Chef Mickey's

Vanryan

Mouseketeer
I just made a PS for Chef Mickey's. Can someone tell me details of what it is like? ::MickeyMo

It's one of our favorites! They have a delicious buffet and great character interaction. The restaurant has a great party-like atmosphere and the play the song Celebration (a Disney song, not the one from the 70's) about every half hour or so. Everyone twirls their napkins as the characters dance around the restaurant, it's a lot of fun!

Enjoy!

I've never been, but I have it scheduled for our June trip. Here's what The Unofficial Guide has to say about Chef Mickey's:

A futuristic buffett that resembles Disney's idea of how the Jestsons would dine-colorful seatbacks & padded booths, geometric grids, flowing curves, & a buffett line that circles the center of the room. It's noisy & bustling, especially when Goofy, Minnie, & Mickey step out of the kitchen to say hello & dance with the diners.

That being said, 83% of the readers responded with with a thumbs up for CMs. Most people on these boards have responded positively also. I'm looking forward to it.

We have been to Disney World twice in the last 4 years. Both times we went to Chef Mickey's for dinner. We did 4 character meals the first trip - Chef Mickey's for dinner; Donald's Breakfastasaurus in AK for breakfast; dinner at The Land with Chip and Dale in Epcot (the restaurant revolves while you eat; and breakfast at the Crystal Palace in MK.
The second trip we opted to do fewer character meals as we were traveling with another family and they weren't as interested (isn't that silly). We returned to the Crystal Palace for breakfast (we have found we really like breakfast best for character meals). The other family went with us to this one.
Then we returned to Chef Mickey's for dinner. We wanted to go for breakfast but easier to go in the evening so as not to have to worry about trying to meet the other family afterwards. We love Chef Mickey's and would definitely go again!!

We've done Chef Mickey's for dinner, and the kids loved it! The buffet was great, with lots of grown-up options like peel & eat shrimp and ham & roast beef carving stations, plus the kid-size buffet with pizza, chicken nuggets, etc. The characters come around for one-on-one time, but you can also get pictures with Mickey in the lobby before or after your meal. Hmmm, we haven't done that one in quite a while. I might have to add that to our next trip!!

It s alot of fun. My 2 yo dd had her little stuffed Minnie Mouse, and when you check in (at dinner), you get your picture taken in front of the Chef Mickey logo. You may purchase that later if you wish. Donald Duck was up front, so kids could get in line and see him. He took my dd's stuffed Minnie Mouse, stomped on it, and pretended to throw it away. My dd is still talking about it! It was funny, and I'm glad we laughed, because I thought she may cry. Once your seated, the other characters came around; Mickey in his chef costume. Mickey's nose was vibrating when my dd went to kiss it. It really made her laugh. The characters spend alot of time at the table with us, even though the restaraunt was packed. The food was great...and a wonderful dessert bar too! We had a great time. We did have to wait a little for our PS...but that was ok...because Donald was so entertaining. Beware: depending upon where are your staying, and what time you finish dinner...it may take a while to get back to your room from the contemporary. This was one thing I did not plan for. Have FUN! And give Donald our regards!:wave2: :lovestruc

we had breakfast there and the food was incredible..great atmosphere....we are going back to disney at christmas as chef mickey will definitely be on our list....

Been there several times and the kids LOVE it! Food is pretty decent, but be forewarned....it is LOUD, LOUD LOUD!!!:earseek: Just as long as you're prepared for the decibel levels, it's a really great time...lots of awesome character interaction and great service - just have your Advil ready and take a deep breath....

Have fun!:wave2:

Originally posted by Vanryan
I just made a PS for Chef Mickey's. Can someone tell me details of what it is like? ::MickeyMo

Did you book for breakfast or for dinner?

We were there last week for dinner. Food was good. Quite a few selections. It is very loud, and a lot of fun. We had a blast. Character interaction is great. Even with our family and my kids are teens.

Has anyone ever gone to Chef Mickey's and Minnie Mouse was **not** there? She's not a guaranteed character and of course she's my youngest dd's fav. I'm making PS for Liberty Tree Tavern, too, just in case we don't see her at Chef Mickey's. If we see her at Chef Mickey's though I can cancelt he other.

I don't know if this helps or not but we've had dinner at Chef Mickey's 4 times and Minnie has always been there. We always enjoy CM's and it wouldn't be a trip to WDW for us without going. Lots of fun and good character interaction in our experience.

I have another silly newbie question, but how do you go about booking the character meals. We definately want to do some, but not exactly sure which ones or how to go about booking them.

Thanks!
Becky

We go to Chef Mickey's every trip! It's on the top of our must do list. Alot of people say it's "too noisey" but it really doesn't bother us at all!

As for the question about Minnie...I can't remember not seeing her. I think they have her appear more since they stopped the Menehune (spelling) character breakfast at the Poly a few years back. She was a regular there.

ski_mom to get a PS for the character meals or any other sit down place you can call WDW PS at 407-939-3463. Learn more about the restaurants at http://allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm and even get a planner at http://pscalculator.net/

We are going to Chef Mickey's for dinner our first night there, Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner with friends and Sci-Fi for lunch (no characters there).

Great way to see characters and get off your feet.

We had dinner at Chef Mickey's the other night and enjoyed it a LOT! It was a lot of fun and there were plenty of food offerings for us all. Loved it!!!

:D

I had breakfast there for the first time in 2002 and it was the best breakfast I have ever had on WDW property, not mention the best charater meal I have had yet. All of the characters came around to the tables for pictures and autographs. It will definitely be a "must do" from now on whenever I go to WDW.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

Originally posted by veruka
Been there several times and the kids LOVE it! Food is pretty decent, but be forewarned....it is LOUD, LOUD LOUD!!!:earseek: Just as long as you're prepared for the decibel levels, it's a really great time...lots of awesome character interaction and great service - just have your Advil ready and take a deep breath....

Have fun!:wave2:

I took my DS to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese last night and I was commenting to DW when I got home that Chef Mickey's seemed like a quiet, romantic dinner by comparison! :D

We've been to Chef Mickey's the last four years and it's a great time. The kids have a blast and we have a great time watching them.

We had a terrific time at Chef Mickey's during our first visit to WDW two years ago. My son is still talking about the Mickey shaped mac n cheese!!

I do not believe Minnie was there the night we ate dinner!

For our first visit, we waited until we were at the World before making PS. We got them with no problem. We leave Monday, so I decided to be ahead of the game and schedule before leaving home...3 weeks ahead of time....and the only times available were after 8:15 all nights. I was just shocked at how much more difficult it was this time.....so schedule it early!!!!!!

Originally posted by Atotty
Has anyone ever gone to Chef Mickey's and Minnie Mouse was **not** there? She's not a guaranteed character and of course she's my youngest dd's fav. I'm making PS for Liberty Tree Tavern, too, just in case we don't see her at Chef Mickey's. If we see her at Chef Mickey's though I can cancelt he other.

Once in all of our trips. I believe we had Pluto instead but I am not sure. I know that the story was that she was out shopping with Daisy and was running late so she could not make it. The Genine was also there one night but I did not notice anyone missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter