Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the food court at the same location as OPR? We are planning maybe a couple of breakfasts there.

To Moderator,

Please add "CBR" to code words for this thread. When I search on CBR, I do not see this new thread.

Thanks

Is the food court at the same location as OPR? We are planning maybe a couple of breakfasts there.

As Dansdad said, the food court is at Old Port Royale. Also at or near OPR are the main pool, kids' water play area, hair wrap station, pool bar, arcade, store and marina. There's also a concierge desk in the food court area and a DVC desk.

The longest walk that we've ever had from our room to Old Port Royale was 7 1/2 minutes. We were in one of the furthest Barbados rooms and were behind a couple with a large stroller so we were walking at a slow pace. Maybe the walk would be 20 minutes if it were round trip.

Thanks

FD

With the shared balconies at moderates, do people still go outside and sit at night to relax/have a drink while kids are asleep for example? I'm on the fence about the moderates because of the shared balconies. Also, can you have a cocktail on the beach at Caribbean beach? Is there pool-side food/drinks at the moderates?

With the shared balconies at moderates, do people still go outside and sit at night to relax/have a drink while kids are asleep for example? I'm on the fence about the moderates because of the shared balconies. Can you have a cocktail on the beach at Caribbean beach?

During the times when we were on the ground floor, we did pull out our chairs and sat outside and watched a rainstorm pass through the area. We had our chairs near our door and were not in anyone's way.

There were many evenings when we went down to the beach and relaxed after a day in the parks. I see no reason why you couldn't take a cocktail out and enjoy the evening.

Does anyone know if they have the RumRunner drink at CBR? This will be the first time we are staying there, and I LOVE the RumRunners they make at Disney. Only found it at Wilderness Campground and the downtown Disney by the Cpt Sparrow restaurant.

lufty said:
Does anyone know if they have the RumRunner drink at CBR? This will be the first time we are staying there, and I LOVE the RumRunners they make at Disney. Only found it at Wilderness Campground and the downtown Disney by the Cpt Sparrow restaurant.

When we were there October 2011, yes the Banana Cabana served a delicious Rum Runner!

We stayed at CBR this past weekend and wanted to give a quick report.

I loved our stay! We had a preferred location room in North Trinidad bld 31. Our door opened onto a beautiful courtyard. Everything in the room was in excellent condition and the beds were very comfortable. The walk to Port Royale was a little further than I would of liked but do-able. We had no problem with the new door locks but I did notice another party having trouble. We enjoyed the food court and pool bar. I missed the croissant w/ egg and cheese that used to be available but made something similar by getting a side of eggs. We didn't get an envelope on our door on checkout day. I had left a credit card on file and bills are being emailed now instead of left in an envelope, I missed that info somehow. When we were leaving for Magical Express to the airport we brought our luggage on the resort shuttle and a number of other guests were doing the same thing, no problem. Bounce back offer is now in a folder given at check-in. We had a great time and look forward to another stay some day. pixiedust:

When/how do you make a request for a certain village?

Call the central reservations line, (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639, and have your request added to your reservation. You can do it any time from when you make the original reservation up until about 5-6 days before you arrive.:thumbsup2

Thanks! I called and am hopefully all set! 25 days and counting!!!!

I have a question for anyone who has stayed in the Pirate themed rooms.

How are the beds? I read a report about someone who stayed there, and they said the beds were hard as a rock and they just had box springs with a pad on top because of the bed design. Are they really that uncomfortable? :scared:

How are the beds? I read a report about someone who stayed there, and they said the beds were hard as a rock and they just had box springs with a pad on top because of the bed design. Are they really that uncomfortable? :scared:

We have not stayed in a Pirate Room, but our neighbors did last year. After seeing your post I asked them what they thought. They said they had no issues with the beds. The parents and the kids slept just fine on them.

I thought they were very comfortable and I'm picky when it comes to mattresses. They weren't too firm for me and I was able to sleep pretty well.

We stayed at CBR this past weekend and wanted to give a quick report.

pixiedust:

I wanted to add this info that I forgot with my first post. Most of the dates have past, but it gives an idea of holiday activities at the resort. CBR Happy Holiday events at Old Port Royale. Decorate a gingerbread Mickey cookie 2-2:30pm at the food court daily; Dec 16, 18, 20, 22 Holiday Musical Performances 6:30-8pm; Dec 23 Holiday Character Meet & Greet 5-8:45pm; Dec. 24 Picture time with Santa 5-9pm'; Dec 24 7pm Movie Under the Stars "The Muppet Christmas Carol". ::santa:

CBR at Christmas- taken 12/23/2012

DSC_6833.jpg

DSC_6836.jpg

DSC_6838.jpg

DSC_6840.jpg

DSC_6842.jpg

DSC_6844.jpg

DSC_6844.jpg

DSC_6844.jpg

DSC_6849.jpg

DSC_6851.jpg

DSC_6852.jpg

DSC_6856.jpg

DSC_6862.jpg

DSC_6863.jpg

DSC_6865.jpg

DSC_6867.jpg

DSC_6869.jpg

DSC_6871.jpg

DSC_6890.jpg

DSC_6892.jpg

DSC_6896.jpg

DSC_6898.jpg

Thanks for the photo's safetymom! It was nice to see how the gingerbread village progressed! The chef said he was going to make one a day until to Christmas and it looks lovely. Love the 3 little pigs with their tophats! :santa:

Looks nice at Christmas. We will be there in February. What buildings should we request to be close to the main pool and food court? We will just have standard view. Also, do you need your room key to get into the pool? My teenagers will probably head over there alone in the afternoon sometimes, and on our last trip my daughter lost her key...I'd rather just have them knock to get back in the room! I hope it is warm enough for swimming, but knowing them they will swim even if it is cold out!

Also, would a 5 year old be too big to enjoy the kids splash/slide area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter