Cirque Question

wdwdancerwannabe

DIS Veteran
If my google research is correct - it looks like Drawn to Life ends March 2021??
Based on previous patterns - will there be another show running by July, 2021?
and what time do those shows typically run?

I thought I used to see 2 shows every night - but the calendar now shows only a 5:30 show ... wondering if this is due to COVID changes? or is that permanent change?

Also - if we would want to do have ADRs at Ohana and then to Cirque, how much time total would you allow for eating and travel from Poly to Cirque? We'll use Uber/Minnie Vans if that might be more convenient...

If my google research is correct - it looks like Drawn to Life ends March 2021??
Based on previous patterns - will there be another show running by July, 2021?
and what time do those shows typically run?

I thought I used to see 2 shows every night - but the calendar now shows only a 5:30 show ... wondering if this is due to COVID changes? or is that permanent change?

Also - if we would want to do have ADRs at Ohana and then to Cirque, how much time total would you allow for eating and travel from Poly to Cirque? We'll use Uber/Minnie Vans if that might be more convenient...
Drawn to Life hasn’t even begun yet. It was set to open in March and hasn’t. I doubt it would end in March of 2021. That’s likely just how their calendar is right now. They completely rebuilt that theater for this new show. It’s not going anywhere anytime soon

great- you're probably right - that's just as far as the calendar would go --
before Covid -- what were the typical times for shows at night? There were two shows every night - the way I remember it...

great- you're probably right - that's just as far as the calendar would go --
before Covid -- what were the typical times for shows at night? There were two shows every night - the way I remember it...
5:30pm and 8:30pm Tuesday-Sunday

OP, based on the showtimes HuskieJohn posted, I would be out of the Poly lobby by 7:00 pm to get over to DS for an 8:30 pm show. I, personally, like to arrive at a theater 30 minutes prior to showtime to get situated. An hour should give you enough time to get a Minnie Van or uber/lyft. I would allow 90 minutes to eat at 'Ohana. Alternatively, you could see the 5:30 pm show and make your ADR post-show - if you do that, I wouldn't make it earlier than 8:30 pm.

They most likely just slide the dates. Show will be one year from the starting date. Most likely will go longer.
Because if Disney is operational at 30 to 50% capacity for ant length of time. Why start a new show

OP, based on the showtimes HuskieJohn posted, I would be out of the Poly lobby by 7:00 pm to get over to DS for an 8:30 pm show. I, personally, like to arrive at a theater 30 minutes prior to showtime to get situated. An hour should give you enough time to get a Minnie Van or uber/lyft. I would allow 90 minutes to eat at 'Ohana. Alternatively, you could see the 5:30 pm show and make your ADR post-show - if you do that, I wouldn't make it earlier than 8:30 pm.
Perfect - this is exactly what I was asking for! Thank you!!

Isn’t it risky to buy tickets now for a company that has filed for bankruptcy protection?

Disney has stake in this show, much more than the previous iteration. I think they’ll make sure that this makes it to light, even if its not a long term show. The structure covers a lot of potential space for other ventures. I’d imagine after Drawn to Life has its run, Disney will tear the tent down and put in another NBA Experience

Isn’t it risky to buy tickets now for a company that has filed for bankruptcy protection?
Honestly, I wouldn't buy them too far in advance. When they announced that they would reopen in August I snagged 2 front row tickets for the 20th. I purchased them on 6/26, by 6/29 the announcement that they were declaring bankruptcy and temporarily halting operations came out. When I called the customer service number it had been disconnected. I was able to call my cc company before they remitted to Cirque, so it was no big deal, but I wouldn't buy again without them actually starting performances. I already had to wait for several months to get my June tickets refunded, and that was before they declared. I won't get fooled again!

Disney has stake in this show, much more than the previous iteration. I think they’ll make sure that this makes it to light, even if its not a long term show. The structure covers a lot of potential space for other ventures. I’d imagine after Drawn to Life has its run, Disney will tear the tent down and put in another NBA Experience

Since the current NBA experience is so maxed out on capacity they need anothere one..lol

Just read that they are now taking reservations for November.

If you read the article, they have financing lined up. This isn't a liquidation type bankruptcy. It is an effort to lighten the lighten the debt load to a more manageable level.

The only risk would be because of covid causing show to cancelled etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter