Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the pool slides allow parent to slide with toddler? Some waterparks are really strict about not letting parent and child go together...just curious if the life guards at CBR would care.

I dont think any of the WDW resorts allow two people on any of the slides at the same time.

dansdad said:
That is correct. One at a time.

Bummer but I had a sneaky suspicion. Guess we will just stick with the kiddie area then. If it was allowed, would have set aside more resort time on our trip!

Thx!

bigbabyblues said:
If we had a stroller, I would not request second floor because I wouldn't want to have to carry it up and down the stairs.

That's why I figured

We will be arriving in just about 40 days and I'm trying to decide about doing online check in or not. We have requested a certain area are we better off waiting and checking in there and asking if we got our request or doing online and then if we don't get our request asking then. I thought i had read it can't be changed if you did it online so your are stuck whereever they put you if you check in online. Anybody know the best option.

Whichever way you decide to check-in, online or in person, has zero affect on whether you get your requests or not.

If you do online check-in and you didn't get your requests, it is perfectly fine to ask if it's possible you can get your requests met when you are at the online check-in desk.

We always have 2 requests at CBR. Jamaica 45 and 2nd floor. We have always gotten both requests, and our last 3 trips we used online check-in. Your mileage may vary. :thumbsup2

We will be ariving at the CBR on 1/10/13 after our cruise. I am planning on calling tomorrow to put in our room requests. I'm hoping to get Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 or Martinique 22 and was going to request a corner bottom floor. I was wondering your reason for a 2nd floor? Is it quieter? Just wondering. I didnt want to have to bother with stairs with our luggage and we will have my son's stroller everyday.

I hope you son feels better and the rest of your stay is enjoyable.

It's a request we make since traveling South as the top floors are either a tad bit larger or feel larger as they have the vaulted ceiling. Plus, for decorations, we can easily see our lights and window decorations as we walk to our room and it makes us smile each time :<))..ty since the antibiotics, he's feeling much better..we've had a few other incidents with the restaurants but we are allowing nothing to spoil our vacay :<))...enjoy your vacation...

We will be arriving in just about 40 days and I'm trying to decide about doing online check in or not. We have requested a certain area are we better off waiting and checking in there and asking if we got our request or doing online and then if we don't get our request asking then. I thought i had read it can't be changed if you did it online so your are stuck whereever they put you if you check in online. Anybody know the best option.

The on line check in adds your credit card to the file more or less, you can still make requests once you get here :<))

That's the request i made as well was Jamaica 45 and lake view

We don't ask for the pretty view as we always know we won't be spending much time in our room any way. Now if I had a balcony, I may choose a view but for right now, parking lot works as it means as I walk to my room, I see my beautiful lights and tree :<))

I am so happy to have found this thread. I am taking my two sons in May for a week, we will be staying in one of the pirate rooms. We will be celebrating both of their birthdays (ages 3 & 14) My question is.. if my travel agent sends a request will they decorate the room for their birthday? This will be our first visit so i was wanting to know if i needed to bring any decorations or if they will do it upon request.

I am so happy to have found this thread. I am taking my two sons in May for a week, we will be staying in one of the pirate rooms. We will be celebrating both of their birthdays (ages 3 & 14) My question is.. if my travel agent sends a request will they decorate the room for their birthday? This will be our first visit so i was wanting to know if i needed to bring any decorations or if they will do it upon request.

How exciting!! The resort itself won't decorate the room for you. But if you don't mind the cost, I see lots of people here on the DIS say good things about in room celebrations from Disney Florist. They will decorate the room for you prior to your arrival, or while you are at the parks for the day. I have never used them, but from others reports they are good if not a little pricey.

You can also bring stuff with you and do it yourself.

Since some of the info in the first few posts appears to be outdated, can anyone confirm if the shipping addresses are still accurate? Thanks.

Just a tip from our trip in November... I've seen many times how a King is just a request and I understand that. We requested a King and would have paid for it but they had none available so when we checked in (on the last Friday of F&W) I asked about the King room and the CM called to check but there were none available. She told me to call or drop by on Sunday to see if they had any open up. They did and we got moved no problem. If you want one I'd suggest asking! Just my $.02. Another one is that I always see Jamaica being suggested... Jamaica 43 is what we got (45 wasn't available) and I wasn't a fan of the walk to the bus stop or the walk to OPR, when we got moved on Monday we got into Barbados 13 and it seemed much closer to OPR and was definitely closer to the bus stop. I also liked not needing to call the van for our luggage when we checked out, we just walked our suitcases across the street to Custom House.

So now we don' t fax in the request a week before we arrive? I have requested and it is noted on my reservation a connecting room . We are 3 families going, have paid for a preferred room, 2 of us have a connecting and the third requested to be in the same building and had our reservations "linked". I was going to refax all this info so we could all be together, but now they don' t take the fax anymore . Help!

So now we don' t fax in the request a week before we arrive? I have requested and it is noted on my reservation a connecting room . We are 3 families going, have paid for a preferred room, 2 of us have a connecting and the third requested to be in the same building and had our reservations "linked". I was going to refax all this info so we could all be together, but now they don' t take the fax anymore . Help!

I usually call a few days before we arrive to make sure that our requests are still noted and to verify that the reservations are linked. From what I understand, they haven't accepted faxes in quite a while.

SO excited...didn't think I was going to get to stay at CBR this year, since our August trip we are trying out POR but, my sons high school baseball team is going for "spring training" and we are staying at CBR. Plus we are going with 2 other families that have never stayed there before!!

You can relax, you have done everything you need to do. The only resorts that still read faxed requests are POR and POFQ.

And we usually do what mickeystoontown suggests also, call a few days before your arrival and ask the CM to read back to you any requests you have tied to your reservation.

Hello everyone! We are planning a 6 night stay at Caribbean Beach in April and I have a question about shampoo! LOL! Yes, shampoo!
Can someone who has been recently tell me CB has shampoo and conditioner combo or separate? I thought Mods all have separate, but in the pic from the beginning it's the combo. I know that pics from a while ago so I was just wondering what is available now.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts