Carousel of Progress

eclectics said:
I just checked WDW website and COP is no longer listed as a "Seasonal"

Yes, I noticed that too.

Wow! I'm so excited! COP being open would more than make up for the "Crush the Turtle" in the Living Seas being closed while we're there.

Well, it's Sept. now.

Is COP still open even though the "value season" and lower attendance has begun?

Anyone? :confused3

CoP IS open right now. It is listed as "seasonal" still in the corporate portal, but it seems to be operating year round

We were in the world from Aug 21 to 28th. The first couple of days we were not in the MK so I don't know if it was open then. On Friday night I rode TT and noticed that it was open. On Sat the 27th were noticed that it was open again and we got to see it. My 15 year had never seen it so he went with us. The park was pretty quiet last Saturday so I think the seasonal is off. We hadn't seen in a while so it was fun to see it again.

JRawkSteady said:
CoP IS open right now. It is listed as "seasonal" still in the corporate portal, but it seems to be operating year round

Good news! I hope things stay the same! I'd love for my kids to see it.

I was so happy to experience the COP more than four times during my two trips to WDW back in May. Before then, I had not seen COP since the late 80's. It was always closed when I was there in the 90's.

I, too, noticed it has been taken off the seasonal list if you goto the WDW website. This is great news! I love the attraction.

Hope that COP is open when were there in 3 weeks, not sure if I should take my DS4 on it, do u think that "now is the Time" song will ever come back???That was the song I heard it with and that how I remember it best!

homedad said:
Hope that COP is open when were there in 3 weeks, not sure if I should take my DS4 on it, do u think that "now is the Time" song will ever come back???That was the song I heard it with and that how I remember it best!

It will be open. CoP is once again open year-round. While not a popular attraction, it remains as a tribute to Walt Disney himself. Despite all the rumours you may hear, this is one attraction that I don't think will be going anywhere anytime soon.

I haven't been to WDW since 1997 but I remember the CoP vividly. I love the dog! It will always be one of my very favorite attractions as it reminds me of the World's fair (in Chicago where I am currently living just a few blocks from its site) and I love to study up on that marvelous piece of history. I hope its the same as I remembered. I know my mom will love it too.

Mouseplanet has reported that it has an on-going rehab:
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress – refurbishment of seats and carpeting occurring on a rolling basis; the attraction remains open.

So...good news...one of our show cars has been disabled....because they're refurbishing it :flower: Yay! I was afraid it was just a rumor...I dunno how long it'll take, I'll be sure to post and let you guys know :)

We went on COP when were there just 1 1/2 weeks ago. I had to take my DH on it - I haven't been on it since 1995 and I am sure it was even longer since my DH was on it since he only went 1 or 2 times as a kid and then not again till May of this year. Needless to say I told him it was an oldie but goodie - and he came out singing the song (Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow) all the time (even still!!) even though he said the ride wasn't all that!!! The song sure stuck with him!! I am glad its not seasonal anymore.

We went on COP twice during our recent trip (9/14-9/23)
So glad my kids got to see it.
It's as good as I remember!
DD5 keeps singing the song with me!

I hope it's open when we go during the "value" season in December. It's been years since I've seen it, I hope it stays open year round until at least I get to see it again!

I am amazed at how younger children are drawn to the COP! It is a must see everytime we go for my Ds who is 5. I didn't think he would understand it enough to like it - but I was so wrong. We have been home almost two weeks and he is still singing "it's a great big beautiful tomorrow...."!

Does anyone know where I can find the song (on the internet) that used to be in the CoP? I think it was "The Best Time of Your Life." I know the current song by heart but for the life of me I can't remember how the other one went.

Thanks!

katedrew94 said:
Does anyone know where I can find the song (on the internet) that used to be in the CoP? I think it was "The Best Time of Your Life." I know the current song by heart but for the life of me I can't remember how the other one went.

Thanks!
Yes, I have the song posted on my site www.carouselofprogress.com

ENJOY!

I finally got to see it! I took my first trip ever to WDW last week, and the first thing I did was head straight to the CoP. It was incredible! It was really awesome to see an attraction that was "all Walt" that I had never seen before. I mean I know the show has been updated, but I still totally felt his vision. This is truly an amazing show, and I am so grateful that it is still running to this day. :earsboy:

It seems to have weathered the storm hopefully..I remeber taking my children in 1976 thinking how incredible the effects were..I still think it stands the test of time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter