(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any particular section of the Bay Lake side of the CR more desirable to be; i.e., north or south end, etc. Just wondering, since it seems that from what I've been reading, everyone staying there seems to be getting a TPV room, which will leave the Bay Lake side completely open for availability when we arrive. Sounds like we'll be able to request what we want at check-in, so would like to know people's preferences (for the few who have actually stayed on that side). ;)

WDWKOOK so far I prefer the 12th Floor Atrium club. Our room has connecting doors and I can hear the family next door. I found with the rooms on the 12th floor they were more sound proof and we couldn't hear anything once in our room. The concierge on this floor are wonderful and very helpful and the room is spacious and very clean. There is nothing wrong with the 14th floor but for some reason we just really prefer the Atrium Club. Trying to upload pictures now and will post shortly. If you want pictures of anything else up here let me know and I will get them and post them for you to put on the page. :-)
Thank you for posting your photos! I'm going to hyperlink to them in the CL section on the first page:)

Interesting about the connecting doors. We always request to not have one because they transmit so much noise, but it's never been an issue in the Tower rooms like it has at other resorts. The Tower Club doors must be similar to the other resorts and perhaps thinner?

Is there any particular section of the Bay Lake side of the CR more desirable to be; i.e., north or south end, etc. Just wondering, since it seems that from what I've been reading, everyone staying there seems to be getting a TPV room, which will leave the Bay Lake side completely open for availability when we arrive. Sounds like we'll be able to request what we want at check-in, so would like to know people's preferences (for the few who have actually stayed on that side). ;)
What room category did you book? Why will you be able to request a view at check-in? Rooms are usually assigned about 3-5 days prior to arrival.

We always book a BLV and I request to be far from Chef Mickey's. That is usually the only BLV request guests make and sometimes a high floor if they aren't staying on a CL floor.

What room category did you book? Why will you be able to request a view at check-in?

I booked a standard Bay Lake view room, so wasn't going to request a view of course. But now I think if they do have us assigned over the Chef Mickey area, I'll request to be moved closer to the opposite end. Thank you.

I booked a standard Bay Lake view room, so wasn't going to request a view of course. But now I think if they do have us assigned over the Chef Mickey area, I'll request to be moved closer to the opposite end. Thank you.
If you booked a Bay Lake View room then you will be in the Tower with a Bay Lake View. You must book a TPV room to get a TPV (MK) view room in the Tower. The only time a view is not booked is for a convention reservation and for a Tower Club Level (14th floor) reservation.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation, GovieMom.

16$ for water what size? And I'm staying in the grand villa with a lake view where is the best view, will I see fireworks from my room?

WDWKOOK so far I prefer the 12th Floor Atrium club. Our room has connecting doors and I can hear the family next door. I found with the rooms on the 12th floor they were more sound proof and we couldn't hear anything once in our room. The concierge on this floor are wonderful and very helpful and the room is spacious and very clean. There is nothing wrong with the 14th floor but for some reason we just really prefer the Atrium Club. Trying to upload pictures now and will post shortly. If you want pictures of anything else up here let me know and I will get them and post them for you to put on the page. :-)

Thanks for posting pics!

16$ for water what size? And I'm staying in the grand villa with a lake view where is the best view, will I see fireworks from my room?

Not sure about the water but thought someone mentioned a case was $16???

The Grand Villas are INCREDIBLE!! We stayed in a TPV room a couple years ago. The Lake View rooms are on the INSIDE of the "C". They are strictly a view of the lake (and look down onto the BLT pool). But, I BELIEVE you may be able to go out your 2nd floor exit and walk down the hall to the TOTW Lounge/outdoor observation deck. :thumbsup2

ENJOY!!

I didn't really pay that much attention as I wasn't buying it but I'd say it was normal 16 oz bottles. Maybe .5 liters but something right there around 16 ounces.

I didn't really pay that much attention as I wasn't buying it but I'd say it was normal 16 oz bottles. Maybe .5 liters but something right there around 16 ounces.

I don't think so. I've seen that same case at other villa resorts, and I think they're 8oz bottles. It's a terrible deal, only maybe okay if you compare to $2.50 per individual bottle. The best deal are the gallons if they have them.

We are booked in a Garden View Garden Wing room. We asked for a patio in our reservation so obviously we'll check that on this online check in list. But what other option would be beneficial to us in the type of room/location of room that we have booked??

This is what shows up for online check in:

The odd numbered rooms on MK view will give you a view of the castle from your bed. :goodvibes

I would like to buy water and beer at store in contemp but if too expensive then I will order from from the delivery grocer just trying to make everything simple. Will not have a car and wanted water to take to parks. Any good ideas?

I would like to buy water and beer at store in contemp but if too expensive then I will order from from the delivery grocer just trying to make everything simple. Will not have a car and wanted water to take to parks. Any good ideas?

It would be cheaper just to get from a deliver service. Like I said before a six pack was $15. A case from a delivery service is a little less than $30. Even factoring in the delivery charge it's cheaper to have it delivered.

What we did was pack a couple plastic bottles of whiskey in our checked luggage. Don't know if something from the liquor store will work for you. thats the best way to go.

Walt Disney World resorts will begin offering international flight check-in service:

Art of Animation, Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Polynesian Resort, and Wilderness Lodge - January 27

Boardwalk Resort, Old Key West Resort, Saratoga Springs, Yacht & Beach Club - February 3

Pop Century Resort - February 10

Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs - February 17

Port Orleans Resort - February 24

All-Star Movies Resort - March 3

All-Star Music, All-Star Sport - March 10

Caribbean Beach - March 17

Another option would be to walk to the Magic Kingdom bus stop and take a bus to the Boardwalk Resort. From there, walk .25 miles to the Hess Express and buy whatever beer, water or soft drinks you want, then return to the Magic Kingdom Bus stop via the Disney bus.

The yellow circle is the Boardwalk bus stop and the red circle is the Hess Express.

hessmap_zpsfd0b82d7.jpg

We are booked in a Garden View Garden Wing room. We asked for a patio in our reservation so obviously we'll check that on this online check in list. But what other option would be beneficial to us in the type of room/location of room that we have booked??

I'm curious about this too... We have been trying to book a Standard View room for months and months but there is never any availability. We have a Garden View on our reservation now so I might as well enjoy it, right?! :)
Sorry I couldn't help with an answer...

Just returned from an amazing 3-way split stay and have to share! I am not a DVC member, but for the last leg of my trip I paid out of pocket for a MK view 1 bedroom villa at BLT. I checked in online about 10 days before, my only request being the highest floor possible. Upon arrival, I realized that we were given a 2 bedroom on the 10th floor! I tried calling down to the front desk to make sure there wasn't a mistake, and mentioned that I had requested and paid for one night in a 1 bedroom back in March of last year. They said something to the tune of a 1 bedroom not being an option to book?? I looked it up on the Disney website and was definitely only paying the 1 bedroom rate, but my reservation had changed to say 2 bedrooms. Did I get some pixie dust? It was so luxurious for only 2 people! My best friend got her own room and bathroom with a castle view from her bed, I think I spoiled vacations for her forever! It was SO HARD to ever leave the room, we just kept staring out the windows. Too bad it was only warm for one of the nights we were there, otherwise I would have kept the sliding doors open the entire time... I can't wait to go back!

Just returned from an amazing 3-way split stay and have to share! I am not a DVC member, but for the last leg of my trip I paid out of pocket for a MK view 1 bedroom villa at BLT. I checked in online about 10 days before, my only request being the highest floor possible. Upon arrival, I realized that we were given a 2 bedroom on the 10th floor! I tried calling down to the front desk to make sure there wasn't a mistake, and mentioned that I had requested and paid for one night in a 1 bedroom back in March of last year. They said something to the tune of a 1 bedroom not being an option to book?? I looked it up on the Disney website and was definitely only paying the 1 bedroom rate, but my reservation had changed to say 2 bedrooms. Did I get some pixie dust? It was so luxurious for only 2 people! My best friend got her own room and bathroom with a castle view from her bed, I think I spoiled vacations for her forever! It was SO HARD to ever leave the room, we just kept staring out the windows. Too bad it was only warm for one of the nights we were there, otherwise I would have kept the sliding doors open the entire time... I can't wait to go back!
Amazing! We are staying there for the first time in November!!! Pass some of that dust on over! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter