Career Start

Hey, my names is Tony and I live in Wichita, KS. I'm 18 and I will be heading down the 13th for check in on the 14th. I've only been to WDW twice. I'll be in merchandise, I hope its exciting. I'm pretty sure I'll stay at the Vista Sheraton the night before check-in, they're close and have resonable prices. How long did it take everyone to get their email from them, It said 1 week, but its almost been 2. I've done everything right so far, maybe their just busy. Its probably just nerves and excitment, haha. :banana:

xspidey said:
Hey, my names is Tony and I live in Wichita, KS. I'm 18 and I will be heading down the 13th for check in on the 14th. I've only been to WDW twice. I'll be in merchandise, I hope its exciting. I'm pretty sure I'll stay at the Vista Sheraton the night before check-in, they're close and have resonable prices. How long did it take everyone to get their email from them, It said 1 week, but its almost been 2. I've done everything right so far, maybe their just busy. Its probably just nerves and excitment, haha. :banana:
With me, I got the email first and then did some other stuff. But right now is getting close to the end of the interview process and so they probably really are busy. I know that that is why it took so long for me to hear that I even got the job!!!

Wow, all you guys getting accpetance letters is making me go crazy b/c I still havent heard anything yet and I had my interview on May 2nd. I did call Casting yesterday, and they said they sent some information in the mail on June 5th, but I still haven't recieved it yet. I asked her if I was accepted and shes said she couldnt tell me over the phone whether I've been offered a position or not, but information was in the mail.

So everythings up in the air right now- I hope I get it tomorrow, but I dont know if its an acceptance or a rejection letter . I'm going crazy- Please wish me luck!!!!

Give it some time. It shouldn't take this long but it is at the end of the casting time as well so they may have more people. But if you have gotten anything by Monday or even tomorrow I would call and request that information to be sent again. Because stuff does get lost in the mail!!! Hope you get the job so you can join us this fall!!!!

Thanks, I'll have to call back on Monday if I havent gotten anything by then because the Casting office is closed now. I hope to see you guys this fall too!

msquacksalot said:
Give it some time. It shouldn't take this long but it is at the end of the casting time as well so they may have more people. But if you have gotten anything by Monday or even tomorrow I would call and request that information to be sent again. Because stuff does get lost in the mail!!! Hope you get the job so you can join us this fall!!!!

My welcome to the team email came today.... :Pinkbounc :yay: :banana: ..I had my arrival date change from Aug 14th to Aug 21st. I was emailing Brooke (recruiter) allday yesterday...

I hope we can continue to chat.....here...or AIM. MYSPACE.,etc

I-4WDW said:
Wow, all you guys getting accpetance letters is making me go crazy b/c I still havent heard anything yet and I had my interview on May 2nd. I did call Casting yesterday, and they said they sent some information in the mail on June 5th, but I still haven't recieved it yet. I asked her if I was accepted and shes said she couldnt tell me over the phone whether I've been offered a position or not, but information was in the mail.

So everythings up in the air right now- I hope I get it tomorrow, but I dont know if its an acceptance or a rejection letter . I'm going crazy- Please wish me luck!!!!

I had my phone interview mid april...my acceptance letter came the week of May 22nd...I was told I will receive the acceptance letter in about two weeks...I think it was more like a month...

I had some many questions for the recruiter..she did a good job.....Just in case anyone driving down...the hotel that is nearest Vista way apt..is the Holiday Inn sunpress it is located on rt 535...stayed there before.

Good luck,,,let us know when your letter comes... : :thumbsup2

xspidey said:

I took my letter about a month....sent it back...the welcome email came today...i need to pay the assessement fee.....I am staying at the Holiday inn sunspree,,it is right down the road..and the rate is $84.99...not a bad hotel...next to it is/was a steak house....

there's an outlet mall...in the area as well...

Until later.. have a pleasant day/night everyone

So glad that people are getting on this page again!!! So is everyone getting excited yet?? For most of us it is only about two months before we will meet!!! Crazy right?! If any of you are on myspace feel free to add me....you will probably have to do a search for Rachel Kreft.....it will ask you for my last name too when you try to add me. I am glad that everyone is getting on here and meeting. And giving each other information. It helps a ton!!!

Ya im getting pretty pumped im just ready to get out of small town life for awhile... Rachel you seem pretty into disney all around

It finally happened!! Today I recieved my letter from Walt Disney World telling me I was accepted into the Walt Disney World CareerStart Program! I am going to be working in Quick Service Food & Beverage, but I dont know which restaurant i'll be at or what park yet.
I was starting to think I didnt get in because it was over a month since my interview and I hadnt heard anything from them and they told me I would hear something in 2 weeks after my interview, and I didnt. I kept calling Disney Casting and never got any response from them, so I had pretty much give up on it, but was freakin out when I got it in the mail today.
Well, I just thought I'd let everybody know- See you around (or at WDW)!

Future Walt Disney World Cast Member

I-4WDW :cool1:

My check in date is August 14 for anyone that wants to know

I-4WDW said:
It finally happened!! Today I recieved my letter from Walt Disney World telling me I was accepted into the Walt Disney World CareerStart Program! I am going to be working in Quick Service Food & Beverage, but I dont know which restaurant i'll be at or what park yet.
I was starting to think I didnt get in because it was over a month since my interview and I hadnt heard anything from them and they told me I would hear something in 2 weeks after my interview, and I didnt. I kept calling Disney Casting and never got any response from them, so I had pretty much give up on it, but was freakin out when I got it in the mail today.
Well, I just thought I'd let everybody know- See you around (or at WDW)!

Future Walt Disney World Cast Member

I-4WDW :cool1:

My check in date is August 14 for anyone that wants to know

Hi I-4WDW,

Yes, I was told I will get a letter in about two weeks...It was actually three weeks... My original arrival date was Aug 14th...I changed it to Aug 21st.

msquacksalot said:
So how is everyone getting there and what day?? I am taking a red eye flight the night before since I can't afford the hotel room....but who is driving and who is flying???

Ohh!!! And where is everyone from??? I could ask a million and one questions for all y'all!!! So let's start talkin and gettin to know each other and that way we will ALL have friends when we check in!!!

So I will start. My name is Rachel as you all know by now and I am from a small town in Colorado. I have to drive an hour just to get to the smallest mall ever and I am three hours away from a major airport. I live in cow country and my friends have always thought I was a freak for being obsessed with Disney. Now they all think it is great and that Disney is the only place I should ever work. I am 19 years old. Have experienced a semester of going away to college and now I work full time as a waitress until the end of July. I am also going to Wisconsin in 12 days!!!! YAY

So that was prob more than y'all wanted to know but tell me about yourselves!!!

Where at in Colorado?? I am also from Colorado... VERY small town near Mesa Verde and the "four corners" Umm my sign in date is August 14th in merchandise! :cool1: Umm I am flying (kinda startin to think a car would be nice :confused3 but what can ya do?) I am also stayin the night in a hotel... but I'm kinda lost at which one to stay and all that good stuff!

I live in La Junta which is probably really close to be straight across from you on the other side of the state. I am really close to Kansas.

IS EVERYONE GETTING EXCITED?!?!?!?!?!

Hey, how is everyone? I was looking over the list of things I need to bring and had a question about it. It says we need professional ctothes. How professional do they mean? Will polo shirts cut it? Let me know. Thanks.

I was actually just going through that information this afternoon.....let me see....it says that you can't wear polos or golf style shirts....sorry....looks like you have to have button up....everyone does....

Hey im Kyle im from central illinois and im driving down the 12th and arriving the 14. I'll be in merchandise and cant wait to get down here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter