(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiwdisney and EveClark

It really is the luck of the draw what room you get. With over 40 stays some rooms we have loved and others not so much.

GW wing std rooms really have a bad view. We were just in a hospitality suite but was std view because that one had 2queens and the garden view one had a king. We could see a brush covered 3 story high wall and parking lot. We could see the monorail but really for the price difference a garden view would be better.

I like to go to google or bing maps and play around with it. Get familiar with the buildings layout so you have an idea of what appeals to you. The side facing the pool was nice (previous trip) but originally we were on the lake side. When we got to room and saw not a king I called and requested we move. They reassigned us and changed the key and we didn't have to go to lobby, just to our new room.

If you arrive before 3pm and don't like area given you can request to wait. You have to decide if waiting is really worth it. If you arrive 6pm or later your chances will not be as good because all the requests during the day will already have occurred.

My opinion. If I went back to GW wing I would be happy anywhere.

Rooms close to main building have less walking, and close to laundry and elevator but less desirable view. (See lake and pool more from a distance)

Rooms in center have a little longer walk but better view pool and lake side.

Rooms the farthest away have most walking with some of the view are really good of the lake.

If you don't like stairs request 1/2 floor. The elevators are TINY and not many of them. We used just used stairs and we were on 3rd floor so.... Lots of exercise.

It really is a nice spot. The pool area is never crowded. Sandy beach is relaxing. There are 2 hot tubs and usually not busy too. It is fun watching all the action on the lake and yet so close to lobby,shops and monorail:cloud9:

Just got back from an amazing stay in the garden wing. Everything was wonderful, room was clean, walk to MK was perfect and the cast members were very helpful with transportation during monorail down times.

Thank you for all the wonderful advice!

Just got back from an amazing stay in the garden wing. Everything was wonderful, room was clean, walk to MK was perfect and the cast members were very helpful with transportation during monorail down times.

:goodvibes

When staying at BLT on points do we check in at the Contemporary or BLT? We will be arriving by private car around 2 pm

When staying at BLT on points do we check in at the Contemporary or BLT? We will be arriving by private car around 2 pm

If you are not coming in on Magical Express, you can check in at BLT. They have a small check in desk there for non-ME guests. If you arrive by ME, you check in at the CR check in desk.

Another option would be to walk to the Magic Kingdom bus stop and take a bus to the Boardwalk Resort. From there, walk .25 miles to the Hess Express and buy whatever beer, water or soft drinks you want, then return to the Magic Kingdom Bus stop via the Disney bus.

The yellow circle is the Boardwalk bus stop and the red circle is the Hess Express.

hessmap_zpsfd0b82d7.jpg
That map would be perfect for my BWI thread's section on the HESS. Would you mind if I post it there with credit to you?

I'm curious about this too... We have been trying to book a Standard View room for months and months but there is never any availability. We have a Garden View on our reservation now so I might as well enjoy it, right?! :)
Sorry I couldn't help with an answer...
The Garden Wing/GV rooms that front Bay Lake have amazing views. Any of those rooms would be fantastic.

Just returned from an amazing 3-way split stay and have to share! I am not a DVC member, but for the last leg of my trip I paid out of pocket for a MK view 1 bedroom villa at BLT. I checked in online about 10 days before, my only request being the highest floor possible. Upon arrival, I realized that we were given a 2 bedroom on the 10th floor! I tried calling down to the front desk to make sure there wasn't a mistake, and mentioned that I had requested and paid for one night in a 1 bedroom back in March of last year. They said something to the tune of a 1 bedroom not being an option to book?? I looked it up on the Disney website and was definitely only paying the 1 bedroom rate, but my reservation had changed to say 2 bedrooms. Did I get some pixie dust? It was so luxurious for only 2 people! My best friend got her own room and bathroom with a castle view from her bed, I think I spoiled vacations for her forever! It was SO HARD to ever leave the room, we just kept staring out the windows. Too bad it was only warm for one of the nights we were there, otherwise I would have kept the sliding doors open the entire time... I can't wait to go back!
What an amazing surprise. The shorter the stay, the more likely you'll receive an upgrade. Congratulations! Upgrades will be noted in your reservation/MDX since the Room Assignor actually assigns the room and any category change will appear in your booking (for a cash reservation).

That's great to read and will you be returning to CR on your next trip or trying a different resort?

That's great to read and will you be returning to CR on your next trip or trying a different resort?

I think we will! We would still like to try the other MK resorts but you just can't beat being so close to MK! We were able to spend so much extra time at the park on the last day because we knew it would only take us 15-20 min to get back to CR. That was just perfect!

Ok so I'm really indecisive... I changed our reservation back to the Contemporary, TPV room. I promise I'm not changing it again after this! :)

If you are not coming in on Magical Express, you can check in at BLT. They have a small check in desk there for non-ME guests. If you arrive by ME, you check in at the CR check in desk.

Thanks! Checking in Tuesday and am super excited. I just have to pack for 2 adults and a baby today :)

Please add me to the Log-orail

August 31-Sept 7 for Experience Conference/NOJ

Thanks, Kook :)

We are staying at BLT during resort monorail construction in March. Any suggestions for travel to Polynesian for dinner as the monorail will not be running from 11am - 7pm? Are taxis available in front of BLT?

We are staying at BLT during resort monorail construction in March. Any suggestions for travel to Polynesian for dinner as the monorail will not be running from 11am - 7pm? Are taxis available in front of BLT?

Walk to MK and take boat to poly or there will be bus service running the resort monorail route which you can pick up at the Contemporary bus stop.

I think we will! We would still like to try the other MK resorts but you just can't beat being so close to MK! We were able to spend so much extra time at the park on the last day because we knew it would only take us 15-20 min to get back to CR. That was just perfect!

I'm dying to see your trip report - I just stalked through your PTR. We are heading to CR in 3 weeks with a double stroller and a new brother too!

Doing the happy dance!!! :yay::woohoo::cool1::banana: We are OFFICIAL! Just got our confirmation that we will be staying at BLT deluxe studio with Lake View for 10 nights!! September 1-September 11!!!!! This will be an anniversary trip for DH and I and we cannot wait! This will be our last big vacation before we buy a house and think about kids. :scared1: LOL Time to REALLY start planning now.

We had a dinner reservation at GF during the downtime and I asked concierge for a recommended travel method and they provided a taxi (yay pixie dust!) I would ask them just in case. Taxi was fast though. They seem to have them readily on stand by.

Do you just pick up the bus where you would normally get a bus. Do they run it constantly?

Thanks.

Hopefully someone is there now and can confirm.......I have to assume that the buses will be located where the regular bus stop is, AND running constantly.:thumbsup2

It would be cheaper just to get from a deliver service. Like I said before a six pack was $15. A case from a delivery service is a little less than $30. Even factoring in the delivery charge it's cheaper to have it delivered.

What we did was pack a couple plastic bottles of whiskey in our checked luggage. Don't know if something from the liquor store will work for you. thats the best way to go.

For bottles of water, you can order it online through Staples and they will deliver it to your resort. (There are instructions on how to do this if you Google it) We've done it before and it was waiting for us at the resort. MUCH cheaper than buying in the parks.

Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!