Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

I no longer see the ad that said these discounted Canadian vouchers would not expire. Can someone send me the link to this ad. I would like to buy some in advance for future trips but it worries me that they no longer advertise that they won't expire. I do see , when I click on the view detail, it says they have to be used by December 2018.

<sigh> Will it never end? Why does Disney have so much trouble keeping a consistent message?

For what it's worth:

Although the language on the advertisement has changed, the small print on the actual ticket purchase page has NOT changed. There is no indication of any expiry, except after first use. Compare this to the fine print on the regular tickets, which does say that first use must be on or before Dec 31/18, both in the "Important Details" section and in the terms at the bottom of the page.

On top of that, after the confusion and commotion raised over the Canadian Resident ticket expiry when expiry dates were introduced on the regular tickets, I really doubt that Disney would do a 180 on this now. There were several clarifications issued by Cast Members, both in writing and over the phone, saying that tickets sold under this offer would not expire. I can't see them making the effort to clarify this, and (mostly) fix the website, just to turn around and change it a couple of weeks later, thus causing even greater confusion.

My guess is that the change in the advertisement is a deliberate effort to de-emphasize the non-expiry of these tickets. They want people to use them now, not buy and hold. But I don't think the terms have actually changed. As for the "first use" mention in the "detail" view, that just looks like a standard footer that the web developer forgot to change.

ETA: As always, if you have concerns, get it in writing from Disney. That way if you end up having trouble down the line, you have their written confirmation to fall back on. They'll honour it.

I don't see that the non-expiry feature is gone and I haven't bit the bullet yet on these but feel I will need to get some assurance from Disney as mab2012 has suggested to increase comfort levels. I have to agree that Disney isn't going to reneg on that feature at this point. No guarantees of course but can't help but wonder if this is the last time this will be offered. I'd hazard a guess if they chose to offer it again after this current offer expires, there will be a use by date very clearly associated with any brand new offers.

I have yesterday sent Disney an email yesterday with a few questions on the tickets covered by the Canadian promotion. One of the question is related to an expiration date (or not)? I will post the response once I get that response from Disney.

I have yesterday sent Disney an email yesterday with a few questions on the tickets covered by the Canadian promotion. One of the question is related to an expiration date (or not)? I will post the response once I get that response from Disney.

Here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The Canadian resident discounted tickets do not have an expiration date as long as they remain unused, but once used, the remaining days expire 14 days later. You can add the Park Hopper® feature at the time of purchase. The prices are displayed online, or you can call our Reservations team for pricing information. You can bring a valid Canadian driver's license instead of a passport as well.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

xxxxx xxxxx
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Hi disneydreamgirl, Thank you for the link. Did you notice that the wording has changed and it no longer says that the vouchers don't expire?
But it also doesn't give an exp date like the DL tix.

We are staying in the Fort Wilderness Campground over Christmas and I just called this morning regarding the Canadian ticket discount that is on the website. I assumed that it didn't apply to resort reservations but it did!! Saved almost 800$ this morning :)

Thanks! Have a magical trip!
Passports don't have a printed address on it either (you write it in on a page). Yes Nexus is available to Americans, but both Canadian and American cards show Citizenship similar to what is shown in a passport. I highly doubt that CMs will know how to look at a Nexus card or even know what one is.

NEXUSCard.png
nexus-card.jpg

I'm curious to know this too, but since I'll be down there soon I will report back if this works (much to my chagrin, I'll be sure to keep passports with us).

We ended up forgetting to bring both our Nexus and Passports to the park with us (Epcot) because we had packed all of our things to transfer from one Disney resort to another after our first night.

Luckily for us, they let us use our driver's license at the ticket booth (not Guest Services) to confirm residency. I don't think that's normal protocol but glad they allowed us to do that. I would have been grumpy all day had they made us return with a passport or Nexus because there would have been no way to get to our bags easily. We didn't get our bags that night until close to 10pm.

So unfortunately I can't report whether Nexus cards would have worked. But I will say that one of the CMs asked for passport or Nexus as proof of age when we were getting a beer flight in the world showcase (not at the Canada pavilion) so I guess they know what it is and how to look at it.

We ended up forgetting to bring both our Nexus and Passports to the park with us (Epcot) because we had packed all of our things to transfer from one Disney resort to another after our first night.

Luckily for us, they let us use our driver's license at the ticket booth (not Guest Services) to confirm residency. I don't think that's normal protocol but glad they allowed us to do that. I would have been grumpy all day had they made us return with a passport or Nexus because there would have been no way to get to our bags easily. We didn't get our bags that night until close to 10pm.

So unfortunately I can't report whether Nexus cards would have worked. But I will say that one of the CMs asked for passport or Nexus as proof of age when we were getting a beer flight in the world showcase (not at the Canada pavilion) so I guess they know what it is and how to look at it.
I'm glad you had success getting into the park with only your driver's license --our son and his wife were told they needed to show their passports. Mind you they were in Disney Springs, not a park so perhaps they might have had some pixie dust if they had made their first attempt at a gate.

You have a lot more faith that I do in leaving your travel documents unattended in your luggage! If our room isn't ready (meaning we have no access to a safe) we keep those with us, along with any medications we have with us. Don't want to be scrambling to get replacements before we could go home :scared: We always head to the 2nd resort and drop off our carry-on bags to make sure we will have our "must-haves" before we do anything else.

We are staying in the Fort Wilderness Campground over Christmas and I just called this morning regarding the Canadian ticket discount that is on the website. I assumed that it didn't apply to resort reservations but it did!! Saved almost 800$ this morning :)
You had a package with tickets then?

Here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The Canadian resident discounted tickets do not have an expiration date as long as they remain unused, but once used, the remaining days expire 14 days later. You can add the Park Hopper® feature at the time of purchase. The prices are displayed online, or you can call our Reservations team for pricing information. You can bring a valid Canadian driver's license instead of a passport as well.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

xxxxx xxxxx
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.
I received the same message when I emailed. Just ordered 2 adults tickets from air miles for a future trip!

Are you saying you got a 25% room discount? Or just that you still got the discount on the tickets along with your rooom/pachage reservation, which would make sense.

My experience: I booked my package directly on the Disney website and received the Fun & Sun discount for my room (10% for Pop) and the 25% Cdn ticket discount to make up my package. Through my account, the site already knew I was a Cdn so it automatically presented me with the Cdn discount ticket options to make my booking a package, after I selected my room.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but can someone confirm something for me? I'm looking at going this fall. If I buy the CAD discount tickets, and room separately, and free dining comes out, I am SOL, and can't upgrade to the free dining package correct? And I can't buy the CAD discount tickets, room separately, and add the dining plan to it? Any thoughts on what the best thing / cheapest to do for the fall would be? Looking at going for a week if that matters, and probably staying at a moderate. Hoping POR.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but can someone confirm something for me? I'm looking at going this fall. If I buy the CAD discount tickets, and room separately, and free dining comes out, I am SOL, and can't upgrade to the free dining package correct? And I can't buy the CAD discount tickets, room separately, and add the dining plan to it? Any thoughts on what the best thing / cheapest to do for the fall would be? Looking at going for a week if that matters, and probably staying at a moderate. Hoping POR.

You can add dining plans just not FD. To qualify for FD, you have to book a package that includes the room at rack rate and at least 2 day of tickets with hopper/waterpark. Whether it's better to book everything separately or a package and hope for FD really depends on your own individual situation. Just to share my experience: I bought these Cdn tickets for 6 days (the discount is actually more than 25% I believe) and then I booked ASMu via Orbitz much cheaper than rack rate. I did some calculations the other day assuming I could get FD at ASMu for the days that I will be staying. I still came out ahead with the discounts that I'm getting now and just pay for the dining plan.

James, sorry, you lost me. lol So you booked your hotel on Orbitz, but if free dining promotion comes out, you'll cancel and book through Disney? And you'll be able to get the free dining even though you got the CDN tickets? Or you mean that with the discount you got with the tickets, and booking on Orbitz, and paying out of pocket for meals, it'll be cheaper than if you got a package with free dining?

James, sorry, you lost me. lol So you booked your hotel on Orbitz, but if free dining promotion comes out, you'll cancel and book through Disney? And you'll be able to get the free dining even though you got the CDN tickets? Or you mean that with the discount you got with the tickets, and booking on Orbitz, and paying out of pocket for meals, it'll be cheaper than if you got a package with free dining?

It's cheaper for me to keep my CDN tickets and hotel through Orbitz than rebooking a package with FD.

You can add dining plans just not FD. To qualify for FD, you have to book a package that includes the room at rack rate and at least 2 day of tickets with hopper/waterpark. Whether it's better to book everything separately or a package and hope for FD really depends on your own individual situation. Just to share my experience: I bought these Cdn tickets for 6 days (the discount is actually more than 25% I believe) and then I booked ASMu via Orbitz much cheaper than rack rate. I did some calculations the other day assuming I could get FD at ASMu for the days that I will be staying. I still came out ahead with the discounts that I'm getting now and just pay for the dining plan.

OK... here's how it went down for my family. The CDN ticket discount was released maybe 2 weeks before package discounts came out that included Room, tickets & dining plan. We had already booked a package for our kids with the intent of modifying it when the discounts actually dropped ... that day arrived and the rooms we wanted we NOT in the deal (not every resort is included in every offer) so i called to see what could be worked out using the ticket discount. Final result was one set of kids had a room at POP with tickets & dining plan for about 35% less than my American friend could get. The other set had a room at CBR for about 28% less (again, different resorts different level of discounts apply --Disney Math!)

You can turn a room only reservation into a ticket-less package ONLY if you have booked the room directly through Disney (so not by using a discount site like Orbitz) either on-line or over the phone. The only way to do that is to call Disney directly and ask to add on the dining plan. What usually happens when free dining offers are out is there are also Room Only offers that will be a better deal depending on your family make-up. You might find that you can do much better $$wise by paying out of pocket for meals because you aren't eating more than you might normally eat, lots of options to figure out. Hubby and I spent almost 3 weeks there and i just finished totalling all our bills and discovered that even WITH a few meals that we paid for 6 people we averaged spending $76.00/day on food (this includes groceries we bought as well)

OK... here's how it went down for my family. The CDN ticket discount was released maybe 2 weeks before package discounts came out that included Room, tickets & dining plan. We had already booked a package for our kids with the intent of modifying it when the discounts actually dropped ... that day arrived and the rooms we wanted we NOT in the deal (not every resort is included in every offer) so i called to see what could be worked out using the ticket discount. Final result was one set of kids had a room at POP with tickets & dining plan for about 35% less than my American friend could get. The other set had a room at CBR for about 28% less (again, different resorts different level of discounts apply --Disney Math!)

You can turn a room only reservation into a ticket-less package ONLY if you have booked the room directly through Disney (so not by using a discount site like Orbitz) either on-line or over the phone. The only way to do that is to call Disney directly and ask to add on the dining plan. What usually happens when free dining offers are out is there are also Room Only offers that will be a better deal depending on your family make-up. You might find that you can do much better $$wise by paying out of pocket for meals because you aren't eating more than you might normally eat, lots of options to figure out. Hubby and I spent almost 3 weeks there and i just finished totalling all our bills and discovered that even WITH a few meals that we paid for 6 people we averaged spending $76.00/day on food (this includes groceries we bought as well)

In case of Room Only offers, yes, you can turn it into a ticket-less package and add dining plans, but I don't believe you will be able to qualify for free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!