Career Start

msquacksalot

STB Cast Member
My name is Rachel Kreft and I am going to Florida for the Career Start program in August and I was wondering if anyone else is going at that time for either Career Start or the College Program.....ohh and I am going down the night before but have no idea where I am going to stay or how I am going to get to the apartments the next day....anyone got any clues???

hey!! im not im yet. but i just put in my application, can you tell me what the interview process was like and how long it took you to hear if you got it. thanks!!!! princess:

The interview process is actually very simple. They ask you questions like why you want to do the program and what your favorite park is and stuff like that. Just answer honestly but try to put as much enthusiasm in your voice as you can. That always sounds better and makes it sound like you want it more. It took about 4 weeks for me to find out but that was because I applied the first day I could and I am sure they were really busy. When I was accepted for the College Program in November it only took two weeks cause it was later in the process. So hopefully you won't have to wait as long as I did!!! Oh and if there are question you want to ask during the interview don't be afraid to ask because they want you to. They want you to be as much into this as you possibly can!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey Rachel, I'll be down there for the college program in August, and I was thinking about arriving the day before my check in date and stay in a hotel for the night, since I've heard there is a hotel across from Vista. As far as transportation, there is a transportation service that will take you from the airport to vista or the hotel.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions that I may be able to help with, or if you just want to chat :)

Hi Eveyone,

I am from the syracuse new york area and will be going doing to disney career start program..hoping to mingle here and get to know everyone...

C-Nyce aka Carla :banana:

Hi Jimmyb.. where in upstate are you leaving from? I am from the syracuse suburb...I am ready to roll :moped:

So how is everyone getting there and what day?? I am taking a red eye flight the night before since I can't afford the hotel room....but who is driving and who is flying???

Ohh!!! And where is everyone from??? I could ask a million and one questions for all y'all!!! So let's start talkin and gettin to know each other and that way we will ALL have friends when we check in!!!

So I will start. My name is Rachel as you all know by now and I am from a small town in Colorado. I have to drive an hour just to get to the smallest mall ever and I am three hours away from a major airport. I live in cow country and my friends have always thought I was a freak for being obsessed with Disney. Now they all think it is great and that Disney is the only place I should ever work. I am 19 years old. Have experienced a semester of going away to college and now I work full time as a waitress until the end of July. I am also going to Wisconsin in 12 days!!!! YAY

So that was prob more than y'all wanted to know but tell me about yourselves!!!

Hi Rachel, Hi Everyone, :cheer2: :moped: ready to roll....

I am from Liverpool New York, a suburb of Syracuse. This will be my first time acting living on my own away from my mom. I hope I don't get home sick. This is why I thought I would search the web to find "Forums" such as this one to meet and chat with others who are either new or have been there be fore....Did they let you know where you are stating? I will be at the vista way apartments..as of now...

I wonder how many days/hours we are going to be in class. Well I hope to chat with you soon. I would also like to add everyone to my buddy list..

msquacksalot said:
My start date is August 14th for Quick Service Food & Beverage

Hi Rachel,

I am also going to be in quick service food and bev...Are you staying at the Vista Way Apt? By any chance do you have AIM or Yahoo messenger?

I am also going to be in quick service food and bev...Are you staying at the Vista Way Apt? By any chance do you have AIM or Yahoo messenger?

As far as anyone knows that is where everyone is checking in but no one knows where they are staying. Alot of people have told me that after they checked in to VW they get moved to Chatham....so who knows. I have AIM my screen name is rachelakreft......everyone is welcome to add me if you want!!!

HI everyone, my name is Liz, I'm new around here, but I'm also in the CareerStart program, and I check in on the 14th too.

I live in Manitowoc, WI, about 35 min. south of Green Bay. I'm 19, and I can't wait to go back to WDW, I was just there for a family vacation at the end of Feb.

and msquacksalot, where are you going in Wisconsin? Is it a vacation?

Yes it is a vacation....I am going to Racine but I guess my friend is taking me all over the place. I have no idea how far Manitowoc is from Racine though. You would know better than me!!!! I am going the 13th through the 21st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter