I wonder if everybody gets one. We already got our welcome letter but that was it. Did you get it at the same time? We also couldn’t order membership cards (just print) so I’m thinking maybe not....

Oh this makes sense now... I just posted asking how to print the cards as I can't find that option anywhere.

Where on the dashboard do I go to order membership cards? And can I get one with my Husband's name (online only has my name but we are both on the contract). I am guessing it just has mine since I have always been the one on our Disney login and I used the same email as I have always used for the My Disney Experience website. I am sad, I got white, I had hoped I would be in that small majority that had the issue and got blue!

Oh this makes sense now... I just posted asking how to print the cards as I can't find that option anywhere.
Yeh, I don't think that option is available anymore. I got in on a fluke, I think.

I closed on the 20th and called yesterday to see if the ID number had been issued. It had that day but they said the activation code would take maybe two more days

Home: AKV
Offer made: 08/30
Offer accepted: 08/30
Sent to ROFR: 09/06
Passed ROFR: 09/14
Closing docs received: 10/16
Closing docs sent back: 10/20
Seller’s closing docs received by title co: 10/20
Buyer’s closing docs received: 10/23
Closed: 10/27
Deed recorded: 10/27
Points in my account:

One more step to go!

Last edited:
If there is a problem discovered in estoppel, it would likely mean an addendum would be added to the contract to rectify any discrepancies between the state of the account and what was represented in the contract. An example would be if banked or current year points that were supposed to be there aren't. Some contracts will pre-assign a value to those lost points and that would be remedied that way. Other contracts would require the title company to reach out to Disney to figure out if the contract would need to go back through ROFR (if there were more points than were reported).

In your case, with a stripped contract, you have little to worry about in that regard, as not even the owner has access to the 2019 points.

Just got the contract Oct. 25. I am wondering if it took a bit longer because the seller was from another country. All signed and mailed to title company. On to the next step!

What happens next are the five stages of Resale (Part I).

1-Denial - "But I passed ROFR two weeks ago, surely the title company is not just sitting on it."
2-Anger - "OK, it's been three weeks and no one has told me anything. Every time I reach out they friggin' tell me I'm still within my contractual closing time. I hate these people!"
3-Bargaining - "Maybe if I email the broker kindly to ask why the title company hasn't processed my closing documents, they'll be on my side through this!"
4-Depression - "I'm never going to close on this God-forsaken resale contract. I should've bought at CCV direct."
5-Acceptance - "I GOT MY CLOSING DOCS TODAY! WOO HOO!"

And then comes the five stages of Resale (Part II), when you wait for the seller to send back closing docs or the title company to file with the Orange County Comptroller's Office and notify Disney. Rinse and repeat, replacing "ROFR" with "CLOSING" and "CLOSING" with "POINTS."

At the three week mark I called my agent at Fidelity. It was a good thing that I did, because she said it was emailed to me the week before by First American. I searched spam and my email, it was not there. They forwarded the contract and I signed it and sent it right back. So don’t hesitate to check if it seems like it is taking a while. Question: How do you know when the seller has returned the contract? Do you keep checking the comptroller’s office to see it it is filed?

At the three week mark I called my agent at Fidelity. It was a good thing that I did, because she said it was emailed to me the week before by First American. I searched spam and my email, it was not there. They forwarded the contract and I signed it and sent it right back. So don’t hesitate to check if it seems like it is taking a while. Question: How do you know when the seller has returned the contract? Do you keep checking the comptroller’s office to see it it is filed?
I just email my broker to ask if the seller has returned their documents (Mine has not :headache: You should get notified when you close and then your deed will be filed on the comptroller's site. (Though I admit I still check it to see maybe by pure luck it was filed and I was not notified!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter