Center Parcs advice needed!

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
We have just returned from 4 days at Longleat and had a great time........the only 'complaints' that we had was that it was very hilly and our villa was miles away from the centre!!!!

We are now looking to book for next year and would like to try either Sherwood or OAsis. We are going to book executive accommodation. Which would you recommend? Would love to hear from anyone who has been to either or both! Thanks

Hi,

We've been to all of the Centre Parcs except the Oasis in Whinfell (sp ?).

Yes, Longleat is lovely but soooo hilly - not so much fun for kids on bikes or in pushchairs.

We prefer Sherwood as it's not so far for us to travel and I think it's been revamped since they had the fire a while back.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Hi Deb,

Glad to hear you had a good trip.Sorry I can't help with advice about the other Centre Parks sites as I've never been to Centre Parks.

Sorry this is off topic but I sent you a PM a few weeks ago that is unread.I don't think we get a notice anymore if we get a PM so you might not know it's there:p

Don't listen to Shaun (Bonzo) - he knows nothing! It isn't Sherwood that's near us - and it wasn't Sherwood that was re built after the fire - it's Elvedon!

We've been to all three Centre Parcs and they are all quite similar - especially Elvedon and Sherwood. We went to Sherwood in January this year and had a great time - we paid a bit extra for a preferred location and we were really please dwe did - we had a great spot - close to everything!

..... also been to all three and been to Oasis - Oasis is also hilly and I didn't like it as much as the others. I don't know how much it will improve now Center Parcs have taken it over though.

Elvedon is as flat as a pancake :teeth: so I guarantee no hills!! Sherwood is also easier to get around and over a bigger area than Elveden.

We also pay for preferred location and that way we had a villa in Longleat that gave us a flat route to the Swimmng Paradise.

Only been to Elveden (before fire) and Longleat 3 times. I love Longleat I actually spent my honeymoon there with my ex-hubby and we had a great time and a villa with a four poster bed ;) But it is more hilly than Elveden I just prefer the Aqua Sauna at Longleat - When I go to Center Parcs I treat the place like a health club :)

I've been to Sherwood and Lake District. I like the layout of the shops better at Sherwood, but the Spa is newer and nicer at the Lake District.

Ann.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter