Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the coffee pots in the pictures posted in the first couple of posts are of the old pots, I thought that I'd post a picture of the coffee pots that are now in the rooms:

DSCF2242.jpg

They are the single pod type that make two cups at a time. (sorry for the darkness of the picture)

I know that this is not the CBR picture thread but I thought that some of the pictures that I took in May, 2012 might be helpful to others. The condiments bar and toasters in the food court. Down at the very end of the counter is a mug wash area.

DSCF2296.jpg

DSCF2297.jpg

DSCF2298.jpg

What is the fax number to the resort. In the past I faxed our room request to the CSR a week before our check in.

DannyDisneyFreak said:
What is the fax number to the resort. In the past I faxed our room request to the CSR a week before our check in.

Currently the only resort that still takes faxed requests is POR/POFQ. The best thing to do is call the main reservation line and have your requests added to your reservation.

Well it is Lisa's fault. We are booked for second week in June.
No queen beds yet?
We were sitting around discussing dinner reservations and saw a review of Shutters on here and it was bad. They said you would be better off going to the better places and eating out of their dumpster. They said the service was worse. Can anyone please comment? We have one day of the 8 that we will stay away from the parks and thought we would try Shutters but are we better off with the food court?

HiHoOffWeGo said:
No queen beds yet?
We were sitting around discussing dinner reservations and saw a review of Shutters on here and it was bad. They said you would be better off going to the better places and eating out of their dumpster. They said the service was worse. Can anyone please comment? We have one day of the 8 that we will stay away from the parks and thought we would try Shutters but are we better off with the food court?

No queen beds yet.

We have eaten at Shutters twice. Both times we had great service. The food was good. It wasn't great, but it was perfect for a sit down meal on our resort day. So nice to not have to travel anywhere on our day of relaxing. Now I wouldn't travel to CBR just to eat at Shutters like we do for some of the restaurants at the deluxes.

I arrive at CBR tomorrow! So excited for my first stay there! :yay: I love the rest of the moderate resorts, so I hope I love this one just as much.

No queen beds yet?

Gosh, talk about pressure. I sure hope that you enjoy your stay at the CBR.or my reputation is shot to heck. ;) :rotfl:

I've read a couple of remi-recent Shutters reviews that said their meal was good. I've never eaten there simply because we like to see other resorts and eating in their restaurants is a way to do so.

I arrive at CBR tomorrow! So excited for my first stay there! :yay: I love the rest of the moderate resorts, so I hope I love this one just as much.

Lucky! What I wouldn't give to be headed to the CBR tomorrow. I hope that you have a great time!

Anyone able to advise.

We are staying in the Pirate Themed Rooms. Now I've heard that they are based in I think Trinidad South? From what I understand they are the furthest from the main OPR area.

Anyone able to advise what the distance is. I hear about jumping a bus is required, is anyone able to confirm a rough distance in terms of walking?

TIA

FD

I believe some have said that it's about a 10-15 minute walk to OPR.

Anyone able to advise.

We are staying in the Pirate Themed Rooms. Now I've heard that they are based in I think Trinidad South? From what I understand they are the furthest from the main OPR area.

Anyone able to advise what the distance is. I hear about jumping a bus is required, is anyone able to confirm a rough distance in terms of walking?

TIA

FD

We were there the first week of this month and had the pirate themed room. We were in building 34 room 60 and I timed the walk from our room to OPR as 10 minutes at a brisk walk. It doesn't matter if you cross the road or go under the bridge.

FYI about the internal bus - it runs about every 15 minutes around the whole resort. So it might be quicker to just walk it. Trinidad South is 2 stops away from OPR.

OK, thanks guys.

Yep, just wondering, I ain't scared of a walk, but usually see the common thing in the brochures about 20 minutes from the beach and it's like really 5 or 10 minutes.

Cool.

FD

Ok I am trying to understand the whole coffee pot in the room. We have a tassimo at home so I went and bought some tim hortons coffee so I could make coffee in the room. Can I bring filters and coffee and make it or what kind of coffee goes in these?? What are pods I keep hearing about. Like Keurig pods or tassimo pods or what?
We leave in 2 days so any help please?????

:surfweb:

Ok I am trying to understand the whole coffee pot in the room. We have a tassimo at home so I went and bought some tim hortons coffee so I could make coffee in the room. Can I bring filters and coffee and make it or what kind of coffee goes in these?? What are pods I keep hearing about. Like Keurig pods or tassimo pods or what?
We leave in 2 days so any help please?????

:surfweb:

Check out post #21 of this thread for a picture of the coffee makers. They only use 1-cup pods. You can't use loose coffee grounds and a filter. Here is a picture of what the pods are.

http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com/p/crpodm.html#.UM8oi3fNkms

They are a filter/coffee ground combo. Hope this helps.

OK, thanks guys.

Yep, just wondering, I ain't scared of a walk, but usually see the common thing in the brochures about 20 minutes from the beach and it's like really 5 or 10 minutes.

Cool.

FD

The longest walk that we've ever had from our room to Old Port Royale was 7 1/2 minutes. We were in one of the furthest Barbados rooms and were behind a couple with a large stroller so we were walking at a slow pace. Maybe the walk would be 20 minutes if it were round trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter