Carousel of Progress

Glad to hear that it is still open!! Our family loves to do this ride together. We rode it three times last year, and in spite of being stuck in the second scene for 30 minutes, look forward to doing it again this year.

PS: Cool news, Mickeyfer! If you see a family with a rowdy 6 year old boy headed your way in 22 days, that'd be us!! :rotfl:

I love CoP :lovestruc just thought you all should know! :cloud9:

Oh yea, and if anyone here is a Timekeeper fan, that attraction will be open for the summer beginning Sunday :flower:

:Pinkbounc Thanks MickeyFer, Hope to see you the first week in september, I hope this ride is saved, I cannot wait to see it again. It will be my dgd 1st time there.

My daughter and I just got to experience CoP for the first time on our recent trip - it had always been closed before. She fell in love with it and I lost count of how many times we rode it! Now I have that song stuck in my head and she knows all the words and can sing it verbatim! Sorry we missed out on Timekeeper. Will Timekeeper be open in December? We'll be back the week before Christmas.

Even if it doesn't look like it is open walk over there anyway. We walked toward it and I did not see a cm at first but as we got right up on COP I saw a CM standing by the door and a couple of people walked through the turnstile so we did too and what do ya know, it was open! This was the week of May22-27. Everyone needs to make a point of checking to see if it is open. If we increase the number of people every day that go to COP maybe that will help keep it open longer :teeth:

Anyone have any knowledge about this still being open in Sept? I'd love to ride this classic!!

I think CoP should be open in Sept...I haven't heard anything about it closing. It's no longer a seasonal attraction, it's open full time now :goodvibes That was my first question when I started lol

We went on Carousel of Progress this year and the kids really liked it. We all did. My son was singing the song the other day. It is also a great learning opportunity.

:hourglass

Sad news!

Officially, but still unofficially, the COP will be closed permanently in Sept 2005 I am told.
This information comes from those involved with the restructuring of attractions in the parks. Cannot reveal the source but it is most valid.

To further invistigate this matter, I contacted the Orlando Sentinel today. They did assure me they will investigate. Apparently Disney is keeping this very quiet. I like to know why. We all would like to know why????

How Disney can close a popular classic attraction like this is above my common sense knowledge!

If anyone hears different, please let me know and post the info publically or privately.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

Tom
www.carouselofprogress.com

:goodvibes REALLY hoping COP is still open when we go, DM has been so upset since she heard this was closing, especially considering we missed it on our last trip....it being open would be a nice surprise for her!! :bounce:

OH NO!!!! COP is my favorite attraction....I so hope it's still open when we go in Sept.....

TOMKO:
Officially, but still unofficially, the COP will be closed permanently in Sept 2005 I am told.

I am happy to report that there is no planned closing of COP!*

COP's external paint refrub has just been completed last week.

Seating replacement and new carpeting is nearly done,
along with exterior 'pre-show' monitor repairs.

The scrims for the first three scenes will be replaced within the next 3 weeks.

Discussions are currently that the skins on father Audio-Animatronics figures throughout maybe replaced within the next quarter.

While COP isn't totally out of danger--all in the know seem to now believe for the present time there is no plan to remove it or close it.

* There may be some closure of a limited nature for refrubishing

:):)

:mad:
DVCconvert said:
TOMKO:

Discussions are currently that the skins on father Audio-Animatronics figures throughout maybe replaced within the next quarter.

While COP isn't totally out of danger--all in the know seem to now believe for the present time there is no plan to remove it or close it.

I'd rather believe a "good" rumour than a "bad" one. I'll choose to believe this one!!!!!!! Living in a fools paradise isn't that bad.... And if any Disney "Suits" read this thread- DON'T mess with COP!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVCconvert said:
TOMKO:

I hope this is correct. My source has a direct connection with labor dealing with the attractions. He rather be anomoyous of course.
I rather believe the "NO CLOSURE" than the "DEMISE" of the COP.

I am currently being interviewed for a COP documentary by an outside video production company.

Along with the documentary being produced and what I hear through contacts at WDW, you can see why I would believe the end of the COP is near.

I hope the refurbishing is an improvement for the COP and not a preparation for a new future attraction.

How do you explain the new logo outrside sign in the front of the COP building?

Thanks

Tom :confused3

www.carouselofprogress.com

First time seeing this thread. Last year was our first ever trip to WDW. We visited MK, Epcot, AK, and MGM. Did practically all the attractions, rides, shows, etc. If you ask my son who was 7 at the time what his favorite ride was, he would tell you it was the COP. I didn't realize how many fans there are of this attraction. It is definitely a good learning experience for young children that are not aware of how things were done years ago. Although I won't rank it up there as a top 5 attraction among the 4 major parks, I believe it carries value from an educational and entertainment standpoint and would vote to keep it alive.

Joe Mouse ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter