Changing reservation time the day off?

MaC410

DIS Veteran
Just curious what the policy is for changing your reservation time the day off the reservation. I know there's a cancellation fee if you cancel your reservation with less than 24 hours notice. But what if let's say I have a 4:30 reservation at a restaurant and the morning of I decide I want to go to the same place for an early lunch. Are there any fees for simply changing the time of your reservation?

If there is an open reservation you should be able to modify the reservation. If you needed to cancel one restaurant and book a different one then you might be charged. I would call to clarify, but it seems if you are staying with the same restaurant and changing the time you are not technically cancelling all together.

Just curious what the policy is for changing your reservation time the day off the reservation. I know there's a cancellation fee if you cancel your reservation with less than 24 hours notice. But what if let's say I have a 4:30 reservation at a restaurant and the morning of I decide I want to go to the same place for an early lunch. Are there any fees for simply changing the time of your reservation?

A BIT COMPLICATED:
1) If you change your dinner ressie for a lunch ressie over the phone or as a walk-up, there will no charge (the No-Show Penalty is not assessed).
2) However, since you will be arriving more than 2-hrs earlier than the dinner ADR (either by phone or walk-up), you need to make sure the podium person (aka: "SEATER") makes a note of it.
3) The note must be keyed into the computer later in the day and closer to your original ADR time.
4) If not entered (the ADR gets "flagged") and you will be noted as a No-Show for the dinner ADR.
5) You are now eligible to be hit with the $10 per-person penalty.
6) Yes, this is a known glitch in the dining reservation system.

A BIT COMPLICATED:
1) If you change your dinner ressie for a lunch ressie over the phone or as a walk-up, there will no charge (the No-Show Penalty is not assessed).
2) However, since you will be arriving more than 2-hrs earlier than the dinner ADR (either by phone or walk-up), you need to make sure the podium person (aka: "SEATER") makes a note of it.
3) The note must be keyed into the computer later in the day and closer to your original ADR time.
4) If not entered (the ADR gets "flagged") and you will be noted as a No-Show for the dinner ADR.
5) You are now eligible to be hit with the $10 per-person penalty.
6) Yes, this is a known glitch in the dining reservation system.

Does all this stuff only apply if I change the reservation over the phone or by walking up? I plan to use the MDE App to change my reservation if we need to. Does this glitch not apply if I do it through the app?

On our last two stays (2015 and 2016) I went up to the hotel concierge (All Star Music) and changed my ressie for that day. Because I made the changes with the hotel concierge, there was no charge, fee, fine, what ever you want to call it. The concierge handled it.

I've done this several times on the MDE app. Not with changing from dinner to lunch, but changing times for dinner.

Sandy and I have done this..... but we REALLY suggest going to the Concierge in your Hotel. We have not just seen these people make "computer" changes.... we've seen them contacting the Restaurant DIRECTLY, by phone, when necessary.

Everyone tends to FORGET these wonderful CMs....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter