Chef Mickey

absfins

Earning My Ears
Is there any special treatment to guests of a hotel that is hosting one of the character breakfasts? For instance, we're staying at the Contemporary when we go to Disney but Chef Mickey was booked solid. If we are staying there, are there tables alotted for guests of that hotel to go even without a reservation?

Sorry, but they are not. Reservations are given without prejudice or peference of where you stay!

All Disney restaurants and reservations are first come, first served. There is no special priority for guests of certain resorts. (Club level guests get assistance in making reservations, but if the restaurant is full a place won't be made for them.)

Keep trying online -- I tried at least 30 times today and I finally got Chef Mickey's for my birthday on May 26th! I have been trying to make this ressie for a few days but I only tried a few times each day. Be persistant and good luck!

Not sure if you have eaten there or not yet. I ate there this past week for the 1st time and it will not be on any future dining lists. Not impressed at all.

Two years ago we stayed at the Poly. I couldn't get an advanced ressie for 'Ohana breakfast. When we checked to the hotel, I mentioned it to the guest services desk and they checked for me and were able to offer me 2 different times. Maybe it was just a fluke?

I was just going to say....keep trying online or make the phone calls up until the day of your trip. If you still are not able to secure a spot, be sure to check with the concierge at your resort after you check in. I really wanted to eat at Teppan Edo last year when we went during my birthday, but I couldn't get an ADR prior to our departure for WDW. Once we checked in I went to our concierge, told him where I wanted to eat and that it was for my 40th birthday! He not only was able to get us an ADR, but he gave me a birthday pin and wrote on it "please card me!" :rotfl2:

Not sure if you have eaten there or not yet. I ate there this past week for the 1st time and it will not be on any future dining lists. Not impressed at all.

That's a shame b/c we love it every time we're there!

That's a shame b/c we love it every time we're there!

I think part of it was where we sat. We were seated in a back corner. I had to keep tracking down our server for drink refills too. It was still good to see the Fab 5 characters though.

Two years ago DD really wanted to eat there and I couldn't get ANY time for just the 2 of us. During our trip, I actually went there around around 4pm, before they opened. I found a CM and asked if there ever was a time I could just walk up without the ADR. They told me to come back at a certain time that night, though we might have to wait.

DD really wanted it, so we went back. They took our name, then lost it, but our wait should have only been about 20 mins. In the end, we waited about 35 mins.

This was in October, so I don't know if it would work at other times, but it might be worth a try.

People change plans and cancel all the time, especially close to the date, the day before, even that day. Plans change and dining slots open up, so keep trying.

Actually, at the hotel we were told that there are a certain amount of reservations put aside for Contemporary guests. They were all gone by the time that we asked but they are there.

Then my friend went right up the Chef Mickey restaurant and asked if there was anything available. We got seated within minutes. I still can't belive it.

Actually, at the hotel we were told that there are a certain amount of reservations put aside for Contemporary guests. They were all gone by the time that we asked but they are there.

Then my friend went right up the Chef Mickey restaurant and asked if there was anything available. We got seated within minutes. I still can't belive it.

Unfortunately, I think you spoke with one of the infamous misinformed CM's as tables are not set aside for people staying at the hotel(s). However, as you did find, plans change all the time and people do cancel their reservations - sometimes last minute. Trying to walk up to the podium, especially right after opening could get you a table. If we are unable to get a ressie we always do that and are probably successful about 70% of the time. In any case, I am glad you were able to eat at a restaurant you really wanted to.

Unfortunately, I think you spoke with one of the infamous misinformed CM's as tables are not set aside for people staying at the hotel(s). However, as you did find, plans change all the time and people do cancel their reservations - sometimes last minute. Trying to walk up to the podium, especially right after opening could get you a table. If we are unable to get a ressie we always do that and are probably successful about 70% of the time. In any case, I am glad you were able to eat at a restaurant you really wanted to.

Someone that I met who has a DVC said the same thing. Said that those reservations get booked up so fast because people make the reservations thinking they can always cancel them later (and then do).

The last time we stayed at CR we had breakfast at CM and our server told us when we were leaving the restaurant that since we were staying at the hotel we could go back any time we wanted. We never tried to go back during that trip again so I don't know actually what may have happen !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter