Checking in with nonperishable items?

Callsdodisney

Mouseketeer
I see that UO hotels are hit or miss with being willing to refrigerate, so I've axed those from my list. But I would like to take advantage of our grocery stop for some bottle water/muffins/chips for the room.

We will likely get to HRH around 2, so our room may not be ready yet. How are the hotels with holding nonperishable items if we need to drop all of our stuff? Not sure if Publix uses those single use plastic grocery bags, but I think checking 5 or 6 of those and two cases of water, may be a mess for bell services? Any experiences or thoughts?

If we decide to cancel the stop all together, is there a place nearby HRH we could walk to grab a case of water? We won't have a car, so we either have to come in with groceries or be fine without.

Third option - do an instacart delivery or similar to your resort. Plan it ahead, then place your order at the airport and meet them at the hotel on your first night.

Oh I’ve checked all sorts of bags to hold for me. What I usually do now, is bring a cloth bag, I put my groceries in, it’s a large one, I fold up in my backpack, as it makes it also easier to carry those number of plastic grocery bags and soda I buy before I check in, from the rental car I usually have.

Yep, you can also have Publix deliver to the hotel, too.

Haven't used bell services at Universal, but often have lots of groceries at Disney. I prefer to put them in tote bags, or something like that. Maybe just bring an extra tote or two, or something similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter