(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best thing to do last day if staying at blt.need to catch me at 1230 and I already have chef Mickey planned another day and will I need to make reservations .

What is the best thing to do last day if staying at blt.need to catch me at 1230 and I already have chef Mickey planned another day and will I need to make reservations .

I like to take the boat over to WL and walk around exploring the grounds, lobby and shops:)
I like the RF for a quick lunch too. Great seating outside if weather permits.

Does anyone know if you can buy a case of water from BLT market and how much does it cost.

Does anyone know if you can buy a case of water from BLT market and how much does it cost.

Unless things have changed since 2013, no, you cannot purchase a case. I believe they only carry 2 liter bottles and maybe 12 oz individuals??

We take a car service to and from the airport and stop to get cases of water...(and food, and booze:blush:). :thumbsup2

Editing to say that years ago we were able to purchase cases thru Staples....even got free shipping somehow! I wonder if there are any services like that now (we have also used Garden Grocer.....and there's also We Go Shop)

There was water in the fourth floor market of the contemporary. Think it was $16.

Just looked at the first page of this Thread where it shows pictures of what's available in the stores. I see a picture that shows Gallons of water, and on shelf below possibly cases......but can't see pricing....sorry. :rolleyes2

Just looked at the first page of this Thread where it shows pictures of what's available in the stores. I see a picture that shows Gallons of water, and on shelf below possibly cases......but can't see pricing....sorry. :rolleyes2

Yes! This picture
IMG_2318.jpg

There also looked to be gallon jugs over in the medicine area....I'm hoping these were bottles of distilled water since I have horrible sinus issues and using a neti pot seems to be a way of life for me!

Just checked in to The Contemporary, on the 14th floor in room 4912. We always stay on the 12th floor but we love the room on the 14th. Will post pictures later.

We just got back from a split stay, and had a question about CR buses. It was a disaster Thursday 9 AM trying to get to HS. When we went to get the bus, there were quite a bit of people standing haphazardly as there are no lines for buses. We waited about 5 minutes, and no buses came through. Then an AK bus came, and a family got on. Waited a bit longer, then another AK bus came, no one getting on. Then, a DTD bus came, no one got on. Then another DTD bus came, and luckily right behind that was the HS bus (it was a good 20/25 minutes). They finally jam pack this bus, and as we're pulling out, another AK bus was coming. To top it off, we were then supposed to go to the Poly and GF, but we bypassed because it was stuffed full.

My problem with this situation is we got better bus service at AOA. We're paying that much money, and there are no dedicated lines, and you share buses with other resorts. To top it off, there was a CM in the bus loading area. Why wasn't he getting some buses coming when he realized how many people were waiting?? I realize they say about every 20 minutes, and the other we may have just missed, but with a CM in the bus area of a deluxe resort I expected more.

Is it always this horrible, or was it just a fluke? We went to MK the next day and just walked, so didn't experience the buses again. I was just in complete shock that spending money on a deluxe resort you have to share a bus and stand in a maze of people who then all tried shoving their way on the bus (a few families still had to wait for another one).

We just got back from a split stay, and had a question about CR buses. It was a disaster Thursday 9 AM trying to get to HS. When we went to get the bus, there were quite a bit of people standing haphazardly as there are no lines for buses. We waited about 5 minutes, and no buses came through. Then an AK bus came, and a family got on. Waited a bit longer, then another AK bus came, no one getting on. Then, a DTD bus came, no one got on. Then another DTD bus came, and luckily right behind that was the HS bus (it was a good 20/25 minutes). They finally jam pack this bus, and as we're pulling out, another AK bus was coming. To top it off, we were then supposed to go to the Poly and GF, but we bypassed because it was stuffed full.

My problem with this situation is we got better bus service at AOA. We're paying that much money, and there are no dedicated lines, and you share buses with other resorts. To top it off, there was a CM in the bus loading area. Why wasn't he getting some buses coming when he realized how many people were waiting?? I realize they say about every 20 minutes, and the other we may have just missed, but with a CM in the bus area of a deluxe resort I expected more.

Is it always this horrible, or was it just a fluke? We went to MK the next day and just walked, so didn't experience the buses again. I was just in complete shock that spending money on a deluxe resort you have to share a bus and stand in a maze of people who then all tried shoving their way on the bus (a few families still had to wait for another one).

I don't (hope) it's not the norm, although we had a very similar experience when we stayed at CR a couple years ago and again with the DHS bus. We are always early for rope drops and the rest of my family always complains, because I make them hurry up to wait etc. We actually ended up not making rope drop, due to how long we had to wait for a bus. It took forever. They also had a CM standing with a clipboard at the bus stop. He would just keep telling us that a bus would be coming shortly. The only thing I can think is that he was purely there to observe, but man it was frustrating.

We've also had similar bus issues at the CR, but since we spend most of our time in MK and EPCOT it doesn't bother us as much as some. One night coming back from DTD it took us over 2 hours to get back! Crazy! I agree that Disney needs to do something about the bus situation at all the deluxe resorts. Unfortunately, its not just a CR issue.

Heading to the Contemporary for the first time next month (Feb 23-27). DH has a conference in Orlando and this was the only hotel his company could get rooms at (such a shame!). So I'm tagging along with the kids.

Has anyone had any experience using the daybed for a toddler with bedrails? My son sleeps in a crib at home (haven't transitioned to a bed yet) but the pack and play is a bit small, and I am considering trying the daybed with a bedrail.

Thoughts?

Just checked in to The Contemporary, on the 14th floor in room 4912. We always stay on the 12th floor but we love the room on the 14th. Will post pictures later.
You'll have to tell us how you like Tower Club Vs. Atrium Club. Have you noticed any conventioneers and/or upgrades?

That sounds like a bad experience and I don't blame you for walking to the MK instead.

Last month (and August), we had some bad bus experiences from WL to Epcot/DHS/AK. (We've stopped going to DtD because it's excruciatingly long). Each park is responsible for dispatching its own buses. I'm guessing that this isn't an exact science and is based in part on predicted crowd levels and resort occupancy numbers, but this is just a guess on my part. Even when there is a CM present at the bus stops, it doesn't seem to help much in getting buses to the resort more quickly. We've watched them call dispatch and heard them update guests, but we've still had to wait sometimes over 30 mins. for some buses from WL and other resorts.

Often, the WL bus will go to the GF next where it's often a complete mess of people jockeying for position and trying to board to DHS or AK. The bus lines get so bad at the GF, that we spent over 15 minutes once last month on the bus just trying to move into the GF bus depot from near the gate. I think there are some big bus challenges to some extent at all the resorts. It seems hit or miss and unpredictable.

Is this a standard room? I would love to see pictures of the room, especially the beddings. :)

Is this a standard room? I would love to see pictures of the room, especially the beddings. :)
4912 is a Standard King TPV room:

c9641a4b-4854-4040-afd8-771cf7b96ce7.jpg

I have links, courtesy of LuvMySoldier07, to photos of the identical room next door, 4911, in the Club Level/Suite section of the thread HERE. The links are at the bottom.

4912 is a Standard King TPV room:

c9641a4b-4854-4040-afd8-771cf7b96ce7.jpg

I have links, courtesy of LuvMySoldier07, to photos of the identical room next door, 4911, in the Club Level/Suite section of the thread HERE. The links are at the bottom.

Thank you, Kook. :thumbsup2

They did a nice job. I think these rooms were more than overdue for a rehab.

WDWKOOK so far I prefer the 12th Floor Atrium club. Our room has connecting doors and I can hear the family next door. I found with the rooms on the 12th floor they were more sound proof and we couldn't hear anything once in our room. The concierge on this floor are wonderful and very helpful and the room is spacious and very clean. There is nothing wrong with the 14th floor but for some reason we just really prefer the Atrium Club. Trying to upload pictures now and will post shortly. If you want pictures of anything else up here let me know and I will get them and post them for you to put on the page. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter