(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm really indecisive... I changed our reservation back to the Contemporary, TPV room. I promise I'm not changing it again after this! :)
Are you sure you don't need to book a CR/WL split:scratchin

Thanks! Checking in Tuesday and am super excited. I just have to pack for 2 adults and a baby today :)
We'd love to hear all about your view and trip, when you get a chance. Hope you're having a great time.

Please add me to the Log-orail

August 31-Sept 7 for Experience Conference/NOJ

Thanks, Kook :)
Yippee!! What's NOJ?

Doing the happy dance!!! :yay::woohoo::cool1::banana: We are OFFICIAL! Just got our confirmation that we will be staying at BLT deluxe studio with Lake View for 10 nights!! September 1-September 11!!!!! This will be an anniversary trip for DH and I and we cannot wait! This will be our last big vacation before we buy a house and think about kids. :scared1: LOL Time to REALLY start planning now.
YAY! Just make sure you include some trips to WDW in between that house and those kids;)

not at all
:thumbsup2

...Yippee!! What's NOJ?...

Night of Joy. A Christian music night at MK.

2014 Night of Joy

Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World® Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
TBA, September 2014
407-W-DISNEY (934-7639)
Some of the most talented singers in contemporary Christian music take the stage at Disney's Magic Kingdom for 2014 Night of Joy, a magical celebration full of joy and inspiration. Live performances will take place between 7 PM and 12:30 AM each night. The Night of Joy begins after regular park operating hours, with concerts and select park attractions available exclusively for the enjoyment of event ticket holders.

For more information about 2014 Night of Joy, visit www.nightofjoy.com.

Yes, NOJ = Night of Joy, and it is an extension of the Experience Conference which is held right after Labor Day each Sept.

Hi there. It is all going well. We have a 2br - it is gorgeous. We are inside the circle with a lake view. I don't live being inside the circle but it was the room ready and we needed to get my baby into the room to wind down.

I LOVE the easy walk to MK. We are basically planning to spend the morning there several days this week before family comes in tomorrow night and we head out to Epcot and AK later this week.

As for the busses in lieu of the monorail - it is not ideal for my kid in a stroller who goes to bed early (so the evening re opening isn't much assistance to us). My mom is in an evc this week because of a leg injury and that is highly annoying by bus. We had a dinner res at the poly Tuesday night and had to bus back. The busses come every 10 minutes but obviously an evc on a bus is annoying for everyone involved.

Exhausted after 2 busy days. Going to see if I can get to sleep before the extra loud light parade. (Really- that is just too loud so late at night when you remember that people like to sleep and have sleeping children as well) good night!

YAY! Just make sure you include some trips to WDW in between that house and those kids;)

Trust me I would love to!!! We will have to do a much more budget friendly vaca next time, so this one we are going more "all out" with some great dinners and some little extras. I cannot wait! Thinking about doing a trip report, maybe starting once crowds calendars come out.

kind of bummed :( DH's convention coordinator booked them rooms at CR (the convention is offsite) but Disney changed it to CSR because of availability so I'm not staying at CR anymore. BOO :( was looking forward to it. Someone reassure me that CSR is good too.

Just curious, are there many room requests I can make for a studio lake view? After looking at the BLT room photo thread, I am thinking it is just a high or low floor? Which I would prefer to have a high floor. Ideally I would like to be on the outer arch facing the lake rather than inside facing the pool. So those are the odd number rooms I think? I believe I was reading it correctly. Thanks for any info!

kind of bummed :( DH's convention coordinator booked them rooms at CR (the convention is offsite) but Disney changed it to CSR because of availability so I'm not staying at CR anymore. BOO :( was looking forward to it. Someone reassure me that CSR is good too.

Check out my signature, I have been to CSR many times:goodvibes

It is NOT Cr but has many great features.

The grounds are truly gorgeous! At night the lights along the lake are really beautiful.

The busses have always run well for me here. It is centrally located so all parks have relatively short travel times.:thumbsup2

The Dig Site is really nice. I love the slide(even at my age and I have made grandparents go on it too!) The pool water is usually nice and warm. It is handy to get a quick lunch at the pool and the hot tub is huge.:)

The rooms are nice sized and the sliding wooden door to separate bath area is a nice feature. There isn't a rolling table here like many of the other resorts so use your ironing board if you need to feed a kid while they sit on bed to watch tv etc.

The outdoor bar adjacent to the lake is my favorite spot with all of those fun chairs to sit in and the best Sangria's too! (best on property)

The food court can be tricky so just head over to CSR thread and read first page for current info.

The lobby is pretty, lots of food options, large store for shopping too!

Hopefully you will have a chance to explore the grounds for all of the hidden treasures. Water fountains, cactus, flowers, beaches, bridges, patios, turtles swimming in the lake, palm trees, :cloud9:

Feel better now?

Just curious, are there many room requests I can make for a studio lake view? After looking at the BLT room photo thread, I am thinking it is just a high or low floor? Which I would prefer to have a high floor. Ideally I would like to be on the outer arch facing the lake rather than inside facing the pool. So those are the odd number rooms I think? I believe I was reading it correctly. Thanks for any info!

Unfortunately they don't let you pick inside vs outside of C. Online check in really isn't very helpful. Request a high floor and just know that the even numbers are outside and odd inside. If you get the wrong one at check ask if other choice available. (You would want rooms ending in lower even numbers. The higher ones like 42,44 are on end facing CR.)

Work2play has a thread on DVC section with pics of the views from the rooms.

Unfortunately they don't let you pick inside vs outside of C. Online check in really isn't very helpful. Request a high floor and just know that the even numbers are outside and odd inside. If you get the wrong one at check ask if other choice available. (You would want rooms ending in lower even numbers. The higher ones like 42,44 are on end facing CR.)

Work2play has a thread on DVC section with pics of the views from the rooms.

Thanks, you answered my question before I asked it. I also have a studio booked at BLT, Lake View. I have called in a request for a high floor and even number. I have been on the DVC thread, but it is HUGE :faint: and I was completely overwhelmed, although the folk on there were really helpful. I have decided to just go with what we get. It's our first time staying there and I'm really excited so in the big picture, I figure it's going to be really hard to dampen our spirits because of room location.

getting more excited! Reading up reviews and looking at pictures.

THanks!!

Check out my signature, I have been to CSR many times:goodvibes

It is NOT Cr but has many great features.

The grounds are truly gorgeous! At night the lights along the lake are really beautiful.

The busses have always run well for me here. It is centrally located so all parks have relatively short travel times.:thumbsup2

The Dig Site is really nice. I love the slide(even at my age and I have made grandparents go on it too!) The pool water is usually nice and warm. It is handy to get a quick lunch at the pool and the hot tub is huge.:)

The rooms are nice sized and the sliding wooden door to separate bath area is a nice feature. There isn't a rolling table here like many of the other resorts so use your ironing board if you need to feed a kid while they sit on bed to watch tv etc.

The outdoor bar adjacent to the lake is my favorite spot with all of those fun chairs to sit in and the best Sangria's too! (best on property)

The food court can be tricky so just head over to CSR thread and read first page for current info.

The lobby is pretty, lots of food options, large store for shopping too!

Hopefully you will have a chance to explore the grounds for all of the hidden treasures. Water fountains, cactus, flowers, beaches, bridges, patios, turtles swimming in the lake, palm trees, :cloud9:

Feel better now?

Am interested in the grand villas at Bay lake tower in October. looked on the Disney booking site and its not there. I guess the only way is to rent points? is that correct? thanks everyone!

Am interested in the grand villas at Bay lake tower in October. looked on the Disney booking site and its not there. I guess the only way is to rent points? is that correct? thanks everyone!

You probably need to book that at eleven months out with points. October is popular because of easy access to F&W at Epcot and MNSSHP at MK.

You probably need to book that at eleven months out with points. October is popular because of easy access to F&W at Epcot and MNSSHP at MK.

Thank you so much for your response. We used to own at VWL but had to sell. I would love to own at BLT someday!

Hopefully someone is there now and can confirm.......I have to assume that the buses will be located where the regular bus stop is, AND running constantly.:thumbsup2
Just returned :-( and to answer your question, yes, the busses are at the regular bus stop area. There is a person with a clipboard and walkie talkie staffing it. Check in with them and they will tell you how long until the next bus. We never waited long...maybe ten to fifteen minutes at most. While the busses were great, we learned to use the ferry and walk from the hotel to MK. It was GREAT!

Hi there. It is all going well. We have a 2br - it is gorgeous. We are inside the circle with a lake view. I don't live being inside the circle but it was the room ready and we needed to get my baby into the room to wind down.

I LOVE the easy walk to MK. We are basically planning to spend the morning there several days this week before family comes in tomorrow night and we head out to Epcot and AK later this week.

As for the busses in lieu of the monorail - it is not ideal for my kid in a stroller who goes to bed early (so the evening re opening isn't much assistance to us). My mom is in an evc this week because of a leg injury and that is highly annoying by bus. We had a dinner res at the poly Tuesday night and had to bus back. The busses come every 10 minutes but obviously an evc on a bus is annoying for everyone involved.

Exhausted after 2 busy days. Going to see if I can get to sleep before the extra loud light parade. (Really- that is just too loud so late at night when you remember that people like to sleep and have sleeping children as well) good night!
I hope you were able to relax some. The EWP is late at BLT/CR - 10:10. I suppose you'd hear it less if you were on the MK side of BLT and CR, but that BLV is gorgeous during the day:love:

Can GVs be booked with cash after 11 months by calling? I don't recall ever seeing them on the Disney booking site, but you also don't see most of the CL suites listed, you have to call to book those.

125 more days til I get to check out BLT!
You're getting closer:goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=23013148&postcount=17

Hi all, wondering about this map here that shows the 5 regular rooms on the 14th floor... I'm booked on the CL 12th floor TPV but was offered a deep discount to go up on the 14th floor and roll the dice on the coveted TPV. According to this map-if I'm guaranteed a King bed(which is what the disney rez agent promised) on the 14th floor, it's a bygone conclusion that we will wind up with a TPV since the two rooms with King Beds are on the magic kingdom side. I didn't book the discount since it's my second trip to WDW in 21 years/ever in my life and I've wanted that TPV since I first laid eyes on the contemporary from the monorail. Any advice anyone could give me would be appreciated!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=23013148&postcount=17

Hi all, wondering about this map here that shows the 5 regular rooms on the 14th floor... I'm booked on the CL 12th floor TPV but was offered a deep discount to go up on the 14th floor and roll the dice on the coveted TPV. According to this map-if I'm guaranteed a King bed(which is what the disney rez agent promised) on the 14th floor, it's a bygone conclusion that we will wind up with a TPV since the two rooms with King Beds are on the magic kingdom side. I didn't book the discount since it's my second trip to WDW in 21 years/ever in my life and I've wanted that TPV since I first laid eyes on the contemporary from the monorail. Any advice anyone could give me would be appreciated!!!
That's the same Tower Club Level room map I have in the CL section on the first page. The CW designation is still KING and CY QUEEN. You are correct that if you book a "King Standard Club Level Room - CW" You will be on the 14th floor with a TPV. There is only one Queen room on the BLV side. Tower Club views are by-request only and not bookable. So when are you booking it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter